prince1364

I-134, letter from the bank and current amount in the bank account

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I am the USC and my case is very close to NOA 2. However, I have to take a trip to another country for few weeks and I was wondering if I can get the letter from my bank stating the date it opened, current amount in the bank and etc. . I know it might take up to a month for the case to be received and processed by the NVC, and it might take couple months or so for the interview to be scheduled. 

Now, I wanna know if it is ok to have my paperwork (letter from the bank, letter from my employer, I-134 and ...) ready, and hand it over to my fiance' (the beneficiary) when I meet her in few days on my trip, so she can take them to the interview with her. I am obviously not going to have any sort of income in this period since I will be out of the country, however, I have some car and other payments that will be taken out of my account, so the actual and exact amount might be few hundred dollars less than what it will show on my bank letter.

Will it be a problem at the time of the interview?  Is it going to be considered as fraud? 

any ideas? 

6 minutes ago, kris&me said:

why not go to IRS and get transcript from them for the last year's taxes (last 3 years would be best)

take that with you

I already have prepared my 2016 tax returnes with copies of my w2 and 1099 forms. Im trying to gather every possible document that might help to show i can support my fiance.

7 minutes ago, kris&me said:

Has to be IRS transcript not your copy

Wow! My attorney told me that it can be a copy of my tax return that the tax agent gave me after filing my tax!

I am now both confused and scared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, prince1364 said:

I already have prepared my 2016 tax returnes with copies of my w2 and 1099 forms. Im trying to gather every possible document that might help to show i can support my fiance.

If you're gainfully employed, and your annual income is high enough, you don't need bank statements and the like. Obviously every embassy is different, but many don't give much attention or concern to the I-134 and related documents. It's more of an issue for the adjustment of status for the green card later (and the related I-864). 

2 minutes ago, prince1364 said:

Wow! My attorney told me that it can be a copy of my tax return that the tax agent gave me after filing my tax!

I am now both confused and scared!

Well the good news is a tax transcript is free and easy to get from the IRS. You also have plenty of time to get it by the sound of it. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

1 minute ago, usmsbow said:

If you're gainfully employed, and your annual income is high enough, you don't need bank statements and the like. Obviously every embassy is different, but many don't give much attention or concern to the I-134 and related documents. It's more of an issue for the adjustment of status for the green card later (and the related I-864). 

Well the good news is a tax transcript is free and easy to get from the IRS. You also have plenty of time to get it by the sound of it. 

You are right. I do have time. My income was well over the poverty guidline. Like I said, just wanna be on the safe side.

Thanks for your information tho.

Im on the irs.gov website now to request the transcripts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.