itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Vik77 said:

At what point should I do this, once I receive an interview date?

Yes, I would say so. I do not think that you will get a RFE. Since RFEs are not issued if you do not send in your medical, it would not make sense to issue one. If you do not submit a I-693, you get a yellow Courtesy letter, asking you to bring the I-693 to the interview. If you are already at the "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" stage, then we may assume your file has been deemed complete and accurate. Your interview notice may mention it generically, when listing everything else they expect to see. 

Interview notices are sent about 4 weeks prior to the interview. I would at least contact the physician who did it, and try to get a verbal promise/arrangement on the price. That way, you'd know that's where you'll go. I am saying that because 4 weeks may not be enough time for you to shop around. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

6 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Yes, I would say so. I do not think that you will get a RFE. Since RFEs are not issued if you do not send in your medical, it would not make sense to issue one. If you do not submit a I-693, you get a yellow Courtesy letter, asking you to bring the I-693 to the interview. If you are already at the "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" stage, then we may assume your file has been deemed complete and accurate. Your interview notice may mention it generically, when listing everything else they expect to see. 

Interview notices are sent about 4 weeks prior to the interview. I would at least contact the physician who did it, and try to get a verbal promise/arrangement on the price. That way, you'd know that's where you'll go. I am saying that because 4 weeks may not be enough time for you to shop around. 

So when I had my medical in the UK and most people mentioned that since your medical was recent you would not need the i693 and the results from the medical were all you needed to send in. Never the less when I filed AoS I got my vaccinations list transcribed and attached a i693.

Are you saying I should use the same doctor who did the administrative work (i693) for my medical? Would I need a medical and then to complete the i693 form?

Edited by Vik77

On 5/9/2018 at 10:38 AM, itsdonealready said:

I just noticed your timeline and you have a case status update of interview ready to be scheduled.

The last case status update I received was "fingerprint fee was received" and that was from last summer when I had my bio metrics.

Is this something I should call or look into as I have not had any further case updates.......well believe it or not my wife received a text today saying my ead card was delivered .....this was my ead card that I received last September! It seems like they are out of sync in terms of updates. 

4 hours ago, Vik77 said:

So when I had my medical in the UK and most people mentioned that since your medical was recent you would not need the i693 and the results from the medical were all you needed to send in. Never the less when I filed AoS I got my vaccinations list transcribed and attached a i693.

Are you saying I should use the same doctor who did the administrative work (i693) for my medical? Would I need a medical and then to complete the i693 form?

Actually, I stand corrected. This is from the I-693 instructions. Page 7/12. Per the instructions, you satisfied the requirements. You submitted the exam from the UK AND a I-693, all within a year of filing your I-485.

image.thumb.png.69233304450a066b40cfd911fa5f9dcd.png

I knew I had seen those provisions somewhere and had not been able to find them. I think you're fine. Kuddos for staying on top of it. You may just have to show proof of your yearly flu shot. I would have that handy at the interview, and provide it if asked, but wouldn't make a case of it. I apologize for ALMOST misinforming you there. 

All the best. 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

4 hours ago, Vik77 said:

I just noticed your timeline and you have a case status update of interview ready to be scheduled.

The last case status update I received was "fingerprint fee was received" and that was from last summer when I had my bio metrics.

Is this something I should call or look into as I have not had any further case updates.......well believe it or not my wife received a text today saying my ead card was delivered .....this was my ead card that I received last September! It seems like they are out of sync in terms of updates. 

When folks get old status messages, and it seems like the system is catching up, that typically means someone is working on your case. I wouldn't be surprised if you get updated to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". 

It's just painful to go through this process with the Minneapolis Field Office. Folks who filed in February and March 2018, are having their interviews in June already. Yet, the Minneapolis Field Office is only going to get slower, once they start phasing in interviews for employment-based AOS

I-751 Joint Filing.

1 hour ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Actually, I stand corrected. This is from the I-693 instructions. Page 7/12. Per the instructions, you satisfied the requirements. You submitted the exam from the UK AND a I-693, all within a year of filing your I-485.

image.thumb.png.69233304450a066b40cfd911fa5f9dcd.png

I knew I had seen those provisions somewhere and had not been able to find them. I think you're fine. Kuddos for staying on top of it. You may just have to show proof of your yearly flu shot. I would have that handy at the interview, and provide it if asked, but wouldn't make a case of it. I apologize for ALMOST misinforming you there. 

All the best. 

Phewww so I dont need to worry about doing another medical then, thanks for confirming!

51 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

When folks get old status messages, and it seems like the system is catching up, that typically means someone is working on your case. I wouldn't be surprised if you get updated to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". 

It's just painful to go through this process with the Minneapolis Field Office. Folks who filed in February and March 2018, are having their interviews in June already. Yet, the Minneapolis Field Office is only going to get slower, once they start phasing in interviews for employment-based AOS

Yeah its frustrating to view those apply one year after you have their GC in hand.

Yeah the old text message was in relation to my original EAD card ...do you think this text is related to my reapply of ead or my interview?

Im just a bit curious as to why my case status for the i485 has not updated since fingerprint fee was received?

Do you happen to know roughly what MM/YY they are currently processing for Minneapolis office?

55 minutes ago, Vik77 said:

Phewww so I dont need to worry about doing another medical then, thanks for confirming!

You're welcome!

I-751 Joint Filing.

6 hours ago, Vik77 said:

Hi, no worries a lot of people who got their interview done still has that status (fingerprint fee was received). I do not think you should be worried about this.

However, regarding your medical, I would suggest you get a new one, despite what @USC4SPOUSE

suggested.

Yes when you are admitted with K-1 visa you should not be worried, however due to the super-long waiting period in the MSP office, I strongly suggest you to get a new one just IN CASE you are requested to submit a new one during or AFTER your interview. I have heard about many cases where people passed the interview but they are requested to submit a new medical. While this should not delay the process significantly (e.g., once they receive the new medial they should issue your green card immediately), for our office I think it is wiser to play safe by having a new medical ready and taking it with you to the interview. You never know how much delay will be caused by this consider the special situation in MSP.

Usually you will receive your interview date 3 weeks to 1 month before your actual interview, which give you enough time to schedule and do a new medical.

09/28/2017: Package delivered to USCIS

10/04/2017: Priority Date

10/05/2017: SMS/Email Confirmation at 11:34pm CST

10/10/2017: 4 NOA's received in Mail

10/16/2017: Received biometrics appointment letter

?/?/2017: Received letter asking for I-693

10/26/2017: Biometrics appointment

11/01/2017: I-485 case status 'Ready to be scheduled for an interview'

12/28/2017: Inquiry for EAD (via attorney)

01/08/2018: EAD/AP status 'Case was approved' (102 Days)

01/12/2018: EAD/AP Card & approval notice received in mail

09/17/2018: Case status changed to 'Interview Scheduled' (354 days)

11/05/2018: Interview, not approved on-site

11/09/2018: I-485 case status 'New card is being produced' (407 days)

11/13/2018: both I-485 and I-130 case status showing 'Case was approved'

11/16/2018: I-485 case status 'Card was Mailed' with tracking number

11/17/2018: Green card delivered. I-485 case status 'Card was delivered' (415 days)

21 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

You're welcome!

I just want to clarify that ultimately, it's your decision. I am not suggesting or coercing you to do X, Y or Z. I thought the information I had given you initially was accurate. I double checked, and that's what the directions state. No one here is an attorney, and you will get a mix of opinions + facts when you ask a question. 

I would prefer to waste whatever $$$ it costs to get the I-693 updated. But that's just me, because I leave nothing to chance. It's the reason we're moving. Staying here is leaving our lives to chance. We'd rather move and change jurisdictions to a faster Field Office, where people are actually working - unlike the MSP office. 

You could book a free consultation with an attorney. There's always that option. That's my best non-legal advice. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vik77 said:

Yeah its frustrating to view those apply one year after you have their GC in hand.

Yeah the old text message was in relation to my original EAD card ...do you think this text is related to my reapply of ead or my interview?

Im just a bit curious as to why my case status for the i485 has not updated since fingerprint fee was received?

Do you happen to know roughly what MM/YY they are currently processing for Minneapolis office?

We also haven't seen our i-485 case status updated. It still says 'Fingerprint fee was received', similar to you. We also got a text message around 2am about the EAD confirming that USCIS sent it out LAST YEAR. Not really sure what that is about. I got really excited when I received the text and became immediately disappointed after I checked the status online...

I was wondering if anyone going through MSP knew what MM//YY EAD's are currently being processed?

I applied for a renewal ead/ap combo card late march2018 as mine expires Sep2018

I have received the black and white i-797c through the post for the i-765 + i-131 though what is current processing times on these should I have it before my current one expires?

Does the black and white i-797c docs extend my current card for 180 days? If so do I need to notify my employer or USCIS that my card has expired but I am continuing employment as I have these receipts?

At how many weeks prior to expiration should I contact my congressmen to help expedite the process as I am currently working and my card will expire. Does my employer need to write any type of letter to provide them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.