Angel_is_here

Sworn Translation in Morocco

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone, I recently translated all my documents for my k1 Visa

Interview by a sworn translator but her name isn't on this list  https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/translators/

Should i re-do my translations ? Or just keep them as long as they are done by a sworn translator? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Given that you are going through the Casablanca consulate, one of the strictest countries in terms of K1 approvals, I would re-do the translation with one of the embassy approved translators. You might be able to get away with having someone else, especially a sworn translator with an official stamp, but personally I would not take any risks with this consulate. 

With that said, I'm fairly certain my husband used a translator who was not listed as well and it worked out for us, but I would still advise others to stick to the information provided by the embassy  so as to avoid potential administrative processing or denials. The consulate seems to be especially strict recently, with the addition of the DS-5535. 

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Given that you are going through the Casablanca consulate, one of the strictest countries in terms of K1 approvals, I would re-do the translation with one of the embassy approved translators. You might be able to get away with having someone else, especially a sworn translator with an official stamp, but personally I would not take any risks with this consulate. 

With that said, I'm fairly certain my husband used a translator who was not listed as well and it worked out for us, but I would still advise others to stick to the information provided by the embassy  so as to avoid potential administrative processing or denials. The consulate seems to be especially strict recently, with the addition of the DS-5535. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Rani32 said:

hello guys how are you ? im chemsou i need information for visa k1 if i meet my finacé juste one time can do this visa ? or the better marrid him and do visa cR1

Yes, as long as you have met in person within the past 2 years, you can file for the K1 fiancé visa. Both the K1 fiancé and CR1 spousal visa can bring your fiancé or husband to the US, its really up to you as a couple how you want to proceed. The K1 is a little faster, but the CR1 is ultimately cheaper and the foreign spouse can work and travel upon arriving in the US, unlike the K1 where you must first marry and then adjust status.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ours wasn't on a list 

there are so many in casablanca

all you need is a person who has knowledge of both languages or as ours had a machine that did translations into any laguage she programmed

my husband even translated for a friend

the reqirement is "you can not do your own"

should be ok if she certified herself as licences translator

On 12/10/2017 at 8:05 PM, RJandHamid said:

Hello , can I please ask you if you have any experience with applying for K1 visa in Morocco, I want to apply for it in Casablanca my fiancée came to Morocco just this last week we have pictures together and everything else but we want to know if its worth applying for it as far as how long does it take for the whole procedure? Thank you in advance ☺

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sarasondi said:

Hello , can I please ask you if you have any experience with applying for K1 visa in Morocco, I want to apply for it in Casablanca my fiancée came to Morocco just this last week we have pictures together and everything else but we want to know if its worth applying for it as far as how long does it take for the whole procedure? Thank you in advance ☺

Yes my fiancé (now husband!) is from Morocco and we went through the K1 process in Casablanca earlier this year. Right now it's taking an average of 6-9 months to have the visa in hand. Recently Casablanca has been asking some (but not all) visa applicants to submit an additional social media and family history form, which can add some additional months to the timeline. I'm happy to talk over private message if you have any specific questions about the Casablanca consulate or the K1 process. :)

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

14 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Yes my fiancé (now husband!) is from Morocco and we went through the K1 process in Casablanca earlier this year. Right now it's taking an average of 6-9 months to have the visa in hand. Recently Casablanca has been asking some (but not all) visa applicants to submit an additional social media and family history form, which can add some additional months to the timeline. I'm happy to talk over private message if you have any specific questions about the Casablanca consulate or the K1 process. :)

Hello , thank you so much for your reply I messaged you in private I will appreciate it if you can help me plz .

Thank you so much in advance 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.