SnowflakesLove

Returned to home country for Consular Processing

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! How’s everything? I do need your guidance. Is there anyone here with the same situation with me? I’m a returning J1 with no 2year home residence requirement but need to go home, thus doing the consular processing.  Please reply to this thread to shed some light with others with the same situation.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

There should be no problem with that, plenty of people live/ work/ study in a country other than their home country and then go home.

Do you have any specific questions about your situation?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thank you for your reply @Penguin_ie :) I'm just wondering if should I immediately report my marriage in US back home as I have read that it is necessary to have Cemar notarized by our government during the interview stage. 

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ahhh... yeah the Phils has specific requirements about that, so I am moving your thread to the country forum for more answers

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

31 minutes ago, Penguin_ie said:

Ahhh... yeah the Phils has specific requirements about that, so I am moving your thread to the country forum for more answers

@Penguin_ie thank you very much. May I know what link can I monitor the replies?

4 hours ago, Smittensis said:

@Penguin_ie thank you very much. May I know what link can I monitor the replies?

Your replies you will get regardless on where it's moved because you started the thread. But yea you need to Report Your Marriage or ROM so that you can get a CEMAR. Sorry I don't know exactly how to go about doing it in the Philippines but someone will come along to help you so dw.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 hours ago, Smittensis said:

Hi everyone! How’s everything? I do need your guidance. Is there anyone here with the same situation with me? I’m a returning J1 with no 2year home residence requirement but need to go home, thus doing the consular processing.  Please reply to this thread to shed some light with others with the same situation.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Smittensis said:

Thank you for your reply @Penguin_ie :) I'm just wondering if should I immediately report my marriage in US back home as I have read that it is necessary to have Cemar notarized by our government during the interview stage. 

Thank you.

Ah, I was confused there for a moment as your profile shows IR/CR-1.. nope I am still a little confused.  You got married in the USA while you were there on a J-1 visa?  But you did not file for your adjustment of status to Legal Permanent Resident to get your green card as a spouse of a USC while there?  Now you have need to return to the Philippines and want to know about the process at USEM?   Did you complete the I-130 petition at USCIS?

Now for your question.  You are NOT required to complete ROM, but if you do it must be done through the Philippine consulate that represents the state you were married in.   For the embassy interview you will bring a current PSA CENOMAR, if you do not report your marriage you won't have a CEMAR, but like said, not a big deal (not necessary).  And of course you will present a certified copy of your marriage certificate from the USA, or the original and copies for the embassy to keep.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you for replying @Hank_  Yes I got married in US but since I have a guarantee bond back home, I needed to get it from my agency before they take it away. There wasn't enough time that time to file the green card but we decided to get married and submitted the I-130 petition before I left. 

Is the ROM can only be applied in US then in my case? CEMAR in not necessary as long as I have the marriage certificate from USA? Thank you for your response.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Smittensis said:

Thank you for replying @Hank_  Yes I got married in US but since I have a guarantee bond back home, I needed to get it from my agency before they take it away. There wasn't enough time that time to file the green card but we decided to get married and submitted the I-130 petition before I left. 

Is the ROM can only be applied in US then in my case? CEMAR in not necessary as long as I have the marriage certificate from USA? Thank you for your response.

Ah yes.. don't let the bond money disappear.  Plus this gives you some time with family.. another plus.

No you do not need the CEMAR, but you are required to have the CENOMAR for the interview, and of course certified copies of your marriage certificate from the states (as mentioned earlier)

After the petition is approved at USCIS your case file will move to NVC where you will complete the AOS processing, then NVC will schedule your interview with the embassy (but once your case file is at USEM you can re-schedule to an earlier date)

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-ircr-1-immigrant.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You're such a great help @Hank_! Not only it's money but house and lot on stake. My husband and I were totally lost and sad I had to leave knowing that I can actually stay but we have to go with the process. We decided to get married and get started because we have finally found each other we just don't wanna lose each other. 

As per CEMAR, got it. I'll definitely get the Cenomar. How bout for the NBI, I have read about the confusion with the names. Should I get one with my husband's last name or with the hyphenated one or my maiden name?

Thanks a lot @Hank_!

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Smittensis said:

You're such a great help @Hank_! Not only it's money but house and lot on stake. My husband and I were totally lost and sad I had to leave knowing that I can actually stay but we have to go with the process. We decided to get married and get started because we have finally found each other we just don't wanna lose each other. 

As per CEMAR, got it. I'll definitely get the Cenomar. How bout for the NBI, I have read about the confusion with the names. Should I get one with my husband's last name or with the hyphenated one or my maiden name?

Thanks a lot @Hank_!

NBI married name and maiden name, NBI has this figured out finally, most times they list both names.   Not sure how they will react without a PSA marriage certificate..       But you need for both your names.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

NBI married name and maiden name, NBI has this figured out finally, most times they list both names.   Not sure how they will react without a PSA marriage certificate..       But you need for both your names.

Got it @Hank_ Thank you very much for your help! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.