ChinBer

K1 visa Additional Documents

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. My fiance and I filed for our K-1 visa and recently he got an email to provide additional information of his parents like marriage certificate and birth certificate. I was wondering if that is really included in the necessary documents needed? Is there any problem if this is being asked? Cause we filed this August and still doesn't got our NOA1. Does anyone knows about this? Hope you can give me some info. Thank you. 

Timeline

i never encounter to send marriage cert of my parents coz it shows in the rauirements that u need is ur birth cert or ur previous marriage as an applicant and not ur parents i suggest to call uscis to ask regarding ur case 

goodluck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, ChinBer said:

Hi. My fiance and I filed for our K-1 visa and recently he got an email to provide additional information of his parents like marriage certificate and birth certificate. I was wondering if that is really included in the necessary documents needed? Is there any problem if this is being asked? Cause we filed this August and still doesn't got our NOA1. Does anyone knows about this? Hope you can give me some info. Thank you. 

You got an e-mail asking for this information?

Usually, you get the NOA1 first, and if they need additional information they will request it a few months down the road and often by physical mail. 

Seems a little odd to me ?

Edited by Orit.d

K1 Visa                                                                                                                AOS                                                                                ROC

Feb 23/17 -  NOA1  ··· July  07/17 - NOA2                                                      Nov 14/17 Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765                         Jan 26/20 Mailed I-751 

Aug 07/17 -  at NVC ···  Aug 09/17 -  Case # Assigned                                Nov 16 & 20/17 - NOA's                                              Jan 30/20 - NOA

Aug 10/17 - Consulate Rec ···  Aug 12+14/17 - Packet 3/4                        Dec 20/18 Biometrics Appt                                     Mar 02/20 Biometrics Appt 

Aug 28/17 - Medical ···  Sep 27/17 - Interview Approved!                           Jan 25/18 - EAD/AP Approved                                 Oct 14/20 New Card Being Produced Approved!   

Oct 02/17 - Visa In Hand ···  Oct 22/17 -  POE · Peace Bridge                     Feb 01/18 - EAD/AP Card Received                         Oct 21/20 - New Card Received

Nov 01/17 - Married!                                                                                           Mar 13/18 - AOS Interview Approved!                     ??? ??/21 - ...N400?

Mar 21/18 -  Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

Usually, you get the NOA1 first, and if they need additional information they will request it a few months down the road and often by physical mail. 

I agree, getting an email does seem odd. And not having the NOA1 is also unusual. As well as asking for documents for parents...

@ChinBerdid you file the K1 petition on your own or though a lawyer? Sometimes when going through a lawyer,  or visa agency, the agency emails updates or RFE requests to the petitioner...It could also explain the missing NOA1, sometimes lawyers work slower than expected.

If you filed on your own, has the check been cashed yet? 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Orit.d said:

My fiance got it through physical mail. Sorry typo error. Still dont know why. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

I agree, getting an email does seem odd. And not having the NOA1 is also unusual. As well as asking for documents for parents...

@ChinBerdid you file the K1 petition on your own or though a lawyer? Sometimes when going through a lawyer,  or visa agency, the agency emails updates or RFE requests to the petitioner...It could also explain the missing NOA1, sometimes lawyers work slower than expected.

If you filed on your own, has the check been cashed yet? 

We filed the petition on our own. I don't know why it is taking so long for the NOA1 along with the additional requirements of his parents. How will I know if the check has been cashed and why does it mean? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Included in the petition, the petitioner should have included a check or money order for $535 to pay for the filing fee. If he used a check connected to his bank account, your fiance can see if the money was withdrawn, meaning that USCIS received and accepted your paperwork. It's also possible that he paid with a money order however, and if that were the case you wouldn't be able to track the payment. 

I would have your fiance contact USCIS and ask about the whereabouts of the NOA1 paper copy. I think it would also be too early to be getting and RFE as well, especially one asking about parental information. Something seems strange to me. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Included in the petition, the petitioner should have included a check or money order for $535 to pay for the filing fee. If he used a check connected to his bank account, your fiance can see if the money was withdrawn, meaning that USCIS received and accepted your paperwork. It's also possible that he paid with a money order however, and if that were the case you wouldn't be able to track the payment. 

I would have your fiance contact USCIS and ask about the whereabouts of the NOA1 paper copy. I think it would also be too early to be getting and RFE as well, especially one asking about parental information. Something seems strange to me. 

True. Seems really strange for me. I will have my fiance contact the USCIS about this. Cause they also mistaken his last name's spelling and it is taking us long with this. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, ChinBer said:

I haven't heard of USCIS sending email asking for stuff. Can you post a copy of the email here.

Normally they send RFE regular mail request for evidence not email. EDIT: Ok i see your reply you DID get regular mail

Never ever heard of them asking for petitioner's parents documents. Did he provide STATE issued Birth certificate of his own?

Edited by LabOz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.