John & Rose

GCP at CFO Completed

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, The-Journey said:

This is such a waste. Why do they want all of this information, for what purpose.?  What does knowing my mothers name have to do with anything. 

It is a Philippines thing, very normal here.  A mother's maiden is important to know here, it is part of your Fiancee's name, the middle name to be exact.

Only need copies of your divorce decree, you can email it.

Here is a helpful link for CFO  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-manila.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

A mother's maiden is important to know here, it is part of your Fiancee's name, the middle name to be exact.

The point is the Filipino is asked the USC's mother's maiden name. While mother's maiden name has significance in the Philippines as you pointed out, it is completely culturally irrelevant for the USC (other than the protection of bank accounts as John noted). The stated purpose of CFO is to prepare the Filipino for life in another culture, asking target cultural questions which are culturally irrelevant is silly.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, DandY said:

The point is the Filipino is asked the USC's mother's maiden name. While mother's maiden name has significance in the Philippines as you pointed out, it is completely culturally irrelevant for the USC (other than the protection of bank accounts as John noted). The stated purpose of CFO is to prepare the Filipino for life in another culture, asking target cultural questions which are culturally irrelevant is silly.

Yup ... and my explanation was the reason why ... they don't understand that "their naming process" is not done in the USA.     

I have had them ask me here about my middle name when I am completing forms... "is that your mother's maiden name?"   Then I explain that we don't do that in the USA.

It all boils down to  ... give them what they ask for and they will give you what you are seeking.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Hank_ said:

Yup ... and my explanation was the reason why ... they don't understand that "their naming process" is not done in the USA.     

My sarcastic point was that if the CFO does not understand the culture of the USA, how do they accomplish their stated goal of preparing Filipinos for the new culture!

Timeline
Just now, DandY said:

My sarcastic point was that if the CFO does not understand the culture of the USA, how do they accomplish their stated goal of preparing Filipinos for the new culture!

When one only has a hammer in the tool box, all objects become nails.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, The-Journey said:

This is such a waste. Why do they want all of this information, for what purpose.?  What does knowing my mothers name have to do with anything. 

The purpose of CFO is to give someone a job and extract some more money. Just like making their citizen pay travel tax to leave the country.  Scam mostly

Years ago at CFO they would tell the person to make sure they put their US revenue into the Philppines Social Security System, knowing good well most would never come home to collect.   Then later they would have people from credit card companies trying to push the immigrant to sign up for credit cards.  For a while they offered CFO at St. Marys and it was ran by nuns,  I wonder what their main game was there.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.