sevimli

Chicago Judicial Oath Ceremony Dates?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi,

Wondering the dates for the judicial oath ceremony in Chicago. 

I searched the forum, and online sources, there is not much out there.

That would be great if someone can provide some info.

Thanks in advance!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On 12/27/2017 at 12:07 AM, sevimli said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!!!

I don't think they have posted 2018 dates yet. 

But you can check this site:  http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/Naturalization.aspx

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Steelers1020 said:

I don't think they have posted 2018 dates yet. 

But you can check this site:  http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/Naturalization.aspx

It's been empty for months now.

I have been checking the site time to time... I thought I was checking the wrong website... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
36 minutes ago, sevimli said:

It's been empty for months now.

I have been checking the site time to time... I thought I was checking the wrong website... :)

Hi!  I did my oath in Chicago earlier this year (June).  The website only lists judicial oaths - not administrative oaths (i.e., done by a DHS official, not a judge).  The administrative oaths are done in the same building as where you go for your interview (LaSalle).  From my non-scientific review of oath dates over the last few months, it seems Chicago has admin oaths very regularly - a bunch of times a week?

At my oath there were 40-50 people all being sworn in at 1 ceremony.  My ceremony was led by a DHS official (a young woman); it started at 9a and we were done by ~11a.   The longest time taken was for each person to go up and get their certificate.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, n400chicago5 said:

Hi!  I did my oath in Chicago earlier this year (June).  The website only lists judicial oaths - not administrative oaths (i.e., done by a DHS official, not a judge).  The administrative oaths are done in the same building as where you go for your interview (LaSalle).  From my non-scientific review of oath dates over the last few months, it seems Chicago has admin oaths very regularly - a bunch of times a week?

At my oath there were 40-50 people all being sworn in at 1 ceremony.  My ceremony was led by a DHS official (a young woman); it started at 9a and we were done by ~11a.   The longest time taken was for each person to go up and get their certificate.

Thanks for the info!

I do a name change, that's why I am trying to find out the possible dates...

On 12/27/2017 at 12:07 AM, sevimli said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!!!

Can I ask when you applied and interviewed? My husband is a May filer and hasn't gotten his interview date yet. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Can I ask when you applied and interviewed? My husband is a May filer and hasn't gotten his interview date yet. 

Around early to mid September.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/29/2017 at 12:30 PM, sevimli said:

Thanks for the info!

I do a name change, that's why I am trying to find out the possible dates...

Hey,  we've been waiting for my husbands oath letter - was in the mailbox yesterday (even thought it didn't show up on USPS's 'informed delivery' tracker).   His oath is Tues 1/16 - at the Federal building on S. Dearborn.  So I'm assuming that's a judicial oath? 

As an FYI, he is not doing a name change, so not sure why he's being sent to that one!

Happy new year and good luck with the rest of the process!    

Timeline
5 hours ago, n400chicago5 said:

Hey,  we've been waiting for my husbands oath letter - was in the mailbox yesterday (even thought it didn't show up on USPS's 'informed delivery' tracker).   His oath is Tues 1/16 - at the Federal building on S. Dearborn.  So I'm assuming that's a judicial oath? 

As an FYI, he is not doing a name change, so not sure why he's being sent to that one!

Happy new year!

Thanks, I got the same date as well. And yes, Dearborn is for judicial oath ceremonies.

I believe there is a min. number of attendee requirement in order to hold a ceremony, so I am assuming they are shifting people between two locations based on need.

Best of luck to everyone!

On 1/1/2018 at 2:16 PM, n400chicago5 said:

Hi n400chicago5, 

I am Chicago filer too.

I received my Oath Ceremony letter today with the location for the ceremony as US District Court @ 219 S Dearborn Street and Date 01/25/2018

I too did not request for name-change so not sure why am I being asked for a judicial oath. 

Could you kindly please share your Judicial Oath experience after your Oath on 1/16?

Thanks

On 1/9/2018 at 7:18 PM, sakarpoN400 said:

Hi n400chicago5, 

I am Chicago filer too.

I received my Oath Ceremony letter today with the location for the ceremony as US District Court @ 219 S Dearborn Street and Date 01/25/2018

I too did not request for name-change so not sure why am I being asked for a judicial oath. 

Could you kindly please share your Judicial Oath experience after your Oath on 1/16?

Thanks

Hi n400chicago5,  How did your oath ceremony go? Can you please your experience? 

Hi n400chicago5,  How did your oath ceremony go? Can you please your experience?

On 1/9/2018 at 7:18 PM, sakarpoN400 said:

Hi n400chicago5, 

I am Chicago filer too.

Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, sakarpoN400 said:

Hi There,

It was great, actually my husband is a little jealous of the ceremony I attended. The one in the Congress Parkway was not as impressive as this way.

Judge Tharp gave a very nice speech. There were 110 people from 38 countries.

All staff was extremely polite and helpful. They got answered every question they were asked. 

All family members were able to sit nicely as well. Also Judge gave everyone (family members) permission to move freely in order to take photos during the entire ceremony. We were told that this is changing depending on the Judge assigned to that ceremony.

Overall we had a very nice pleasant experience.

Good luck to rest of the people!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.