CM&KV

I-130 January 2018 Filers

1,085 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2020 at 2:06 AM, SKB2017 said:

Yes, those are the two you need.  I used FedEx and sent mine to the second address last week.

Hey thank you for the response. If you don’t mind, I have one more question. So my spouse and I will be filing jointly, I know  the application is mostly about the conditional residence spouse, however, my question is that when we prepare our package soon to be mailed out should the cover page be from my wife or as if I the U.S citizen had prepared the package? 

thank you very much again for your response in advance! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/16/2020 at 11:59 PM, Gods-faith said:

Hey thank you for the response. If you don’t mind, I have one more question. So my spouse and I will be filing jointly, I know  the application is mostly about the conditional residence spouse, however, my question is that when we prepare our package soon to be mailed out should the cover page be from my wife or as if I the U.S citizen had prepared the package? 

thank you very much again for your response in advance! 

We made the cover page from both of us and we both signed it.  Can't hurt to let them know that both of you had a part in putting it together jointly :)

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Group,

We never received form I-797 and it was very difficult to get an answer from USCIS. The phone system would not transfer us because we did not have a receipt number, but we did not have a receipt number because we didn't receive the I-797. Finally I was able to reach them on live chat and they gave me a receipt number, the notice seems to have been lost in the mail since 9/23.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

We never received form I-797 either and the time is coming soon to file petition to remove residence. We will be mailing our package very soon even though we have not gotten any notice. Are you going to mail yours in as well without the notice? 

You won't get any notice advising you to file. You should file as soon as your time comes up.

The I-797 is a receipt after you file. In our case, we didn't receive it. We files in early September but the application wasn't accepted until late September. They cashed the check, but never mailed us a notice or it got lost in the mail.

This caused us to not know our receipt number, and we weren't able to get help over the phone. Their new phone system is a true nightmare.

Aww okay. I am sorry to hear. I hope you guys gets it all sorted out and be back onto the right track. Thanks for clarifying, I understand now. And my wife GC expired on February 16 next year so 90 days before brings us to around November 18 of this year so we will be filing before that. We already have all evidence just have to make check and mail package. 

thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,  I submitted my wife’s package of Removal of Permanent Residence, it was delivered today in Phoenix AZ. The 18th of November will be the start of the 90 days for my wife to file. I hope the package being delivered 2 days before the 90 days start time is not an issue. 

Btw, I have a question for anyone that has submitted their package already. How long will USCIS takes to open that package and send out a letter? If you have gotten that far already. 

Thank you for your response in advance! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gods-faith said:

Hey guys,  I submitted my wife’s package of Removal of Permanent Residence, it was delivered today in Phoenix AZ. The 18th of November will be the start of the 90 days for my wife to file. I hope the package being delivered 2 days before the 90 days start time is not an issue. 

Btw, I have a question for anyone that has submitted their package already. How long will USCIS takes to open that package and send out a letter? If you have gotten that far already. 

Thank you for your response in advance! 

Hi,

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your application in all likelihood will be rejected due to applying too early. And due to the current government's rules, you are not even due a notice to let you know that your application is not accepted. For us, it took them about a month to actually open the package and cash the check (I believe I posted my timeframes on this thread), but the receipt date is the day the envelope arrived to the service center. I think it is very important for you to consult with a lawyer now, to see if you should send a new application or if you should wait and see what the outcome of this one is.

In regard to the I-797, according to them, they sent it shortly after opening my package (2 days later) and cashing the check, but I never received it and it was a true nightmare to get in touch with them, obtain our receipt number and request a replacement letter. We requested the replacement letter three weeks ago and we have not received it yet, but the case is visible in our online profile.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:16 PM, laowainelson said:

Hi,

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but your application in all likelihood will be rejected due to applying too early. And due to the current government's rules, you are not even due a notice to let you know that your application is not accepted. For us, it took them about a month to actually open the package and cash the check (I believe I posted my timeframes on this thread), but the receipt date is the day the envelope arrived to the service center. I think it is very important for you to consult with a lawyer now, to see if you should send a new application or if you should wait and see what the outcome of this one is.

In regard to the I-797, according to them, they sent it shortly after opening my package (2 days later) and cashing the check, but I never received it and it was a true nightmare to get in touch with them, obtain our receipt number and request a replacement letter. We requested the replacement letter three weeks ago and we have not received it yet, but the case is visible in our online profile.

Now I am a bit worried. I though with this whole pandemic and stuff the mailing process would be slower so I mailed it out a few days earlier. However, it’s not that far off from the start of the 90 days, not even a week. I though you can mailed it 90 days from before the time of your PR card expires. I’ll just kept my fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

Edited by Gods-faith

Timeline

Dear All,

Today we received form I-797 notice of action to have my wife appear at our nearest application support center for her biometrics.  Our appointment is December 8th.

I received a letter in the mail today.

We filed for removal of conditions in August.

Wish everyone good luck!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, beeti23 said:

Dear All,

Today we received form I-797 notice of action to have my wife appear at our nearest application support center for her biometrics.  Our appointment is December 8th.

I received a letter in the mail today.

We filed for removal of conditions in August.

Wish everyone good luck!

Did you get the answer for removal of condition ? How does it work and was she under deportation ? 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Did you get the answer for removal of condition ? How does it work and was she under deportation ? 

Hi, this "Removal of conditions" is for those of us that went through the permanent resident process and our marriage was less than two years old. Initially our spouses receive two years conditional resident status. 90 days before the expiration of those two years, there's an extra step to remove those condition and "convert", so to speak, their status to permanent resident without conditions.

Hope this helps!

Timeline

My wife arrived on 2 year CR-1 green card.  CR1 is conditional resident based on marriage.  We were married before we applied for her green card.  The CR1 is only good for 2 years, after that you have to apply to remove the conditions of her greencard - this is I751 form.  2 years was expiring this past August.  We applied for removal of conditions in August.  Part of the removal of conditions process is going to have biometrics taken.  This is the notice we received today.  My wife will go on December 8th.  It doesn't mean she has been approved yet, but is a necessary step in the process.

I hope this helps answer any questions.  If not, please let me know and I will try to answer as best I can.

Below is the application we need to fill out and take to her biometrics appointment in December.

20201121_134200.jpg

Edited by beeti23

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, laowainelson said:

Hi, this "Removal of conditions" is for those of us that went through the permanent resident process and our marriage was less than two years old. Initially our spouses receive two years conditional resident status. 90 days before the expiration of those two years, there's an extra step to remove those condition and "convert", so to speak, their status to permanent resident without conditions.

Hope this helps!

It helps. Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.