JJBUI3

December AOS 2017

323 posts in this topic

Hi all I just recive a notification from uscis

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

On January 13, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC*********. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. 

😢😢 now I have to wait for the letter at my mail to know what are they asking for 

On 1/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, JJBUI3 said:

Hi all I just recive a notification from uscis

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

On January 13, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC*********. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. 

😢😢 now I have to wait for the letter at my mail to know what are they asking for 

Have you gotten the mail already? Well, this shows your application is moving.. Kindly Update us on what evidence they need from you.

Edited by AOS JOURNEY

51 minutes ago, AOS JOURNEY said:

Have you gotten the mail already? Well, this shows your application is moving.. Kindly Update us on what evidence they need from you.

No. I’m still waiting for the letter USPS don’t work today for the Martin Luther king jr day I hope tomorrow I will get the letter 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They got my package on december 22nd, have my biometrics on the 24th and a second one for my EAD on the 26th...is this normal?? My EAD letter also came in my married name, and my aos biometrics letter came in my maiden name, I'm so confused 😢

Edited by Usagicha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Usagicha said:

They got my package on december 22nd, have my biometrics on the 24th and a second one for my EAD on the 26th...is this normal?? My EAD letter also came in my married name, and my aos biometrics letter came in my maiden name, I'm so confused 😢

Sometimes it happens seperate don't worry

But why are they in two different names 

Did you file the forms like that by any chance ? 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Sometimes it happens seperate don't worry

But why are they in two different names 

Did you file the forms like that by any chance ? 

No not at all, im positive I filed under maiden name and my passport etc is under my maiden name which I sent with it, I'm just worried it'll make an issue tbh

Timeline
1 hour ago, Usagicha said:

No not at all, im positive I filed under maiden name and my passport etc is under my maiden name which I sent with it, I'm just worried it'll make an issue tbh

Ah okay there must have been some confusion on uscis end than.

Most people file under their married name even though their passport is under their maiden name. Including myself. I'm not Sure why they did that  that is something you will have to bring up at your aos interview. 

Are you keeping copies of everything you send? It's really good to at this point it will help you in the future 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Ah okay there must have been some confusion on uscis end than.

Most people file under their married name even though their passport is under their maiden name. Including myself. I'm not Sure why they did that  that is something you will have to bring up at your aos interview. 

Are you keeping copies of everything you send? It's really good to at this point it will help you in the future 

Actually I haven't got a copy of the actual forms which is my own fault I have copies of our evidence of relationship but I was very nervous filing everything because I wanted it to be right and because of the company I work for i don't have a lot of money so to copy the packet was too much.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Usagicha said:

Actually I haven't got a copy of the actual forms which is my own fault I have copies of our evidence of relationship but I was very nervous filing everything because I wanted it to be right and because of the company I work for i don't have a lot of money so to copy the packet was too much.

I understand completely. 

Either way it wont be a huge issue because once you have a green card you no longer need your ead

I would just mention this at the interview stage. it should be fine. 

On 1/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, JJBUI3 said:

No. I’m still waiting for the letter USPS don’t work today for the Martin Luther king jr day I hope tomorrow I will get the letter 

Did you get it yet?? what did it say??

9 minutes ago, Lullaby123 said:

Hi, I didn't see a thread for Jan 2018. I sent the mail on Jan 9, USCIS received it on Jan 10 and the checks haven't been cashed yet. Is that normal? I prepared the forms myself, so I'm not positive if everything was good enough...

Hi, you can always create a new thread if you didn't see one.

Yes, that's normal, I waited ~8 days (5 business days) to receive text and e-mail notifications. Some people has wait longer, so it's still normal.

Spoiler

Aug 2011 - Arrived on F1 visa

09/06/2015 Started exchanging messages

10/13/2015 We met in person

07/01/2017 We got engaged!

10/31/2017 We got married!

11/08/2017 AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

(Priority Mail - USPS autocorrected zipcode to 60680-4187)

11/12/2017 Package delivered (Delayed due to USPS mistakenly took it to 60624 and Veteran's Day) 

11/13/2017 Received Date (Priority Date)

11/21/2017 Received 4 e-mails & 4 text notifications (01:30 AM EST); checks cashed

11/28/2017 Received 4 NOA1 hard copies

12/09/2017 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (for i-485 and i-765)

12/21/2017 Biometrics Appointment

01/08/2018 **I-765 and I-131 Approved** (61 days)

01/16/2018 %%Received combo card%% (tracking shows USCIS sent it on Jan 11 from MO, then Jan 15 USPS closed for MLK day) 

01/20/2018 Received approval letters for EAD and AP

09/20/2018 Received text 'Interview was scheduled' and interview notice will be mailed

09/27/2018 Received Interview notice by mail

10/25/2018 Interview day

10/26/2018 I-485 case status updated to "We ordered your new card"

10/29/2018 Case Status updated to "We approved your Form I-485"

10/31/2018 Case Status updated to "We mailed your new card"

11/01/2018 My card was picked up by the USPS with tracking number assigned

11/05/2018 Green Card Received 

Side note: I turned my maiden name into second middle name. In the combo card, my given name is First Firstmiddleinitial, however on the back of the card, they attempted to list my second middle name. 

My application package:

Interview Experience:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.