patiently_waiting

any CASA updates?

197 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Damn. No offense but my 3rd grader son uses better grammar and spelling.

no chit, those were a couple of the longest run-on sentences I've ever read!!! but who's grading, right? :blink::ot2: oh yeah, what was the topic again?? :whistle:

tisk tisk, no commenting on grammar or spelling here. You may have been added to the list now. I guess we should just be happy that we know how to spell like people our age should and that we can use punctuation when necessary. :thumbs:

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I believe she meant verse 221 not 121.....but of course this issue is interpreted by many in different ways.....to make things easy on us.......my opinion.

.... it says in the Quran that he cannot marry a woman unless she is a muslim in The Cow part 121.

Actually, the Qur'an says nothing of the sort -- neither in Surah Baqarah 121 nor anywhere else.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

I didn't mean it to be disparaging earlier, uh... wow look at the thread? I just find it interesting, the way people choose to assert new identities, and the little Arabic phrases by a non-speaker of Arabic just jumps out. Sort of like that Sex and the City episode where Charlotte is trying to get an A in being Jewish, and her actually Jewish boyfriend takes it a lot less seriously. Or a college girl coming back from a semester in France and pronouncing all French loanwords in English with the full Parisian accent.

It's a "I'm doing something new in my life" thing, not just limited to conversion to Islam.

Not buying that it just slips out because of prayers, because I don't imagine "thou" and "thy" slip in when the Christians on the board post just because the Lord's Prayer uses archaic language. :) Nothing really wrong with adding to your personal style with all the inshallahs and alhumdillallahs, of course, but it doesn't really measure your degree of conversion. The handful of Muslims I know that were born to it dress more or less normally, and don't sprinkle their conversations with Arabic. (Probably because they're from Iranian parents, but you know, details, details. ;) )

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
I didn't mean it to be disparaging earlier, uh... wow look at the thread? I just find it interesting, the way people choose to assert new identities, and the little Arabic phrases by a non-speaker of Arabic just jumps out. Sort of like that Sex and the City episode where Charlotte is trying to get an A in being Jewish, and her actually Jewish boyfriend takes it a lot less seriously. Or a college girl coming back from a semester in France and pronouncing all French loanwords in English with the full Parisian accent.

It's a "I'm doing something new in my life" thing, not just limited to conversion to Islam.

Not buying that it just slips out because of prayers, because I don't imagine "thou" and "thy" slip in when the Christians on the board post just because the Lord's Prayer uses archaic language. :) Nothing really wrong with adding to your personal style with all the inshallahs and alhumdillallahs, of course, but it doesn't really measure your degree of conversion. The handful of Muslims I know that were born to it dress more or less normally, and don't sprinkle their conversations with Arabic. (Probably because they're from Iranian parents, but you know, details, details. ;) )

Well said as usual.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no chit, those were a couple of the longest run-on sentences I've ever read!!! but who's grading, right? :blink::ot2: oh yeah, what was the topic again?? :whistle:

tisk tisk, no commenting on grammar or spelling here. You may have been added to the list now. I guess we should just be happy that we know how to spell like people our age should and that we can use punctuation when necessary. :thumbs:

Ok so then I should shield my eyes from your intelligence because its too much for me to comprehend. I do apologize oh perfect ones or should I say godesses? When I bow down and pray to you ladies (which I know will never happen) then I will listen to you but as for now shut the hell up and if I am doing this for him fine then I will see you all in hell.

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

Filed: Timeline

Ladies - chill, please.

no chit, those were a couple of the longest run-on sentences I've ever read!!! but who's grading, right? oh yeah, what was the topic again??

tisk tisk, no commenting on grammar or spelling here. You may have been added to the list now. I guess we should just be happy that we know how to spell like people our age should and that we can use punctuation when necessary.

Ok so then I should shield my eyes from your intelligence because its too much for me to comprehend. I do apologize oh perfect ones or should I say godesses? When I bow down and pray to you ladies (which I know will never happen) then I will listen to you but as for now shut the hell up and if I am doing this for him fine then I will see you all in hell.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can always try liberating the contents of your neat mental compartments, and allow the mixing and matching of previously irreconcilable brain chemicals. If not, could I interest you in a bar of soap?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I believe she meant verse 221 not 121.....but of course this issue is interpreted by many in different ways.....to make things easy on us.......my opinion.
.... it says in the Quran that he cannot marry a woman unless she is a muslim in The Cow part 121.

Actually, the Qur'an says nothing of the sort -- neither in Surah Baqarah 121 nor anywhere else.

Surah Baqarah 221 refers to "idolators" (alternate spelling: "idolaters") -- meaning pagans, polytheists, etc. It does not prohibit marriage to a "non-Muslim."

And elsewhere, Qur'an makes it quite clear that Muslims are permitted to marry "chaste women" from "People of the Book" (Christians and Jews):

This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

(Surah al-Maeda 5.)

Of course, there are certainly people who would argue the point.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Timeline

OMG who wrote this for you?

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

OMG who wrote this for you?

Well I think we know who DIDN'T write it :lol:

Filed: Timeline
Not trying to speak for Peezey, but sometimes the hypocrisy and sheer idiocy just get to be too much. Being that you choose to coddle those who say hypocritical and asinine things here instead of objecting and calling it out for what it is, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

WOOF.

Ah, speak for me any time.

so is aquol's posting history is one that you tend to agree with and even going forward they can speak for you anytime, but my suggestion was rediculous. i get it too :thumbs:

I need someone to translate this from gibberish into English for me so I can actually read it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Surah Baqarah 221 refers to "idolators" (alternate spelling: "idolaters") -- meaning pagans, polytheists, etc. It does not prohibit marriage to a "non-Muslim."

And elsewhere, Qur'an makes it quite clear that Muslims are permitted to marry "chaste women" from "People of the Book" (Christians and Jews):

This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

(Surah al-Maeda 5.)

i am sorry i had put the wrong number zakaria told me he was allowed to marry jewish but would never. i have a question for you can you answer me why the muslims hate the Jews so much? bc i read somewhere that one reason as a thought that muhammed was poisioned by a jew and thats why they hate them.

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, that's what I meant WOM.....but people have interpreted the word mushrikaat (a woman committing shirk or worshipping other than one God....whether it be an idol or another human) in different ways since some believe that because some Christians also believe that Jesus is God's son then they are considered by some to be from the mushrikaat for worshipping other than God alone.....or for example, a Jewish woman who believed that Uzayr was the son of God.........it depends on how the word mushrikaat (idolator) is translated because some believe that it doesn't just mean worshipping idols.......I've heard those interpretations before but I too agree with what you've said.

(Surah al-Maeda 5.)

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.