dvensel1

A Complete guide of what to do for a K1 visa

38 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

This seem outdated as the G-325 form was discontinued in April or May.  In fact, if you include it now the USCIS will deny the petition for using the wrong form.  All info from the former G-325 is now included in the new I-129F form.

Interesting.  Glad they canned G325 and put it on a revised  I-129F

I wasn't aware of that.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

3 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Interesting.  Glad they canned G325 and put it on a revised  I-129F

I wasn't aware of that.

Yes. It makes more sense to add it to the I-129F.  The SSN added to the AOS is also a great idea. No need to visit the SSA office in person. 

If you look at the USCIS logs here you will see lots of denials since May due to the old form. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

9 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Yes. It makes more sense to add it to the I-129F.  The SSN added to the AOS is also a great idea. No need to visit the SSA office in person. 

If you look at the USCIS logs here you will see lots of denials since May due to the old form. 

Can you explain more about the SSN has been added to AOS?  Is that to change it from maiden to Married name?

2 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Can you explain more about the SSN has been added to AOS?  Is that to change it from maiden to Married name?

It was an attempt to streamline the process. It just started the beginning of October. When I get to work I will post the link to the press release from the USCIS website. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

CFO is still around?  They still trying to sign people up for Credit Cards at CFO?

Yeah it is still around but it has come under more government control na and now not trying to have people do that. There was so many issues in the past that it did have to come under some kind of control.

4 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Here is the link...

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/new-uscis-form-streamlines-process-obtain-work-authorization-document-and-social-security-number-simultaneously

IMG_5168.jpeg

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:35 AM, John & Rose said:

I am shocked the US government found a way to streamline something.  

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

I am shocked the US government found a way to streamline something.  

No kidding. I am wondering about some details though. Does it mean the Social Security card gets delivered with the EAD?  That means months instead of same day if you visit in person. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

No kidding. I am wondering about some details though. Does it mean the Social Security card gets delivered with the EAD?  That means months instead of same day if you visit in person. 

No the EAD/AP combo card comes from USCIS.  SS card from SSA ... they just share information.. something they have been doing with Immigrant visas for years.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

32 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No the EAD/AP combo card comes from USCIS.  SS card from SSA ... they just share information.. something they have been doing with Immigrant visas for years.

So the SS card will come sooner like the old process?  They just share the info to make it easier on us?

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, John & Rose said:

So the SS card will come sooner like the old process?  They just share the info to make it easier on us?

It will come as soon as you apply for one.  

Edited by Zzyzx

AOS

01-10-2018 -  AOS packet sent (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-12-2018 - NOA1 receipt date (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-16-2018 - 3 Texts/Emails Received (AOS)

01-27-2018 - NOA1 & Biometrics Appt letters received

02-09-2018 - Bio-metrics Appointment

05-25-2018 - I-797 for I-131/I-765 EAD and AP Approved

06-02-2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received by Mail 

2 minutes ago, Zzyzx said:

It will come as soon as you apply for one.  

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/new-uscis-form-streamlines-process-obtain-work-authorization-document-and-social-security-number-simultaneously

But is that true now with the new "streamlined" system?

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

There is nothing to indicate otherwise.  It's just another option you can use to get the SS card after immigrating.  We still are going to the SS office in person to avoid any problems with issuing. 

AOS

01-10-2018 -  AOS packet sent (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-12-2018 - NOA1 receipt date (I-485/I-131/I-765)

01-16-2018 - 3 Texts/Emails Received (AOS)

01-27-2018 - NOA1 & Biometrics Appt letters received

05-25-2018 - I-797 for I-131/I-765 EAD and AP Approved

06-02-2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received by Mail 

Just now, Zzyzx said:

There is nothing to indicate otherwise.  It's just another option you can use to get the SS card after immigrating.  We still are going to the SS office in person to avoid any problems with issuing. 

That makes sense.  It really isn't streamlining if it takes a few months for the SS card.  I was hoping it would be as quick without a need to visit the SSA office.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.