14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello,

My husband who is a USC, wants to petition his sister (who is married and with a 1 year old child). What are the forms that need to be submitted. This is what we think we should send:

- I-130 petition form

- $420 check

- USC birth certificate

- USC naturalization form

- Sister's birth certificate

- Sister's marriage certificate

- Sister's son birth certificate

Questions?

Are passports copies for all sister, her husband and baby need to included?

Is I-130 form stating that she has a child is enough to include the child in the F4 visa petition?

What about her husband?- I don't see anywhere in the I-130 form where we have to enter information about her husband

I am concern that we send the package and her husband and child would not be consider for the F4 visa.

Please help us!

M

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is a long wait for an f4 visa ,, 15 years or so . What needs to be included with the petition is proof the USC is a USC and proof the other person is a sibling.  In 15 years you fill out what children exist and what the husband of that time is.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

as said, no need for all of that,

the i130 only, which costs $535, the cost went up, always check and download the form from the USCiS website

and he will only need, proof of citizenship and copy of both birth certificates, if they aren't in English, they need to be translated and attached to the copy in their language

that's it, for now . the i130 is to establish relationship between the siblings, there is a sector in the form where it's required to list spouses and children's name of the beneficiary. that's how they will be included in the petition, just the names, no documents needed for the family with the i130

all the families civil documents will be needed in over 12 years, it can take 13 or 14 years of waiting, maybe more.

who knows really the amount of waiting they will need in over a decade

and who will be coming with his sister

Edited by aleful

• 7 months later...
Timeline

You are just filing for the sibling so one fee right now , in 15 years or so you pay fees based on who many children exist at that time and any spouse at that time.

Just now, NigeriaorBust said:

You are just filing for the sibling so one fee right now , in 15 years or so you pay fees based on who many children exist at that time and any spouse at that time.

Hi,

But i will add derivative beneficiaries (His spouse and 2 kids) also in I-130. So i dont need to pay anything extra besides $535 right?

Timeline

Right you are petitioning him.  When the date is current you will correct in necessary the derivative beneficiaries and pay based on that ( they may have more kids or the ones he has may be aged out )

Just now, NigeriaorBust said:

Right you are petitioning him.  When the date is current you will correct in necessary the derivative beneficiaries and pay based on that ( they may have more kids or the ones he has may be aged out )

Thanks. What will happen if any of the kid aged out. Will the kid not able to get Gren Card? What is CSPA?

Timeline

if they are aged out they will not come with him.  Depending on the laws at that time they may not have a path to come.   CPSA protect people from aging out for the period of time equal to the time between the receipt of the petition and the approval of the petition ( not the visa ) 

1 minute ago, NigeriaorBust said:

if they are aged out they will not come with him.  Depending on the laws at that time they may not have a path to come.   CPSA protect people from aging out for the period of time equal to the time between the receipt of the petition and the approval of the petition ( not the visa ) 

Sorry for asking too many questions. My Niece is 10 years old and we want to file for F4 visa for my brother. Can you please explain me more about CSPA.  

Is it a form or something else which will go with I-130 to protect the children from aging out?

Filed: Timeline
20 minutes ago, JAtlanta said:

Sorry for asking too many questions. My Niece is 10 years old and we want to file for F4 visa for my brother. Can you please explain me more about CSPA.  

Is it a form or something else which will go with I-130 to protect the children from aging out?

There is no form.  Nothing can be done until the PD becomes current in about 15 years.

1.  There are two parts:  1) approval of I-130, and 2) waiting for a visa to become available.

2.  There is no way to control or time approval of the I-130.

3.  Under CSPA, the wait time for approval of the I-130 is not counted against the kids.

4.  The overall wait for an available visa is about 15 years.

5.  So, if it takes 10 years to approve the I-130, then your niece gets an extra 10 years added to age 21 before she ages out.  Under this scenario, your niece's real age in 15 years will be 25.  Her CSPA age would be 25 (real age) - 10 (time for I-130 approval) = CSPA age of 15.

6.  If it takes 1 year, then she only gets an extra year.  Her CSPA age would be 25 - 1 = 24.

7.  There is nothing you can do.  CSPA is automatic and there's no way to control when USCIS will approve the I-130.

3 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

There is no form.  Nothing can be done until the PD becomes current in about 15 years.

1.  There are two parts:  1) approval of I-130, and 2) waiting for a visa to become available.

2.  There is no way to control or time approval of the I-130.

3.  Under CSPA, the wait time for approval of the I-130 is not counted against the kids.

4.  The overall wait for an available visa is about 15 years.

5.  So, if it takes 10 years to approve the I-130, then your niece gets an extra 10 years added to age 21 before she ages out.  Under this scenario, your niece's real age in 15 years will be 25.  Her CSPA age would be 25 (real age) - 10 (time for I-130 approval) = CSPA age of 15.

6.  If it takes 1 year, then she only gets an extra year.  Her CSPA age would be 25 - 1 = 24.

7.  There is nothing you can do.  CSPA is automatic and there's no way to control when USCIS will approve the I-130.

Thank you so much. As per my understanding, i do not have to do with CSPA at this point right.

Also is there any link which gives step by step instruction to file I-130 for sibling alongwith list of required documents.

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, JAtlanta said:

Thank you so much. As per my understanding, i do not have to do with CSPA at this point right.

Also is there any link which gives step by step instruction to file I-130 for sibling alongwith list of required documents.

There is nothing to do about CSPA until the PD for your SIL becomes current in about 15 years.

Google USCIS for the I-130 form and instructions.  Follow the Guides on VJ. 

Edited by Jojo92122

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.