Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, khanhdoan310 said:

Submitted case outside of processing time inquiry today. As of today no updates on both I-751 & N-400...

Hopefully this moves them to work on cases. My receipt date is Dec 22, 2017 so I should be able to do the same by next Monday. I wonder how fast they respond after submitting the case inquiry. This wait is crazy... August will make it 20th month...

6 hours ago, addy&julie said:

Hopefully this moves them to work on cases. My receipt date is Dec 22, 2017 so I should be able to do the same by next Monday. I wonder how fast they respond after submitting the case inquiry. This wait is crazy... August will make it 20th month...

I put it in an inquiry on July 3rd and still no response.  I spoke to the Contact Center and they said I should wait until 30 days are elapsed before chasing.  Interestingly, yesterday my citizenship interview was scheduled so not sure whether it's had an impact or not.  However, interview date is set for September so doesn't actually help much, still at least a 1 month gap between my extension expiring and citizenship plus an overseas trip inbetween. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, RHAS100 said:

I put it in an inquiry on July 3rd and still no response.  I spoke to the Contact Center and they said I should wait until 30 days are elapsed before chasing.  Interestingly, yesterday my citizenship interview was scheduled so not sure whether it's had an impact or not.  However, interview date is set for September so doesn't actually help much, still at least a 1 month gap between my extension expiring and citizenship plus an overseas trip inbetween. 

That is soo crazy... Extension letter expires in September and I have an overseas trip as well in September. This whole process has just been a complete mess. I know of 2 people that filed 7months later than I did and they already have their card in hand. Now I'm thinking of infopass to get i551 stamp 

14 hours ago, addy&julie said:

That is soo crazy... Extension letter expires in September and I have an overseas trip as well in September. This whole process has just been a complete mess. I know of 2 people that filed 7months later than I did and they already have their card in hand. Now I'm thinking of infopass to get i551 stamp 

I should have said that I also am trying to schedule infopass.  I was told that they would call me back within 48-72 hours.  I'm now on hour 70... I maybe shouldn't take them so literally. 

Also, I realized that my interview appointment letter has my old address on it even though I informed them of address change in May. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, khanhdoan310 said:

How unhelpful is this? Can anyone advise when I should write to my congressman?

image.thumb.png.e08ae2fc958aea7059684189f59a1c8e.png

This is just so annoying... Just a generic response that they are unable to tell you when your case will be adjudicated. Clearly its passed processed time and something should be done about it. I suggest you contact your Congress man ASAP and scheduled appointment to get i551 stamp extended. I am in the same boat as you I submit my case inquiry next week and am pretty sure it will be the same response. 

@khanhdoan310 Yes, I would recommend contacting your representative as soon as possible.  This is nonsense!  Committed to processing?!? Yeah, right!!

Signature coming soon...

I just checked my case on the case tracker app, and it says that my citizenship oath ceremony notice has been mailed, which is obviously terrific. The weird thing is that it doesn't say my I-751 has been approved. According to the app, my fingerprint review was completed two days ago, but that's the last update for the I-751. When I log into my account on the USCIS website, there's no record of the fingerprint review. In fact, it that says the last action taken on my I-751 was back in December when it transferred to Lee Summit. What is going on?!? I want to be happy that the oath ceremony has been scheduled, but I'm hesitant until I know all the ducks are lined up. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

10 hours ago, RHAS100 said:

I should have said that I also am trying to schedule infopass.  I was told that they would call me back within 48-72 hours.  I'm now on hour 70... I maybe shouldn't take them so literally. 

Also, I realized that my interview appointment letter has my old address on it even though I informed them of address change in May. 

Just to say that I did get a call at almost exactly 72 hours and I now have an info pass appointment for Monday morning. 

5 hours ago, jz1495 said:

I just checked my case on the case tracker app, and it says that my citizenship oath ceremony notice has been mailed, which is obviously terrific. The weird thing is that it doesn't say my I-751 has been approved. According to the app, my fingerprint review was completed two days ago, but that's the last update for the I-751. When I log into my account on the USCIS website, there's no record of the fingerprint review. In fact, it that says the last action taken on my I-751 was back in December when it transferred to Lee Summit. What is going on?!? I want to be happy that the oath ceremony has been scheduled, but I'm hesitant until I know all the ducks are lined up. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Just checked the app again and under the I-751 application, it now says "New card is being produced". Thank God. Great news. I'm gonna have a drink... Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and shared stories. Really made it all so much easier.

CSC is currently processing Dec 27, 2017 I 751 applications. I can't submit a case processing outside normal processing time on USCIS site. It still says my case is with in processing times. When I login to https://myaccount.uscis.gov/ I cannot send a message either for my  I 751. I can only send a direct message for my N400. Is there a way to contact USCIS other than calling them? I feel like I might as well call them to get a I-551 stamp on my passport. Please advise. Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, samoak78 said:

CSC is currently processing Dec 27, 2017 I 751 applications. I can't submit a case processing outside normal processing time on USCIS site. It still says my case is with in processing times. When I login to https://myaccount.uscis.gov/ I cannot send a message either for my  I 751. I can only send a direct message for my N400. Is there a way to contact USCIS other than calling them? I feel like I might as well call them to get a I-551 stamp on my passport. Please advise. Thanks! 

Did you get any transfer notice that your I-751 was transferred to NBC?  It happened to me also ( VSC).  When date passed outside the process time, I tried to send an inquiry and got the same message.  I realized ( assumed)  that since they called I-751 to NBC when I filed N-400 and I-751 out of processing time will be as per NBC processing time and that was the reason,  I got same message.

Citizen from :July 15, 2019.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.