Chair_force1

What’s the best way to send money to Brazil?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey folks, what is the easiest and safest way to send money to Brazil with least hassle for my gf to pick up for varies reason during k1 process?  Is Western Union the best?  Some say the person picking up has to jump thru hoops.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Western union  or World  remit  all good apps for sending money. 

But I was reading that many banks in Brazil do not have much experience with western union?  That some banks require the person to have an account to pick up money? 

1 minute ago, Chair_force1 said:

But I was reading that many banks in Brazil do not have much experience with western union?  That some banks require the person to have an account to pick up money? 

Well  I  do  know  how it work's in Brazil I just to know  those are good apps for sending money. Ask your gf to ask around banks  to see which one accepts western unions. Hope someone else comments here gives u different opinion   that will help good luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If your gf doesn't have a bank account, easiest is an envelope stuffed full of cash sent through the mail; safest is probably an envelope stuffed full of cash hand delivered by a stocky guy that you really trust. If she has a bank account, something as simple as paypal would probably be easier and cheaper than western union.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

I second the use of PayPal - cheaper and easier. If you send it as a PayPal gifts, there aren't fees to withdraw.

6 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

I second the use of PayPal - cheaper and easier. If you send it as a PayPal gifts, there aren't fees to withdraw.

Yes but at the moment I’m looking for the best option for someone without a bank account in Brazil.  She will open an account later

Just now, Chair_force1 said:

Yes but at the moment I’m looking for the best option for someone without a bank account in Brazil.  She will open an account later

There are other options to withdraw from PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Also, if she has a bank with a card in any other country she can use that bank and withdraw in Brazil.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

Add her as an authorized user to one of your credit cards and mail her the card?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chair_force1 said:

No, never

LOL! How about getting a new card with a limit you're comfortable with and send her that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.