dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2018

696 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My interview was in Cairo-Egypt last Tuesday December 3 and the counselor gave me the congratulation letter and told me that I can get my visa after 2 weeks.

It's now 8 days and my visa status still ready (for interview). Is it normal after 8 days? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Babylo said:

anyone in nigeria have issues registering for visa/passport pickup? Website not coming up for me. Or can you please post what website you used for registration? 

Am having same issues too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, Laura2017 said:

My husband had his interview on Nov. 27th. He was approved and he is still waiting for his passport. They did tell him it would take 1-2 weeks. 

He has gone to the place he has to pick it up and they said it take 3-10 business days. His status still says ready. 

We also heard  it take a 2-3 days but that didn't happen to us. 

It is stressing because he is paying for food and a place to stay. We didn't expect him to stay that long. 

He is in CJ. I will keep you updated when we hear something. I hope It is soon. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since he left. 

Hi, hows it going for your husband in Juarez. Have you guys had any good news?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nassar86 said:

My interview was in Cairo-Egypt last Tuesday December 3 and the counselor gave me the congratulation letter and told me that I can get my visa after 2 weeks.

It's now 8 days and my visa status still ready (for interview). Is it normal after 8 days? 

Not sure if it is normal but my husband is in the same situation. He had his interview last Monday. He had his interview in Mexico.

Our attorney has called the information number for the consulate and they say they have not received any updates from the consulate. They did email them yesterday asking for a update. They said it usually takes a day to get an answer back. 

I thought they might be backed up but my husband was staying with a couple who had their interview Friday and they got their passport yesterday. 

Our attorney says some time it is the officer who interviews you who takes their sweet time processing case. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Babylo said:

anyone in nigeria have issues registering for visa/passport pickup? Website not coming up for me. Or can you please post what website you used for registration? 

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

58 minutes ago, Aramide said:

Am having same issues too

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Hello all!!! I have a CC as of yesterday 12/5/2017, last waiting period for an interview and we will be done with this whole tedious process.

SD:7/24/2017

-received checklist on 9/7/2017, mailed document in

2nd SD: 9/19/2017

- called to check status 11/7/2017, was surprised with a new SD

3rd SD: 11/1/2017

- called again 11/8/2017 and asked for supervisor review (we did not mail in anything else since sept 19)

CC: 12/5/2017 (exactly 11 weeks from out 2nd scan date of  9/19/2017)

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for an appointment. Does anyone know what the average wait time is between CC and interview?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Laura2017 said:

Not sure if it is normal but my husband is in the same situation. He had his interview last Monday. He had his interview in Mexico.

Our attorney has called the information number for the consulate and they say they have not received any updates from the consulate. They did email them yesterday asking for a update. They said it usually takes a day to get an answer back. 

I thought they might be backed up but my husband was staying with a couple who had their interview Friday and they got their passport yesterday. 

Our attorney says some time it is the officer who interviews you who takes their sweet time processing case. 

Oh ok I see. Well good luck and hope everything gets resolved soon!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AlejandraArre said:

Oh ok I see. Well good luck and hope everything gets resolved soon!

Thanks! We were hoping to get an update today but my husband just went to the consulate and it was closed.

I guess we have to keep waiting. 

2 hours ago, Isa&Sam said:

Hello all!!! I have a CC as of yesterday 12/5/2017, last waiting period for an interview and we will be done with this whole tedious process.

SD:7/24/2017

-received checklist on 9/7/2017, mailed document in

2nd SD: 9/19/2017

- called to check status 11/7/2017, was surprised with a new SD

3rd SD: 11/1/2017

- called again 11/8/2017 and asked for supervisor review (we did not mail in anything else since sept 19)

CC: 12/5/2017 (exactly 11 weeks from out 2nd scan date of  9/19/2017)

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for an appointment. Does anyone know what the average wait time is between CC and interview?

We have been waiting for over 2 months to get an interview date in guatemala

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just wondering do i have to register for all my family memebers for location of passport drop after the interview in lagos, or for just me , my case is an eb3 case and my interview location is lagos nigeria , please any one with the ans

49 minutes ago, Hcaceres08 said:

We have been waiting for over 2 months to get an interview date in guatemala

oh no! I'm seeing that its about 6-8 weeks from CC to interview appointment. Have you called the embassy in Guatemala to see whats going on?

46 minutes ago, Isa&Sam said:

oh no! I'm seeing that its about 6-8 weeks from CC to interview appointment. Have you called the embassy in Guatemala to see whats going on?

I'm waiting for an interview appointment in Guatemala as well, CC Sept.25. I called the embassy last month to see what was going on and they said they don't have my info or case so they can't schedule it. The NVC doesn't send the case over until after the appointment is scheduled. They said that we just have to wait until they send available appointments over too NVC and NVC schedules us. I called NVC Monday and still nothing. 

52 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

I'm waiting for an interview appointment in Guatemala as well, CC Sept.25. I called the embassy last month to see what was going on and they said they don't have my info or case so they can't schedule it. The NVC doesn't send the case over until after the appointment is scheduled. They said that we just have to wait until they send available appointments over too NVC and NVC schedules us. I called NVC Monday and still nothing. 

hmmm seems like theyre giving the run around. Have you tried asking to speak to a supervisor? Because embassy says they haven't got the info and cant schedule you and the NVC says embassy hasn't scheduled appointment so they cant send anything? Ask to speak to a supervisor. That's insane!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.