Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

AOA everyone, i hope everyone are doing well. I have not heard anything from embassy yet. My parents case has been in AP since June 14 2017, and now my parents don't even want to come here anymore..😥

Wsalam.. That's really sad, can't say you to not lose hope.. This is too much.. 😞😞

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

AOA everyone, i hope everyone are doing well. I have not heard anything from embassy yet. My parents case has been in AP since June 14 2017, and now my parents don't even want to come here anymore..😥

Wssalaam.That's Really Sad..Only can say just be Strong..and Leave on Allah..He Knows whats best for you and for your Parents..

On 9/26/2018 at 11:02 AM, Zaib212 said:

Zaib I can completely understand the pain you and your parents are going through. My husband's case has been stuck in AP since June 15th and in total it's been 2 years and 6 months since the case started. There are no words that can ease the pain but we can't lose hope. There is great power in prayers and we must continue to bow-down to Allah and keep asking him for help. InshaAllah the day will come very soon when our cases are "issued" and we'll be reunited with our loved ones. You must keep encouraging your parents to stay strong and think that there must be someone out there who has been waiting much longer for their visa to be issued. Best of luck to you and your parents! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/30/2018 at 1:51 AM, Rosepetal3333 said:

Has anyone tried to send inquiry at Islamabad embassy through fax or mail? Instead of email inquiry. 

Yes i done fax but i dont have email id.can someone provide embassy email id?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

This is where you can submit an inquiry and they reply with an email

Thankx this is inquiry form.i know this but i need islamabad email id.if u have plz forward to me.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

They dont have an email ID. When I was talking about email, I meant this inquiry page. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok no problem

53 minutes ago, nimerlaw said:

I am an attorney and have filed over 55 successful mandamus cases, including cases against the embassy in Islamabad, and the consulates in Jerusalem and Ankara.  Writs of Mandamus are incredibly effective at ending administrative processing.  It is a misperception that filing a writ will force the embassy or consulate to deny you.  What it does ,9 times out of 10, is cause the embassy to expedite the administrative processing and approve the visa.  They will deny it if they have a good reason to, and if they were intending to deny it anyway, but filing the writ does not cause a denial.  If anyone would like to discuss this further I'm happy to provide more information on the process.  My email is jnimer@nimerlaw.com

How many months should one wait to file writs of mandamus. And that one case that was denied, what was the reason?

7 minutes ago, nimerlaw said:

It depends on the case and which embassy.  The last writ I filed against the Embassy in Islamabad was after 14 months of administrative processing.  It was for 4 teenage children of a USC.  All four of them were issued visas within 2 months of filing the writ.  

I have filed writs against other embassies anywhere between 12-18 months of admin processing.  I have filed for spouses and parents as well as children. The one that was denied was Iraqi and he had some national security issues that we knew about.  He had been pending for over 4 years and just wanted closure, but the denial was not a surprise.

But I heard that if background checks are not completed, the case gets denied. 

On 9/28/2018 at 5:30 PM, M.R123 said:

Zaib I can completely understand the pain you and your parents are going through. My husband's case has been stuck in AP since June 15th and in total it's been 2 years and 6 months since the case started. There are no words that can ease the pain but we can't lose hope. There is great power in prayers and we must continue to bow-down to Allah and keep asking him for help. InshaAllah the day will come very soon when our cases are "issued" and we'll be reunited with our loved ones. You must keep encouraging your parents to stay strong and think that there must be someone out there who has been waiting much longer for their visa to be issued. Best of luck to you and your parents! 

Hi M.R123 Any update on your case? I am close to 8 months now and still waiting.. can you please tell me when the embassy called you for your medical, was it from their embassy number with 051 code and not any random mobile number? Best of luck to you. 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:44 PM, S.S said:

Hi M.R123 Any update on your case? I am close to 8 months now and still waiting.. can you please tell me when the embassy called you for your medical, was it from their embassy number with 051 code and not any random mobile number? Best of luck to you. 

Hi S.S, I have had consistent updates in my case. I had inquired the embassy informing them that my husband’s 2nd medical will be expiring on the 26th of October and I received an email from the embassy asking for my husband to come to the embassy to re-administer his oath, new fingerprints and 3rd medical as his old ones have expired. I went with my husband to the embassy for the appointment and we had a very pleasant time. The embassy is brand new and it seems like they have new staff who are all very friendly and most of them are young. Overall our appointment went really well.

To answer your question about the 2nd medical, the embassy emailed myself and  my Senator’s case manager requesting for my husband to mail them his 2nd medical. We have never received any calls from the embassy for anything, they always contact us via email. 

Thank you and best of luck to you as well! 

2 hours ago, M.R123 said:

Hi S.S, I have had consistent updates in my case. I had inquired the embassy informing them that my husband’s 2nd medical will be expiring on the 26th of October and I received an email from the embassy asking for my husband to come to the embassy to re-administer his oath, new fingerprints and 3rd medical as his old ones have expired. I went with my husband to the embassy for the appointment and we had a very pleasant time. The embassy is brand new and it seems like they have new staff who are all very friendly and most of them are young. Overall our appointment went really well.

To answer your question about the 2nd medical, the embassy emailed myself and  my Senator’s case manager requesting for my husband to mail them his 2nd medical. We have never received any calls from the embassy for anything, they always contact us via email. 

Thank you and best of luck to you as well! 

Hi M.R123, Its good that the embassy is brand new but thats not helping us. We all

are waiting for so long and now i dont see visa issuance for the past 3-4 months.. Did you ask them about your visa issuance and how long will it take after your 3rd Medical?  If they are friendly they could tell you about that, its high time now.. hope to hear some good news.. 👍🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.