rdwall7

How to track your EAD Card without USCIS providing a tracking number

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

My EAD card recently went into production (90 days form application), and 3 days later was mailed to me according to the USCIS case status website. I'm the kind of person that likes to track packages so as soon as i saw that there was no way to track my incoming EAD card, i started looking for answers. NOw i know that after it is mailed, its like a week max until you see your ard in your mailbox but i wanted to know exactly where it was.

So i followed the directions from another immigration website and boom, i now have step by step tracking on my package (which should arrive tomorrow! 5 days from when it was shipped)

Here is how to do it:

1. Go to USPS.com (USCIS ships all cards through them.

2. Create an account. (Make sure to use the EXACT address that USCIS has on file for you)

3. Log into your new account and go to "Informed Delivery"  ( this is not available for every address but more than likely, you will be eligible)

4. Go through the steps to sign up for "informed delivery"

5. Once signed up, you can view your dashboard where there will be a tab for "packages"

6. If your EAD card is in USPS's possession, it will be listed there. You can track it all the way to your house!

This service from USPS basically shows you all mail and packages that have been addressed to you even if you don't know about them or did not receive any tracking number. That is why is it VERY IMPORTANT that you fill out your USPS account with the EXACT ADDRESS that USCIS has on file and is sending your card to!

Hope this helps some of you!

Ryan

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.