Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys please I need help abt apply for  a friend I 400.he got his green card toward marriage us citizen,but bit they divorce and he got the divorce decree and he is eligible to apply,but our problem is did he need to send the copy of his marriage certificate and also proof of his ex wife citizenship?and also how much is the new fees.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

how long has he been a GC holder?


he has to be a resident for 5 years to apply for citizenship and he needs to only send a copy of his divorce decree, he isn't married anymore so no need of marriage certificate


citizenship isn't based on marriage, but by being a GC holder for 5 years or more



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's currently $725. The time is anywhere from 4-9 months - it all depends on which local office he is applying to.

As he is not applying for naturalization through marriage, he does not need to include anything indicating her citizenship status but all applicants must submit the divorce decree. If he didn't retain a copy, he can ask the court or his/her lawyer for a copy - they will charge some fee.


Feel free to read more about the N400 process here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/naturalization_guide 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.