capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/24/2018 at 12:12 PM, SR_CAN said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get P3?

Our tracker changed to "Ready"on September 7 and I attempted to submit P3 on Friday. I got an email this morning saying they are still processing our case and not to submit P3 until they say so 🤧

I've been told to attempt to submit P3 every few days by multiple people, so I'm wondering if I should just wait for P3 in the mail or continue to submit every 4-5 days

I never received a P3. I just emailed it to them and they accepted it. My tracker did show another update date after it originally changed to Ready then I waited two weeks before sending P3.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, canadaa said:

I never received a P3. I just emailed it to them and they accepted it. My tracker did show another update date after it originally changed to Ready then I waited two weeks before sending P3.

I actually got P3 via email yesterday! I sent in an inquiry and they replied with P3 the day after!

Question. Does the medical exam take place in Montreal? My fiancée lives in Vanocuver, would she be able to have the medical done there? 

1 hour ago, datnukkahd said:

Question. Does the medical exam take place in Montreal? My fiancée lives in Vanocuver, would she be able to have the medical done there? 

There are 4 panel physicians in Canada. The details of who are on the embassy page on VJ.  There is one in Surrey. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

There are 4 panel physicians in Canada. The details of who are on the embassy page on VJ.  There is one in Surrey. 

Awesome! thank you! Can you provide a link to this embassy page with this info? Thanks again

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 5:02 AM, datnukkahd said:

I'm also from Vancouver and I scheduled my medical with Dr. Cheema in Surrey -> http://www.drcheema.ca/

Your fiance will need to email them as soon as she registers for her interview! 

You can DM me if you have any questions regarding our process/medical/police certificate. I recently learned there is another type of police certificate I needed to obtain for the interview! 

12 minutes ago, Silf said:

When scheduling the interview, can the $265 fee be paid via credit card? Or can it only be paid in cash? My fiancé (beneficiary) is not in Canada right now so he can’t go to one of the Scotia banks to pay the fee in cash. 

The P4 "eligibility to schedule" email from MTL contains a link to the ais.usvisa-info.com. On it you will register as a user and it will guide you through the steps of paying the $265 USD Fee (and then scheduling the interview and setting a shipping method for the actual Visa to be returned to you if approved). You can either pay it online through that website via card or you can bring cash to the consulate interview. They will ask you for your receipt from the online payment at the interview so ensure you follow the instructions to print one as you maneuver through the online scheduling procedure.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

2 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

The P4 "eligibility to schedule" email from MTL contains a link to the ais.usvisa-info.com. On it you will register as a user and it will guide you through the steps of paying the $265 USD Fee (and then scheduling the interview and setting a shipping method for the actual Visa to be returned to you if approved). You can either pay it online through that website via card or you can bring cash to the consulate interview. They will ask you for your receipt from the online payment at the interview so ensure you follow the instructions to print one as you maneuver through the online scheduling procedure.

Thank you 😊

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hey everyone! My fiance had his medical today at Medsys in Montreal. He took the bus there and arrived 2.5 hours early, but they started his process anyway which was nice. He said the entire process was very efficient, first they reviewed his vaccicanations and determined he was current, then he had blood drawn and urine test, then xrays, then met with the doctor. He said everyone in the office was nice and it was quick and painless. It took about an hour and a half. He was able to catch an earlier bus back home. They are keeping the records until we pick it up before his interview in January. 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

Hey everyone! My fiance had his medical today at Medsys in Montreal. He took the bus there and arrived 2.5 hours early, but they started his process anyway which was nice. He said the entire process was very efficient, first they reviewed his vaccicanations and determined he was current, then he had blood drawn and urine test, then xrays, then met with the doctor. He said everyone in the office was nice and it was quick and painless. It took about an hour and a half. He was able to catch an earlier bus back home. They are keeping the records until we pick it up before his interview in January. 

Hi! Just checking if your fiance had had chicken pox in the past, and if so, did he get a blood test to check his immunity? Or did he get the varicella vaccine? Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Hi! Just checking if your fiance had had chicken pox in the past, and if so, did he get a blood test to check his immunity? Or did he get the varicella vaccine? Thanks!

They just ask you if you've had it chicken pox in childhood and at what age.Your verbal confirmation is enough and they input the year of having chicken pox on your DS3025.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Alyssamac90 said:

He answered that he had chicken pox in the past and they didn't do anything further. He would have had to get the vaccine if he hadn't had it in the past.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.