nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, Amisharjil said:

Hello people we got approved on 25th Jan. We haven't heard form NVC. Should we call them and check with them?

I was approved on 1/17 on 2/1 my case was sent to DOS, I called yesterday they still don't have it, honestly I wouldn't call till its been closer to a month from your approval.

40 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I was approved on 1/17 on 2/1 my case was sent to DOS, I called yesterday they still don't have it, honestly I wouldn't call till its been closer to a month from your approval.

I just called NVC again. My case was received on January 31st (my status changed to sent to DoS on January 24th).  They said to call 2 weeks from receipt day for case number.

BTW, those with CEAC processing must choose that menu option when calling. Apparently they have 2 systems. The first time I called they checked one system n did not find my case. The nice person thought it was strange n checked the CEAC system n said it was there n asked me to call back n pressed 5 at the main menu.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aywang said:

I just called NVC again. My case was received on January 31st (my status changed to sent to DoS on January 24th).  They said to call 2 weeks from receipt day for case number.

BTW, those with CEAC processing must choose that menu option when calling. Apparently they have 2 systems. The first time I called they checked one system n did not find my case. The nice person thought it was strange n checked the CEAC system n said it was there n asked me to call back n pressed 5 at the main menu.

all the time I called there an no one told me that I really hate this process

Just now, Khallaf said:

all the time I called there an no one told me that I really hate this process

Applicable to certain consulates only. They recently added some consulates late last year (including mine)...so better check your code. 

21 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

how would I find that?

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

on here, for those who must submit using Method 1. The three letter codes refer to consulates.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, aywang said:

how does one tell what is what on that list?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks to almighty God I just finished talking to NVC about my case they told me that they recieved it yesterday,so I shld wait for 2weeks before I get my case number.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vetomo said:

Thanks to almighty God I just finished talking to NVC about my case they told me that they recieved it yesterday,so I shld wait for 2weeks before I get my case number.

How many days it took for nvc to  receive your case? 

42 minutes ago, Vetomo said:

My I-130 got approved on Feb 1st just same as yours so are you sure NVC already received your case?? Because my online status has not been posted " case been sent to department of state " just yet. I'm confusing. lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

My I-130 got approved on Feb 1st just same as yours so are you sure NVC already received your case?? Because my online status has not been posted " case been sent to department of state " just yet. I'm confusing. lol

I think the Hellbraska makes a decision on whos case gets sent to DOS when after approval, mine took over 2 weeks to finally be updated with "sent to department of state" actually 2 weeks and 1 day.

some people get their approvals and right away sent to DOS others get the approval letters in the mail, and wait a week to get updated as sent to DOS...I did find out even though the letter states sent to DOS it only goes once the system is updated with that phrase.

2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I think the Hellbraska makes a decision on whos case gets sent to DOS when after approval, mine took over 2 weeks to finally be updated with "sent to department of state" actually 2 weeks and 1 day.

some people get their approvals and right away sent to DOS others get the approval letters in the mail, and wait a week to get updated as sent to DOS...I did find out even though the letter states sent to DOS it only goes once the system is updated with that phrase.

wow I see... Thank you so much for the info! So I would expect the same with yours -_-

Timeline
1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

wow I see... Thank you so much for the info! So I would expect the same with yours -_-

until the USCIS app states sent to department of state hellbraska gets to pull at our nerves a little longer 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.