McInnesJake

K-1 Police Records

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi,
I am still miles away from this stage (November filer), but I am curious to how recent your police records and medical exam's have to be?

Do they have to be after you are requested to do so?

Or is it within a certain time frame of your interview etc?

I was wondering if it is possible to save time in the run up to the interview. I mean either way I will be waiting until I am told to do so, but im interested.

Thanks  

Timeline
1 minute ago, McInnesJake said:

Hi,
I am still miles away from this stage (November filer), but I am curious to how recent your police records and medical exam's have to be?

I was wondering if it is possible to save time in the run up to the interview. I mean either way I will be waiting until I am told to do so, but im interested.

Thanks  

I don't remember if they have to be a certain time frame but for some reason I am thinking 6 months.  I would wait until after you receive your NOA2 to think about doing them.  I know that there is a time limit that the medical stays valid when it comes to AOS once you marry and if it expires you have to pay for a new one here in the states which can be very costly.  We applied for my husbands police certificate after the NOA2 while the case was at the NVC stage and it took about a week and a half to receive it in the post.  We scheduled his medical after we received our case number from NVC which was about 2 and a half weeks after we got the NOA2. 

Sorry I don't have exact answers but hope it helps a bit!

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

12/21/16 - I-129f packet sent to Texas

12/23/16 - I-129f packet received

1/5/17- NOA1 receipt date

1/10/17 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

Timeline
4 minutes ago, McInnesJake said:

Hi,

Thanks  

I just realized you're from Greenville as well.  Saw your picture and thought "wow, that looks familiar!" haha.  We are also an England to Greenville couple.  Welcome to the journey :)

:wub:"Waiting is a sign of true love and patience.  Anyone can say "I love you", but not everyone can wait and prove it's true" :wub:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Police clearance certificate is usually valid for one year since it’s date. And for medicals.. you schedule them after the case is forwarded to your embassy and they are valid for 6 months I think. So when applying for AOS usually K-1 holders shouldn’t go for another round of medicals again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

do the medical about 3 weeks before the interview as the date on medical is the start date for travel / 6 months from medical exam

as for the police records some do expire in 90  days / if your country doesn't and you do them too fast, it may lead to an AP after interview / anyone can make a mistake (have a violaiton) after getting a clear police clearance and that is why they would check 

safest to just wait until they tell you to do these 

only when you have lived in another country for more than a year and need to request that one now

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

I just realized you're from Greenville as well.  Saw your picture and thought "wow, that looks familiar!" haha.  We are also an England to Greenville couple.  Welcome to the journey :)

Thanks for the advice... 
Haha yeah it was the first thing I noticed on your profile 'Greer SC'. It's a small world. Where in the UK are you from?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, McInnesJake said:

Thanks for the advice... 
Haha yeah it was the first thing I noticed on your profile 'Greer SC'. It's a small world. Where in the UK are you from?

It is a small world! I am actually the US citizen.  My husband is from Beaminster in southwest England.  What about you? 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ashley Scott said:

It is a small world! I am actually the US citizen.  My husband is from Beaminster in southwest England.  What about you? 

Oh my bad!
I was interested to see if it was an even smaller world, if we were from the same place in the UK. I'm from Newcastle, so opposite end of the Country :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, McInnesJake said:

Hi,

Thanks  

For the police checks from other countries you may have lived they don't expire, but you do need to make sure they're all translated into English. For the UK one it's a 12 month expiry, but honestly they come within about 2 weeks after applying for it so you can definitely afford to wait until you at least get your NOA2 :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, McInnesJake said:

Oh my bad!
I was interested to see if it was an even smaller world, if we were from the same place in the UK. I'm from Newcastle, so opposite end of the Country :)

Gotcha.  :)  I am not too familiar with Newcastle other than the fact that I have a few of their players on my fantasy football team.  lol.  I do hope to make that one of our stops one day on one of our trips over to England though!  I hope you and your fiancé have a super quick and smooth process.  Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.  We will be more than happy to try and answer anything we can for you both.  :) 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

Gotcha.  :)  I am not too familiar with Newcastle other than the fact that I have a few of their players on my fantasy football team.  lol.  I do hope to make that one of our stops one day on one of our trips over to England though!  I hope you and your fiancé have a super quick and smooth process.  Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.  We will be more than happy to try and answer anything we can for you both.  :) 

haha poor you, our Players can't be getting you that many Points.. Thanks :) you never know we might pass you in the street one day in Greenville.
Cheers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.