adar24

September 2017 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

360 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, markNmarieta said:

@Lynni

thank you for the response, now I can finish the DS260.

You are welcome...sooner you submit and send your documents you will get your case complete and interview...things seem to be moving faster at this stage...all the best to you!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, markNmarieta said:

@Lynni

One more quick question

I-864 (affodavit of support)

I-864A(proof of relationship)

just wondering what is the difference?

I-864 if you have a cosponsor.

I-864A if the petitioner is the sponsor only.

If you have other questions I will try my best to assist you. 

Timeline

@Lynni

so I need to fill up form I-864A in this situation because I am the petitioner?

should i include my husband in the household?

Since you are the petitioner and no cosponsor  you will have a household of 3(you, husband and mom).

Timeline

ok, I got you...

so I need form I-864A to use as affidavit of support, right?

Yes...it is the affidavit of support  but they different versions for different types of cases.

Since you are petitioner and only sponsor I864A is all you need to fill along with your tax documents and w2's. 

6 hours ago, Lynni said:

thank you for that information,

so if I include my husband as a co-sponsor I will use I-864?

(just to make sure that we make enough income to petition my mom)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, markNmarieta said:

thank you for that information,

so if I include my husband as a co-sponsor I will use I-864?

(just to make sure that we make enough income to petition my mom)

According to my lawyer a household of 2 is $21,000...  3 is about $26,000...if you file taxes jointly with your husband you include him 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi folks -

I have been quiet for a little while as we had decided to defer our DS-260 application for a few months. We are now ready to begin the next steps of the process starting with DS-260. We have already paid the necessary fees, so DS-260 is open for data entry. I have a couple of questions I need advice on.

Are these next steps correct?

- Fill in and submit DS-260

- Send supporting documents

- Case will be marked as complete, interview letter will be sent

- Parents have to visit facility for fingerprint? 

- Parents have to book appointment for medical

- Parents will complete medical examination

- Parents to attend interview

Questions:

1.) For supporting documents, should I send both my parents' documents in one envelope?

2.) I think there are 2 packages to be sent for each parent - AOS package and IV package --- should these be in two separate envelopes? I mean, then will I have 4 envelopes to put in one large envelope? Advice will really be appreciated from folks who applied for both parents.

3.) Is fingerprinting appointment given separately or is walk-in allowed? Where do parents have to go for fingerprinting --- they will be attending interview at Mumbai Consulate in India.

And finally, 4.) How long is it taking from case complete to getting interview dates for Mumbai, India?

If you are looking to have your petitioners interview at Mumbai - It is most probably going to be upload of documents and not mailing it out (they started online upload process a month ago) - do you see that in CEAC?

Your list of the steps is correct.

If you are explicitly told to mail the documents, then it HAS to be all together and you can mail smaller 4 envelopes in one large one.

Ever attempted to go here and read up for medical and biometric appointments and locations?: https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ 

Interview dates for Mumbai are scheduled generally from ~27th of the month to the ~3rd of the month and in rare cases in the middle of the month if there were any canceled spots that open up. It is observed that the scheduling is prioritized based on the case complete date.

Case complete (CC) to interview timeline depends on your case complete date. If your is CC at the very end of the month then there is a good chance you will have to wait for the end of the next month for an interview to be scheduled, if not the middle of next month. 

Edited by willcrack

2 hours ago, willcrack said:

If you are looking to have your petitioners interview at Mumbai - It is most probably going to be upload of documents and not mailing it out (they started online upload process a month ago) - do you see that in CEAC?

Your list of the steps is correct.

If you are explicitly told to mail the documents, then it HAS to be all together and you can mail smaller 4 envelopes in one large one.

Ever attempted to go here and read up for medical and biometric appointments and locations?: https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ 

Interview dates for Mumbai are scheduled generally from ~27th of the month to the ~3rd of the month and in rare cases in the middle of the month if there were any canceled spots that open up. It is observed that the scheduling is prioritized based on the case complete date.

Case complete (CC) to interview timeline depends on your case complete date. If your is CC at the very end of the month then there is a good chance you will have to wait for the end of the next month for an interview to be scheduled, if not the middle of next month. 

Thanks very much, @willcrack. You answered most of my questions. The India Embassy link is useful. I will carefully read it. Thanks for the notes on the dates. That is helpful. Re. CEAC processing, our case number starts with BMB and we received the letters in July from NVC, so likely our case may not qualify for online processing. But we haven't submitted the DS-260 yet, so it is possible the upload thingy opens up after DS-260...who knows. In any case, thanks for the tip about 4 envelopes in 1 large envelope. 

Again, thanks very much. 

Hello everyone! 

Our documents for both my parents were excepted by NVC and they told they would work with Embassy to make a date of interview. How much time did it take to those, who already passed that stage? 

Good luck to everyone!   

Hi everyone -

We have now submitted the DS-260 and we are collecting all the docs to be sent to NVC. I have read through everything available. Some questions from those who have successfully gotten to Case Complete or Interview stage:

1.) Did you send your docs via US Mail (Post) or via Fedex (Courier)? If US Mail, is there any special thing you did for tracking? 

2.) For financial docs, I am sending I-864, IRS transcript for last year's tax return, W2 for last year, and employment letter that shows salary. Anything else I need to show? My income is over the minimum required (125% of PL for household).

Appreciate your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.