corgietete

Rfe for ITR

63 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I've never even heard the phrase ITR until this thread... I just call it a tax return. 

Anyhow. 

No you don't need to send the money order!  She just needs to send the 2016 amended tax return. That's it. 

Sorry. Itr = income tax return. Will there be an issue with the uscis if it shows that her amended tax return shows that she owes money to irs? 

Edited by corgietete

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, corgietete said:

What document will serve as a proof that the amended return was filed? Do I need to include a letter?

4 minutes ago, corgietete said:

Sorry. Itr = income tax return. Will there be an issue with the uscis if it shows that her amended tax return shows that she owes money to irs? 

they don't' care.  Lots of people owe money every time they file.  She's not in severe arrears and she's paying it, so it's not an issue. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

they don't' care.  Lots of people owe money every time they file.  She's not in severe arrears and she's paying it, so it's not an issue. 

Do I need to send a proof that her amended tax has been filed to irs? If yes, what will serve as a proof that is was filed? Sorry for asking too much. Im just worried right now, don’t want to get another rfe again. 😔😩

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

This assumess they filed a joint return in 2016.  His previous description said his wife's return.  So did the OP sign a  2016 joint return? If so, yeah that's not a good thing. 

He said he was listed as dependent, then said they filed married.  MFJ is the only combination that fits.  OP doesn't understand the tax system at all, no way he was in a position to be part of any of this.

corgietete:  Check the return and see what the filing status is.  Is it married filing jointly, married filing separately?  Because dude really based on the dates the tax return isn't your responsibility it's your wife's.  If it's married filing jointly then you're supposed to electronically or physically sign it.  Did you?  Or did she sign it for you?

8 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

He said he was listed as dependent, then said they filed married.  MFJ is the only combination that fits.  OP doesn't understand the tax system at all, no way he was in a position to be part of any of this.

corgietete:  Check the return and see what the filing status is.  Is it married filing jointly, married filing separately?  Because dude really based on the dates the tax return isn't your responsibility it's your wife's.  If it's married filing jointly then you're supposed to electronically or physically sign it.  Did you?  Or did she sign it for you?

The filing status on her return was married filing jointly. Yes I physically signed it, I was there when she filed her tax return. But since the previous threads said that she needs to make an amendment because she should have filed single in her file status, she went ahead and made an amendment. Now her amended tax return says single as her filing status.

(Background: we got married 2017, original tax return 2016 filing status was MFJ. But since we got married 2017, she should’ve filed single as her filing status. So as suggested, she needed to make an amendment return which is to make her filing status single) 

Edited by corgietete

35 minutes ago, corgietete said:

Do I need to send a proof that her amended tax has been filed to irs? If yes, what will serve as a proof that is was filed? Sorry for asking too much. Im just worried right now, don’t want to get another rfe again. 😔😩

You can bring the tax return transcript to interview.  But otherwise an entire tax return including w2, all schedules, etc, or a tax return transcript is acceptable. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

You can bring the tax return transcript to interview.  But otherwise an entire tax return including w2, all schedules, etc, or a tax return transcript is acceptable. 

Interview? We did not get any interview dates yet. We are still working on this RFE for my AOS.  If uscis will next ask for the amended tax return transcript then i won’t be able to provide that. Isnt it that it takes 6-8 weeks for irs to process the amended tax return? My wife just sent the amended tax return to irs today. 

So in response to this rfe, i just need to send them the amended tax return and w2? No need to include the corrected tax return?93A295DD-B44F-4352-9489-CE2574E9BB33.thumb.jpeg.398444b822b3fec01fed844cebfa757b.jpeg

WHEN you get an interview you can take that other item.

1040x will replace the 1040 that your wife originally filed as I understand it.  

10 minutes ago, NikLR said:

WHEN you get an interview you can take that other item.

1040x will replace the 1040 that your wife originally filed as I understand it.  

Please check my cover letter:

Dear Sir/Madam:

In response to you “Request for Evidence”, please find the following documents enclosed herewith:

1. A copy of federal income tax return for tax year 2016 (Form 1040X and any W2s)
My wife recently filed an amendment of her federal income tax return for 2016 to Internal Revenue Service because of an error filing status as “Married” instead of “Single” when she filed her tax return last March 13, 2017, it was because of the thought that we got married January 10, 2017. It was an honest mistake and an oversight on that part. 

2. A completed and sealed medical examination, Form I-693, and Supplement A (vaccinations) from an approved USCIS Civil Surgeon.

3. Copies of documents that will support my application for permanent residence which were filed based on our marriage. Documents we are submitting include:

A. Copy of Florida DMV issued drivers license
B. Copy of joint rental lease
C. Copy of car insurance policy
D. Copy of health insurance coverage
E. Copy of life insurance coverage
F. Copy of letter confirming beneficiary designation 
G. Copy of joint ownership for Wells Fargo savings/checking account
H. Copy of most recent joint Wells Fargo bank statement 
I. Copy of Wells Fargo debit card
J. Copy of letter confirming as an authorized user for Capital One credit card
K. Copy of Capital One credit card
L. Copies of plane boarding passes and theme park tickets taken together 
M. Pictures

Looks just fine. 

However I would include ALL bank statements from the joint account. 

Edited by NikLR

3 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Looks just fine. 

However I would include ALL bank statements from the joint account. 

I was just recently added on her bank account so its only showing both our names on her latest bank statement which is for the month of November. 😔 Should I just remove that then? Any other suggestions? It sounds like my cover letter is not enough the way you replied 😩😭

Timeline
12 hours ago, corgietete said:

The filing status on her return was married filing jointly. Yes I physically signed it, I was there when she filed her tax return. But since the previous threads said that she needs to make an amendment because she should have filed single in her file status, she went ahead and made an amendment. Now her amended tax return says single as her filing status.

(Background: we got married 2017, original tax return 2016 filing status was MFJ. But since we got married 2017, she should’ve filed single as her filing status. So as suggested, she needed to make an amendment return which is to make her filing status single) 

File it, then send a copy of it in with all of the attachments (W2's etc)

It's up to you to send in the fraudulent one.  I wouldn't.

Timeline
1 hour ago, corgietete said:

Please check my cover letter:

Dear Sir/Madam:

In response to you “Request for Evidence”, please find the following documents enclosed herewith:

1. A copy of federal income tax return for tax year 2016 (Form 1040X and any W2s)
My wife recently filed an amendment of her federal income tax return for 2016 to Internal Revenue Service because of an error filing status as “Married” instead of “Single” when she filed her tax return last March 13, 2017, it was because of the thought that we got married January 10, 2017. It was an honest mistake and an oversight on that part. 

2. A completed and sealed medical examination, Form I-693, and Supplement A (vaccinations) from an approved USCIS Civil Surgeon.

3. Copies of documents that will support my application for permanent residence which were filed based on our marriage. Documents we are submitting include:

A. Copy of Florida DMV issued drivers license
B. Copy of joint rental lease
C. Copy of car insurance policy
D. Copy of health insurance coverage
E. Copy of life insurance coverage
F. Copy of letter confirming beneficiary designation 
G. Copy of joint ownership for Wells Fargo savings/checking account
H. Copy of most recent joint Wells Fargo bank statement 
I. Copy of Wells Fargo debit card
J. Copy of letter confirming as an authorized user for Capital One credit card
K. Copy of Capital One credit card
L. Copies of plane boarding passes and theme park tickets taken together 
M. Pictures

Told you in that other thread I wouldn't advise sending in that fraudulent return.  It was one thing when you said you were a dependent.  Apology probably accepted.   It became a completely different issue if you signed a married filing jointly return. 

MODS:  MERGE THESE THREADS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please do not start more then one thread for the same or related topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.