adar24

September 2017 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, FACE said:

Hi everyone, any information regarding adjustment of status, my mom is in the US on a visitor visa?

I heard of people doing that but as what I know that's illegal. She can make use of her visitor visa to come and go while in the process of filing I 130. 

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 10/30/2018 at 12:04 PM, adar24 said:

Hi everyone -

We have now submitted the DS-260 and we are collecting all the docs to be sent to NVC. I have read through everything available. Some questions from those who have successfully gotten to Case Complete or Interview stage:

1.) Did you send your docs via US Mail (Post) or via Fedex (Courier)? If US Mail, is there any special thing you did for tracking? 

2.) For financial docs, I am sending I-864, IRS transcript for last year's tax return, W2 for last year, and employment letter that shows salary. Anything else I need to show? My income is over the minimum required (125% of PL for household).

Appreciate your help.

Hi Guys (whoever cleared interview at Mumbai or Manila consulates)

While collecting the documents and reading the Mumbai Consulate pre-interview checkist, came across this:

Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is not accompanying)

My parents have 2 children. Me and my sister. I am the petitioner, in the USA. They will carry the original of my birth certificate with them to the interview. Do they need to carry my sister's birth certificate as well? Or does the "principal applicant" give a clue that this is not required for IR5 as each applicant is individual, not really a principal applicant (where derivative relations can immigrate on the same application).

Please advise. I know several of your parents have successfully completed the interviews.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/30/2018 at 2:25 AM, Smidgkin said:

Both our cases have just been completed by NVC and are on their way to London!  Yay!

How many days after sending all the docs to nvc.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

My parents I130 applications are approved and NVC case status also shows completed.

My father's case was completed on January 23,2019 and my mother's case was completed on February 07,2019.

My parents are in India and they will give an interview at Bombay (Mumbai) embassy.

My questions are :  1) Since both the cases were completed on different dates, Mumbai embassy will scheduled interview separately for both or Embassy will scheduled interview for both at a same time ?

2) How much time it will take to give us an email notification about an interview date and time ?

3) When we can expect the date of interview after case completion ?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well done Arpatel

Obviously I can’t speak for Mumbai, but in London, although my husband and I had different dates, we both went to the first one and they expected us both to attend and dealt with us both together as a lot of the paperwork is common to both.  I had taken all the paperwork for both of us with us just in case and I would advise your parents to do the same.

Good luck with the rest of the process!

Sorry should have added again that it took 10 days for passports with visas to be sent to us.

On 2/11/2019 at 7:19 AM, arpatel said:

Hi All,

My parents I130 applications are approved and NVC case status also shows completed.

My father's case was completed on January 23,2019 and my mother's case was completed on February 07,2019.

My parents are in India and they will give an interview at Bombay (Mumbai) embassy.

My questions are :  1) Since both the cases were completed on different dates, Mumbai embassy will scheduled interview separately for both or Embassy will scheduled interview for both at a same time ?

2) How much time it will take to give us an email notification about an interview date and time ?

3) When we can expect the date of interview after case completion ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi - 

NVC will schedule interview on same date as your parents' cases will be linked together - you being the petitioner on both. You can call NVC to confirm this. My parents also had case complete on different dates. But were scheduled for interview together at Mumbai Consulate

Edited by adar24

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, adar24 said:

Hi - 

NVC will schedule interview on same date as your parents' cases will be linked together - you being the petitioner on both. You can call NVC to confirm this. My parents also had case complete on different dates. But were scheduled for interview together at Mumbai Consulate

Thanks Adar !

1 ) Can you tell me in how many days you got an interview date in email/mail from embassy after your parents case completed ?

2) Did Embassy give you OFC(biometrics appointment) date also or you scheduled that by yourself before an interview ?

Thanks,

On 2/14/2019 at 11:27 AM, arpatel said:

Thanks Adar !

1 ) Can you tell me in how many days you got an interview date in email/mail from embassy after your parents case completed ?

2) Did Embassy give you OFC(biometrics appointment) date also or you scheduled that by yourself before an interview ?

Thanks,

The interview dates are released in batches every month, so depends on when your case is complete during a month. Observation has been that if your case completes in the 1st half of month, you should get interview email next month. If 2nd half, you may have to wait for another month. This is not exact, but a general rule we have seen.

You have to register on ustraveldocs to schedule FP appt. You will get instructions in the email with your appt.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
On 2/14/2019 at 2:27 PM, arpatel said:

Thanks Adar !

Thanks,

Hello Arpatel,

Both of my parent's interview has now been scheduled by NVC. Although the case status for my parents in CEAC still says At Nvc, I randomly called NVC yesterday and they mentioned that the interview for both my mom and dad was scheduled within the last 1-2 days for April First week at Mumbai Consulate.

The last communication I had from NVC was on Feb 11 (via email) when I got 2 communications that all documents have been accepted and will let us know when interview dates are confirmed.

Hope this helps!

Timeline
10 hours ago, A_Singh said:

Hello Arpatel,

Both of my parent's interview has now been scheduled by NVC. Although the case status for my parents in CEAC still says At Nvc, I randomly called NVC yesterday and they mentioned that the interview for both my mom and dad was scheduled within the last 1-2 days for April First week at Mumbai Consulate.

The last communication I had from NVC was on Feb 11 (via email) when I got 2 communications that all documents have been accepted and will let us know when interview dates are confirmed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks A_Singh

Can you tell me your parents Case Complete date ?

My parents CC date is February 07,2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, FACE said:

Hi everyone, any information regarding adjustment of status, my mom is in the US on a visitor visa?

My sister in law did this for both her parents and they got their green cards successfully. 

As you know, it is illegal to enter the country with immigrant intent on a visitor visa. But if your mom entered US with visitor intent and made the decision to immigrate while she’s here, you can apply for adjustment of status. 

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Can any one share their exprience of getting Socail security card if you have said Yes on Form D260? I got information that usually this is not processed and we need to go to Social security office to apply in person. I was also told by many friends that if we apply in person its much faster.

Thanks

Akulkarni

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Akulkarni

we ticked the box and my husband’s came through the post in about 10 days.  Mine didn’t come so I went in person to the Social security office and had to sit for about 4 hours waiting in the queue.  They checked it wasn’t in the system from my passport and visa details and ordered a number for me which came in less than a week.

Hope that helps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.