irishgirl73

What is your dream job?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My dream job would be to work for National Geopraphic...Especially working with the wildlife, helping to protect and persurve habitat ....

crissy

AOS & EAD

Mailed Sept 20th 2005 ( EAD & AOS )

Chicago recieved packet Sept 22nd ( the day my I-94 expired )

Sept 29th 2005 NOA 1 ( AOS & EAD ) Recipet date Sept 27th

Oct 1st 2005 touched ( AOS & EAD )

Dec 12 th 2005 touched ( EAD)

Dec. 29th 2005 touched ( EAD)

Jan 27th 2006 inforpass Had Biomterics for EAD & AOS

Jan 27th 2006 EAD & AOS touched

Feb 3rd 2006 EAD Approved

Fed 6th 2006 recieved EAD

Feb 10th 2006 recieved interview letter for AOS

April 17th 2006 AOS Interview 12:30

April 17th 2006 AOS Approved

April 21st 2006 Received Welcome Letter

April 27th 2006 Greencard in my hands!!!!

Lifting of conditions April 2008...

Removal of Conditions

Feb 6th 2008 mailed packet off

Feb 14th check cashed Saw that it was transfered to Californa ( Mailed to Nebraska )

Feb 16th got reciept letter in the mail with one year extension Receipt date Feb 11 2008

Feb 28th recieved Boimetrics appoinment

March 10th Boimetrics at 12 noon

March 10th 2008 Touched

March 13th 2008 Touched

May 15th Recieved e-mail 10 year Card Ordered!!!!

Done for 10 years!! Have not decided if i will become a citizen lots of time to think about that...

May 21st 10 year greencard in my hands!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I saw this post earlier today and i just couldnt think of what my dream job would be.....so i figured that i wouldnt post because im just a really sad person with no dream.....

Then :idea: , it hit me. I would love to work for an NFL organization! I live for football (the offseason is tourture) So working for a football team would be the ultimate!

Yeah....im not a sad person with no dreams!

I aint cool enough for a signature.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm working my dream job.

I am a state preschool teacher. I LOVE IT. I love going to work in the morning, getting the classroom prepared, being with my awesome co workers, seeing the childrens smiles when they come in, watching their faces light up when they make something or write their name, watching them laugh so hard when I dress up or say something funny, taking them on trips, watch their faces as they eat something they are unsure of, I love it when they are sad and just want a big hug, when all I have to do is kiss their boo boo and all is okay.

I can go on forever about how much I love my job. I have been doing this for five years now ... and trust me something happens everyday when I say "this is why I love my job".

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

OK this is creepy.................not a minute after I posted this topic I got an e-mail from a company offering me a job. I had been offered the job a few months ago, but the money wasn't there. It is a much more creative position, not at all the boring work I am doing now. They are willing to match my salary(sadly no huge increase). I have to really think about taking it...................I will be going to Ireland for my man's interview, but I don't know the dates yet. How can I start a new job and explain that??????

This is crazy :blink:

Go for it!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a state preschool teacher. I LOVE IT. I love going to work in the morning, getting the classroom prepared, being with my awesome co workers, seeing the childrens smiles when they come in, watching their faces light up when they make something or write their name, watching them laugh so hard when I dress up or say something funny, taking them on trips, watch their faces as they eat something they are unsure of, I love it when they are sad and just want a big hug, when all I have to do is kiss their boo boo and all is okay.

I can go on forever about how much I love my job. I have been doing this for five years now ... and trust me something happens everyday when I say "this is why I love my job".

Is this in the middle East? Wish we had State Preschool's here in the US. I don't know about anywhere else in the US ,but the pay stinks in Arizona. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education.. I wish they told us in college after 15 years of work experience you will still only be making $10 an hour..... I know it could just be the center I am working for, but if I quit and go to another center I will probably only be making $8 max as a new employee, plus I know what garbage goes on at my center with politics in the upper management.

My dream job would be to own my own big house with a room for a preschool and take care of children at the house and maybe have a few of my own before the biological clock runs down...

But... I work 4 jobs and don't think a kid of my own would be good since I am taking care of one big kid now called The Husband.

Another dream job I would like to have is to be a travel documentary guide like Rick Steve's or Globe Trekker.

Another dream job would be to work as a personal trainer. I work at the YMCA once a week teaching body conditioning now, but would like to go into full time.

I would like to be working in the media arts too, but for now until this AOS is over I will be slaving to get a paycheck, maybe when Anton gets his EAD he will be able to work and I ease off the work and go back to school.

Thanks for listening to my rant,

Burnt out Moonlighting rather than moondancing

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

photographer, or used book store owner :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Is this in the middle East? Wish we had State Preschool's here in the US. I don't know about anywhere else in the US ,but the pay stinks in Arizona. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education.. I wish they told us in college after 15 years of work experience you will still only be making $10 an hour..... I know it could just be the center I am working for, but if I quit and go to another center I will probably only be making $8 max as a new employee, plus I know what garbage goes on at my center with politics in the upper management.

My dream job would be to own my own big house with a room for a preschool and take care of children at the house and maybe have a few of my own before the biological clock runs down...

But... I work 4 jobs and don't think a kid of my own would be good since I am taking care of one big kid now called The Husband.

Nope, this is in California. I have been working with the state preschools for a year and make $13 an hour. When I become site supervisor in couple of years (head teacher) I can make about $27 an hour. Most teachers do not teach for the money they teach for the love of children and to be able to touch their lives. Trust me if teachers were there for the money we would have no teachers.

I will graduate with my BS in Child Development in December and I will be making more. That's terrible to hear that.

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

591088.png

Timeline

I'M MOVING TO CALIF.!!!!!

What city?

Moondancer

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

In a perfect world, I'd be a full-time mommy and a freelance writer for Cosmo! What I would really, really love to do, though, if I ever got the money, would be to buy a big farm and start a rescue shelter for abused/neglected horses and dogs. I think that would be an amazing thing to get to do.

Liverpool/Norfolk and Indianapolis

========================================

* September 17, 2005 - I-129F mailed to Nebraska Service Center.

* September 19, 2005 - Packet rec'd by NSC- DAY 1

* September 22, 2005 - Check cashed! - DAY 3

* September 23, 2005 - NOA1 received - DAY 4

* October 19, 2005 - NOA2 e-mail! - DAY 30

* October 21, 2005 - Case sent to NVC - Day 32

* October 24, 2005 - Rec'd NOA2 via postal mail - Day 35

* November 3, 2005 - Rec'd letter stating case would be forwarded to London within a week - Day 45

* December 22, 2005 - Alan receives packet 3 - Day 94

* January 9, 2006 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy in London - Day 111

* January 10, 2006 - Packet 3 received by Embassy. Medical booked for January 20 - Day 112

* February 17, 2006 - Packet 4 Received. Interview Date - March 10, 2006! - Day 150

* March 10, 2006 - Interview Day - Visa Granted! Woo-Hoo!! - Day 171

Timeline

Moondancer ... it's any city. They are called "State Preschools". Kinda like head start ... but under the state.

591088.png

Timeline

Oh, Anton wants to move to Eureka or Temeccula....

I guess I need to get outta AZ, but I love the hiking here....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been teaching ballet for the last seven years. I'm not teaching this year because I was not sure if I could commit to a full school year with this visa application (didn't know how long it would take when we started our visa journey), plus I had lengthy visit to see my husband at the end of last year.

Anyway, I would love to own a dance studio :luv: (of course my husband will co-own it with me as he is probably a better business person than I am. I'll take care of the artistic decisions and he could take care of the business side). :)

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1