Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Munazza said:

A quick update

My sister had interview on 14th March 2018 and she got 221g checked with new joint sponsor.. She mailed twice to embassy but got same reply that you need to submit new joint sponsor. Her last update on ceas was on 4th June which was itself and she kept checking meanwhile but couldn't arrange new joint sponsor.. Today on 16th July ceas shows her visa issued.... 🙂 Quite a strange thing.. Hy na 

IMG_20180716_174912.jpg

Buhat buhat mubarak ho...

1 hour ago, silverhawk said:

mubarak kiya keray balke, mubarak ho, mubarak ho, mubarak ho...

bas mithae matt bhool jana :rolleyes:

Insha Allah.. Bs mera issue hu Jaye.. Meetha e meetha.. Acha I need to know one thing that sister, s medical will expire in August so should she redo the medical if she travels after this or she can travel with expired medical? 

16 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Insha Allah.. Bs mera issue hu Jaye.. Meetha e meetha.. Acha I need to know one thing that sister, s medical will expire in August so should she redo the medical if she travels after this or she can travel with expired medical? 

in my humble opinion NO, they have to quickly plan travel and move out of pakistan because the moment your medical expires everything thing expires as well, also they may not be accepted at USA. better hurry up, bells are already ringing, countdown began, make it quickly, please.

one of our relatives was in same situation, so no point to wait.

40 minutes ago, silverhawk said:

in my humble opinion NO, they have to quickly plan travel and move out of pakistan because the moment your medical expires everything thing expires as well, also they may not be accepted at USA. better hurry up, bells are already ringing, countdown began, make it quickly, please.

one of our relatives was in same situation, so no point to wait.

What happened to your relative? 

On 7/16/2018 at 5:50 PM, Munazza said:

A quick update

My sister had interview on 14th March 2018 and she got 221g checked with new joint sponsor.. She mailed twice to embassy but got same reply that you need to submit new joint sponsor. Her last update on ceas was on 4th June which was itself and she kept checking meanwhile but couldn't arrange new joint sponsor.. Today on 16th July ceas shows her visa issued.... 🙂 Quite a strange thing.. Hy na 

IMG_20180716_174912.jpg

Many congratulations. I am not sure but i think she should travel as soon as possible before Sep because if you redo the medical it will take more time or administrative process. Did your sister get DS5535 or just 221g because of joint sponser?

14 minutes ago, S.S said:

Many congratulations. I am not sure but i think she should travel as soon as possible before Sep because if you redo the medical it will take more time or administrative process. Did your sister get DS5535 or just 221g because of joint sponser?

Thanks.. She got only 221g marked with joint sponsor what she couldn't arrange. Someone on VJ told that it will create problem in entering US or at the time of naturalization interview because the A file will be opened at that time. 

Edited by Munazza

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Thanks.. She got only 221g marked with joint sponsor what she couldn't arrange. Someone on VJ told that it will create problem in entering US or at the time of naturalization interview because the A file will be opened at that time. 

imho, joint sponsor is not a big deal until family is not applying for government support throughout stay in USA before successfully naturalized. but it is always good to double check with lawyer then sponsor so that they can guide and steer in right direction. all the best for 'em. let them celebrate and throw party meanwhile you can confirm (silently with sponsor and lawyer) then tell them straight. ^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/24/2018 at 12:05 PM, ZKSR said:

Mechatronics

Hello,

I have petitioned for my wife’s CR1/IR1 Visa. It took almost a year time for our I-130 to be approved no RFE at that time too our case was in additional review that was informed to us by USCIS. Finally after approval we had our interview in march 2018 after a long wait of almost a year and half since we filed I-130 petition. I was present at the interview with my wife and the interview went well. The CO was pleasant, we even cracked a couple of jokes. But in the end they gave us a 221g form saying administrative processing our file is incomplete and did not ask us any more document. The CO did not give us any information as to why the AP. Told us he will work on it as soon as possible. We were stuck in AP status for 3 months our case status date kept getting updated, it changed to ready end of June and then we received a vague email saying document returned with passport. Our passport was with us so it was confusing, we contacted embassy who asked my wife to come and collect some documents waiting at dropbox. She collected the packet which contained another 221 g letter stating that her file is incomplete and to submit her passport along with a new police clearance certificate PCC. We obtained the new PCC and she submitted passport and new PCC about 2weeks ago. Since then our case status still shows READY there has been last case updates date changes for a couple of times last on 6th July but since nothing else no news at all. When I wrote to support they mention my case is still in AP. It’s very confusing. Please can someone shed any light on this. What’s going on ? What does this mean? This is driving us crazy...I will appreciate any help  thanks 

16 hours ago, arrhythmia said:

Hello,

I have petitioned for my wife’s CR1/IR1 Visa. It took almost a year time for our I-130 to be approved no RFE at that time too our case was in additional review that was informed to us by USCIS. Finally after approval we had our interview in march 2018 after a long wait of almost a year and half since we filed I-130 petition. I was present at the interview with my wife and the interview went well. The CO was pleasant, we even cracked a couple of jokes. But in the end they gave us a 221g form saying administrative processing our file is incomplete and did not ask us any more document. The CO did not give us any information as to why the AP. Told us he will work on it as soon as possible. We were stuck in AP status for 3 months our case status date kept getting updated, it changed to ready end of June and then we received a vague email saying document returned with passport. Our passport was with us so it was confusing, we contacted embassy who asked my wife to come and collect some documents waiting at dropbox. She collected the packet which contained another 221 g letter stating that her file is incomplete and to submit her passport along with a new police clearance certificate PCC. We obtained the new PCC and she submitted passport and new PCC about 2weeks ago. Since then our case status still shows READY there has been last case updates date changes for a couple of times last on 6th July but since nothing else no news at all. When I wrote to support they mention my case is still in AP. It’s very confusing. Please can someone shed any light on this. What’s going on ? What does this mean? This is driving us crazy...I will appreciate any help  thanks 

have patience and faith in DHS systems, they are also humans so mistakes can happen at times, so after submission of new documents they at least need 60 days (by book) to re-evaluate everything in context. by the way as per your note, you seems to be an indian, so country to country criteria might be different along with dealing individual case. all the best and nothing much anyone (including applicant can do) except to pray and being hopeful. good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.