Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Hello,

Its now 7th month and still my case in under administrative process. Please tell me who have submitted  DS5535 additional information questionnaire.. Did any one contact the congressman after that? Did it help? I dont see any visa issuance news from Islamabad embassy. I dont know should i contact or still wait.

1 minute ago, S.S said:

Hello,

Its now 7th month and still my case in under administrative process. Please tell me who have submitted  DS5535 additional information questionnaire.. Did any one contact the congressman after that? Did it help? I dont see any visa issuance news from Islamabad embassy. I dont know should i contact or still wait.

Yes.. It's me who is in Ap since last seven months with ds5535 filled on same interview day.. Contacted with congressman too but useless.. Just waiting and waiting.. 

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Yes.. It's me who is in Ap since last seven months with ds5535 filled on same interview day.. Contacted with congressman too but useless.. Just waiting and waiting.. 

After contacting the congressman did you see more updates like the embassy is working on your case and looking at your file? I have no updates. just once or twice when i submitted the form and now only when i sent any query to the embassy.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/6/2018 at 2:02 PM, Munazza said:

Same here.. 

With the Grace Of Allah my 2 younger brothers got their passports.

In few days they r flying... can someone tell me what kind of questions at airport (POE) officers ask normally? How long they take to clear for exit?

plz share ur experiances.

best wishes to All who r waiting...

thankx

4 hours ago, numlian said:

In few days they r flying... can someone tell me what kind of questions at airport (POE) officers ask normally? How long they take to clear for exit?

thankx

Congrats.. At least we heard some good news.. Nothing special are to be asked at Port of entry.. So don't worry.. Please do share the journey of your brother's visas so that we can estimate the time although every case is different. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Congrats.. At least we heard some good news.. Nothing special are to be asked at Port of entry.. So don't worry.. Please do share the journey of your brother's visas so that we can estimate the time although every case is different. 

Thankx for reply.... its really great us too... we did wait alot ... interview was in back Dec 2015...really every case is different.... one of my another brother is still waiting for visa...

plz tell me what kind of questions Officer normally ask?

2ndly tell me how long normally passenger has to wait in waiting area to complete process?

thankx

Just now, numlian said:

Thankx for reply.... its really great us too... we did wait alot ... interview was in back Dec 2015...really every case is different.... one of my another brother is still waiting for visa...

plz tell me what kind of questions Officer normally ask?

2ndly tell me how long normally passenger has to wait in waiting area to complete process?

thankx

It was very easy with my sister and brother in law.. They asked only for visa packet and to whom you are going.. They were in business class so treated as vip.. Their luggage also came fast and with no time they were out of the airport as compared the other passengers. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Munazza said:

It was very easy with my sister and brother in law.. They asked only for visa packet and to whom you are going.. They were in business class so treated as vip.. Their luggage also came fast and with no time they were out of the airport as compared the other passengers. 

Hmmm

On 9/8/2018 at 5:40 PM, numlian said:

thankx

Congratulations but they took too long to get the visa issued.

Timeline
4 hours ago, S.S said:

4 hours ago, S.S said:

Thankx... Yes they took too much.... but when my brothers send me visa pics... i forget my all affects,pains & hard time.... 

Wait was rewarded 

Hello Everybody I had my J-2 visa interview on 6th September 9.30 am . I was quite afraid because they were rejecting people left and right. I had all the documents but they didn't bother seeing any document. I have a previous J-2 Visa refusal . This time my interview went really well and they gave me a white slip and requested that I reply to their email about additional info . Their email hasn't come yet . Also They have kept my passport , signed and stamped my DS-2019 form and the VO told me not to forget it in Pakistan when I fly into US. Are these good signs ?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/8/2018 at 8:40 AM, numlian said:

thankx

Congrat.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Zaib212 said:

Congrat.

Thankx zaib. Can u tell me whats the process at POE (newyork) & how long normally officer take to stamp (waiting time)?

One of my sister had interview on 14 February 2018, she was asked new joint sponsor which she submitted in the end of last month and she got this email yesterday.. My question is why ds260 asked again and should she go to redo medical or wait from the schedules date from embassy for oath and fingerprints?? 

Dear Applicant, 

We have recently reviewed your immigrant visa case.  To move forward, please provide us with the following:

·        Updated medical examination reports from an Embassy-approved physician (These typically expire after 6 months.  For more information, see travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html.)

Once the DS-260 is submitted, please send us a confirmation email at pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/.  We will then schedule you for an oath and fingerprints.  You may bring your medical report and visa photos at such time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.