drivermessenger

GC holder stayed overseas more than 2 years and bring my wife with me on b1/b2 visa

139 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

If you want to know about SB-1 you do need my BS.  Only about 1500 were issued in all of 2016.  We passed the interview for determination of eligibility for one.  Last month.  There are very, very few people on this site who have successfully done it and you need to cut your BS and pucker up for a dose of reality.  It only stings for a minute.

The bar that is set for SB-1 eligibility is very, very high and based on what you have said here you cannot overcome these hurdles (and) someone in the US still has to sponsor you for the SB-1 visa! 

So answer these questions yes or no:

Did you maintain your bank account in the US and do you use it for banking?  Show statements covering the time you were out

Do you have a permanent address in the US? Prove it

Do you have bills - utility, credit cards, loans, in your name associated with that address?  Show them

Do you have assets or investments in the US? Print evidence of them

Do you have a current drivers license and do you have insured vehicles in the US? Bring a copy

Have you filed US taxes for every year that you have been out? Bring copies of the returns and evidence they were filed

Do you have a sponsor in the US? Who is it, what is the relationship?

THEN:  If you can answer YES to EVERY SINGLE QUESTION you then get to explain to the CO why the reason you were out is outside of your control.  Otherwise, the CO will not view your irresponsible family planning as cause to scramble jets and evac you to the sunny beaches of Florida.

This is an application for Special Immigrant Status under Section 101(a)(27)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, for lawfully admitted permanent

residents who are returning from a temporary visit abroad. To qualify you must submit with this application evidence that:

(1) You had the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of departure from the United States;

(2) You departed from the United States with the intention of returning and you have not abandoned this intention; and

(3) You are returning to the United States from a temporary visit abroad and, if the stay abroad was protracted, this was caused by reasons

beyond your control and for which you are not responsible.

Applicants must submit evidence with this application to support the above requirements, including proof of lawful permanent residence

(Examples: Form I-151, I-551, Reentry Permit, etc.), dates of travel outside of the United States (Examples: airline tickets, passport stamps, etc.), proof

of ties to the United States and intention to return (Examples: tax returns, and evidence of economic, family and social ties to the United States), and

proof a protracted stay was for reasons beyond the applicant's control (Examples: medical incapacitation, employment with a U.S. company,

accompanying a U.S. citizen spouse, etc.) All documents will be returned to you.

When I emailed the embassy, they asked for my mobile number so that they could call me (me, the USC) and talk about the case.  THEN they emailed me with a list of stuff that is required for the interview and asked for the application to be filled out AND the accompanying evidence to be sent before they scheduled the interview.  All of this just to determine if we were even eligible to apply for an SB-1.

Pass that, they give you a case number on the spot.  It sets you at the Packet III point in the immigration process, where you have to fill out the online application for an immigrant visa, arrange a police certificate, medical, and prepare another affidavit of support.  A returning resident visa is not something you just apply for, interview, and get.  The process is set up to screen out cases like yours: Unsponsored green card holders who have clearly abandoned residency for an extended period of time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

When I emailed the embassy, they asked for my mobile number so that they could call me (me, the USC) and talk about the case.  THEN they emailed me with a list of stuff that is required for the interview and asked for the application to be filled out AND the accompanying evidence to be sent before they scheduled the interview.  All of this just to determine if we were even eligible to apply for an SB-1.

Pass that, they give you a case number on the spot.  It sets you at the Packet III point in the immigration process, where you have to fill out the online application for an immigrant visa, arrange a police certificate, medical, and prepare another affidavit of support.  A returning resident visa is not something you just apply for, interview, and get.  The process is set up to screen out cases like yours: Unsponsored green card holders who have clearly abandoned residency for an extended period of time.

What is all the mess about if you are a USC ? 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP refuses to acknowledge advice that has been given over and over.

The OP is insulting other people, and others are insulting him.

This thread is locked to further comment.  It is NOT to be restarted or referred to elsewhere.

Two participants are quite fortunate to be avoiding administrative action for their violations.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.