IslandMate714

Starting the process

18 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, geowrian said:

The CO may have refused the visa because they didn't believe the relationship was legitimate, and the lack of face to face time is a factor for making that decision. But they cannot deny solely because you haven't met in over 2 years at the time of the interview. USCIS verifies this requirement prior to approval of the petition.

But yes, face time (both how much and how recent) would be a factor that the CO can look at. Preferably, the petitioner should be at the interview (or waiting outside if not possible). Or visit between I-129F filing and interview. But neither is a requirement...just a good way to show evidence of an ongoing relationship.

I was just hoping that the OP could make sure that their proof of relationship is very good since they had limited face to face time.  They both need to realize that proof of relationship is a critical decider for approvals or denials.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Use black ink. They instruct everyone to use black ink in the K1 form instructions (please make sure you read those), so it's a safe bet they would prefer it throughout your whole application. It may be something to do with how the photocopies they make turn out. That being said, I don't know that they'd send your petition back or reject it because you went with blue ink. 

We included 7 photos taken from the beginning of our relationship until more recently. We included 17 pages of screenshots of messages from the beginning of our relationship until now. Think quality over quantity. I think other users have already made it clear 300 is excessive. Choose messages that show your genuine relationship. Not necessarily just sappy love ones but messages about your plans for the future, mundane things like your day at work and things every couple talks about day to day, etc. 

Also, boarding passes and hotel receipts are your friend. Try and have the pictures you include correspond to your trips. 

Edited by Mrsjackson

22 hours ago, IslandMate714 said:

Hello, all! I am in the beginning stages of filling out all the paperwork required for the K1.  First off I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to the wealth of information on this site, it is absolutely amazing and makes the process less daunting. 

My questions are as when signing the cover letter and letter of intent does it matter if I use black or blue ink? Also, I have screenshots of my fiance and myself video chatting and wanted to know if that's something I would be able to use and if it would be okay for me to write on those printouts the day and time? I want to make sure all my I's are dotted and T's are crossed when it comes to this. Thank you in advance for your help. I looked and read just about every forum or thread when it came to starting this process please feel free to add any additional information.   

From the USCIS website: 

Form Filing Tips

Please read and follow the form filing instructions. Form fees, eligibility requirements, fee waiver eligibility, required documents and mailing addresses vary depending on the form you are filing and why you are filing. These tips will help ensure we accept your application, petition, or request package for processing.

Complete Your Form Accurately

• Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject and return any unsigned form.
  • Use the most current form version. We prefer that you download forms from our website, complete them electronically, and then print your forms to submit.
  • Complete the entire form.
  • If you hand write your answers, use black ink. Make sure your entries are neat, legible and within the space provided.
  •  

Of course this refers to the filling out of the blanks on the forms but my guess is they prefer black for the signature also.  Where I work I always sign all legal documents with dark blue ink so it is easy to determine which document is my original signature.  I hope this helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.