Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

My brother is on Conditional PR since 2 years.

Me(single) and my mom(widow)wants to visit him.

What documents should I need to apply for Visitor Visa?

My friend wants to sponsor me for Visitor Visa.

What to do and how to process it?

Thank you...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody can sponsor a tourist visa (despite the common myth that it's possible, especially common in India). You apply for the visa, bring/show ties to return home after your visit, and hope for the best. The only thing to lose is the $160 application fee. Good luck!






AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/17/18: Approved

?/?/?: Green card received





12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received



4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017



5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you and your mom want to visit your brother as a tourist in the USA then you will need to apply for a VISA to do so as you know.   All you need is to do is go to the USA embassy web-site and pay for the VISA application cost.  ( $160 USD each).  Once you've paid then you can fill up the DS-160 online and request an interview at the US embassy.   You do not need anything from your brother.  There is no way that a US citizen or PR can be a sponsor for a visa.   You and your mother have to have sufficient ties to India to show that you will not stay in the USA when you visit is over.  You and your mother each have to be prepared to provide significant ties back to India,   things like a job with a high salary, home or land ownership etc.   Honestly speaking I believe your chances are not very good.  But you can try and the only thing you have to lose is the $320 USD and the time / money spent attending and traveling to the interview.   Good Luck.   If your brother provides an invite letter or any information for this it will likely not be helpful and could potentially hurt your chances of approval.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.