Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, atif89 said:

Hi Everyone - I need your help. My wife had her CR1 interview on Feb 7th., 2020. At the end of the interview, the CO approved her visa and advised her that she'll be getting her passports within 2 weeks. Since then, the case status is stuck to 'Ready' and case update dates have been updated. On Feb 18th,ย  Immigration Visa Unit from the embassy emailed us with the following questions:

ย 

Dear Applicant/Petitioner,

ย 

We have recently reviewed your immigrant visa case. To move forward, please provide us with the following:

ย 

• Did applicant ever apply for a US visa in the past?
  • Has applicant ever changed her name?
  • Original previous passports.

ย 

Once submitted, please send us a confirmation email atย https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/.

ย 

Sincerely,

ย 

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy, Islamabad

UA

ย 

ย 

My questions are:

1. ย Why embassy is asking about it when her visa was approved by the Interview Officer?
  2. We have already submitted the explanation and her old passport via the courier? How can we contact US Embassy Islamabad and ask for an update since it has more than 3 weeks since her visa approval? We sent the old passport via the courier server. Her last case update was of Feb 26th, 2020 but the case still shows as 'Ready' status

ย 

Note: The reason why her passport was changed because she had FNU on her case since in the passport Surname field was Blank. We askedย NVCย to remove FNU from her name by providing them the new passport

ย 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

ย 

This is a positive sign they might need the information for issuance of visa.Its normal to not get visa after being approved in interview.Just pray that they issue visa as soon as possible.

35 minutes ago, Ehsan2003 said:

This is a positive sign they might need the information for issuance of visa.Its normal to not get visa after being approved in interview.Just pray that they issue visa as soon as possible.

On the 221g form, is it okay to have a check mark on the first option which is basically requiring additional document?

On 2/26/2020 at 12:15 PM, Chaudary said:

F41, uploaded on CEAC and emailed soft copy.ย 

I have same as your case. My Case is alsoย F41 had interview on 5th august 2019 and was asked for IRS tax transcript that i uploadedย on 20th august 2019. on 1st November my case status changed from denied status toย toย ย Admin processingย then after two months of AP i made inquiry , no response and I went for 2nd inquiry after two weeks.On 2nd inquiry they emailed me to upload proof of relationship between me and my petitioner that i uploaded on 26 February 2020. Yesterday my case last date changed but still in AP.

If you have not gone for inquiry so for, then go for inquiry.ย ย on below link.

ย 

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, F.A Khan said:

I have same as your case. My Case is alsoย F41 had interview on 5th august 2019 and was asked for IRS tax transcript that i uploadedย on 20th august 2019. on 1st November my case status changed from denied status toย toย ย Admin processingย then after two months of AP i made inquiry , no response and I went for 2nd inquiry after two weeks.On 2nd inquiry they emailed me to upload proof of relationship between me and my petitioner that i uploaded on 26 February 2020. Yesterday my case last date changed but still in AP.

If you have not gone for inquiry so for, then go for inquiry.ย ย on below link.

ย 

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

yes, we had interveiw on the same date, my last case was updatd on 24 Feb, they clearly mentioned to ask for inquiry if case is not updated for three months. i think wait is the only best option..

6 hours ago, Sam1257 said:

On the 221g form, is it okay to have a check mark on the first option which is basically requiring additional document?

Yeah its normal.People who are asked to submit documents have tick on first option of 221g.I have seen many cases like yours most of them were solved witinin 3 months.Just pray and stay focused.InshAllah you will hear good news soon.

3 hours ago, Ehsan2003 said:

Yeah its normal.People who are asked to submit documents have tick on first option of 221g.I have seen many cases like yours most of them were solved witinin 3 months.Just pray and stay focused.InshAllah you will hear good news soon.

Thank you for giving the confirmation. I really hope to hear a good news sometime this month. Itโ€™s been 4 months now and havenโ€™t heard back. No responses to inquiries either.ย ย 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

Thank you for giving the confirmation. I really hope to hear a good news sometime this month. Itโ€™s been 4 months now and havenโ€™t heard back. No responses to inquiries either.ย ย 

In sha Allah you will hear soon.ย  Did you try to email here.ย 

Islamabadivinquiry@state.govย 

ย 

18 minutes ago, Sam1257 said:

Hmm Hopefully you will hear good news soon.Mine also has not updated since 6 December almost 3 months.Do not worry stay focused.I have seen cases which get no update but after few months they get visas.Most of the cases which were solved did not update for more than 2ย months before issuence of visa.Lets hope we all hear good news soon.

Just to give you guys some hope my wife got visa in hand this week,ย after 5 months of administrative processing. interview was middle of September 2019.ย Was given the 221g to submit additional documents and proof of relationship,ย which sheย did a a few daysย later by courierย as well as uploading it to CEAC website.

ย 

My case is relatively simple first marriage for both of us and no need for co sponser. I mailed the i130 in November 2018 so total time from initialย application was close to 16 months. I submitted everything myself, no attorney.

31 minutes ago, Youcantseemee said:

Just to give you guys some hope my wife got visa in hand this week,ย after 5 months of administrative processing. interview was middle of September 2019.ย Was given the 221g to submit additional documents and proof of relationship,ย which sheย did a a few daysย later by courierย as well as uploading it to CEAC website.

ย 

My case is relatively simple first marriage for both of us and no need for co sponser. I mailed the i130 in November 2018 so total time from initialย application was close to 16 months. I submitted everything myself, no attorney.

Hello Everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹,

Today's news is, with the blessings of almighty Allah๐Ÿ’, the "VISA IS ISSUED"๐Ÿ˜„

Just now, K.Syed88 said:

I prayed for everyone in this forum, Inshallah with the help and blessings of Allah, everyone will meet their spouses very soon.

My Timeline is as follows:

October 18th 2019 Interview Cr1ย 

Forgot Urdu "Nikkah Nama" attended interview with wife,

ย 

Sent "Nikkah Nama"

October 25th 2019 case updated

November 12th 2018 case updated.

ย 

January 25th 2020 contacted Senator,

January 27th 2020 Senator didย  inquiry,

January 28th 2020 case updated,

January 29th 2020 reply from embassy to Sanetor...that they still need to review the requested docs, and need more time, and they don't need anymore docs from me.

ย 

February 4th 2020 case again updated,

February 26th 2020 case updated,

February 27th 2020 case updated,

February 28th 2020 "VISA ISSUED"๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Good luck to Everybody, Pray to Allah and be patience, and time for your success will come Inshallah ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.