EmKamp

What do I do next :(?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Just a quick question. Filling out form D-160 and paying the fee for $265, is this the first step I take after recieving my letter? (I am the beneficiary living in the UK.) It is really confusing. Do I book my medical appointment first? Or my interview? I know I have to have my medical before my interview but which do I book first? Im just struggling to put all of it together and knowing what comes next. 

Sorry if this seems really silly I am just struggling to understand it all :(

Thanks everyone.  

Have you got everything you need, vaccinations up to date (you'll need a flu jab), medical summary, police clearance (and subject access if needed), I134 and supporting documentation, any divorce/death/marriage/birth certificates that are applicable to you?

If so then you can book whatever way you want, just make sure you allow 5 working days between the medical and your interview ( it won't cause a denial if it's sooner, it will just delay the issue of your visa until your medical results arrive at the embassy)

You are on the home straight now, I know your stress levels will be stratospheric in the time leading up to the medical & interview but try to relax & enjoy the experience :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

3 minutes ago, trudi said:

Have you got everything you need, vaccinations up to date (you'll need a flu jab), medical summary, police clearance (and subject access if needed), I134 and supporting documentation, any divorce/death/marriage/birth certificates that are applicable to you?

If so then you can book whatever way you want, just make sure you allow 5 working days between the medical and your interview ( it won't cause a denial if it's sooner, it will just delay the issue of your visa until your medical results arrive at the embassy)

You are on the home straight now, I know your stress levels will be stratospheric in the time leading up to the medical & interview but try to relax & enjoy the experience :)

I have all my medical history and all my documents I need for my interview. I am waiting for a certificate of no impediment which I pick up October 19th and my police check I will recieve in 10 working days. Am I best waiting until these 2 forms come back to me just to make sure? Also when booking my interview and medical do they give me a date? Or can I choose a date that is available for them? 

My stress levels have never been higher lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, CannonTop90 said:

I have all my medical history and all my documents I need for my interview. I am waiting for a certificate of no impediment which I pick up October 19th and my police check I will recieve in 10 working days. Am I best waiting until these 2 forms come back to me just to make sure? Also when booking my interview and medical do they give me a date? Or can I choose a date that is available for them? 

Get in touch with the USCIS approved physician closest to you/where you are choosing to have your medical done and ask them what the booking procedure is. I'm sure they will try and accommodate you, but only they can answer that. 

2 minutes ago, CannonTop90 said:

Certificate of no impediment, is that to show you are free to marry? Never heard of that for London, heck didn't even know such a thing could be got in the UK! I'd been married before though so i had to provide my wedding certificate and my late husbands death certificate.

You need your police check for the medical so book a date for after it should arrive (mine arrived way quicker than the website said it would).

To book the medical just call Knightsbridge & they'll tell what dates they have, recent posts suggest they got busier so it may be a couple of weeks, the interview you book online and just pick a date from those available.

I remember the stress & fear that I'd do something to mess it up, it is all so much easier than you fear :)

7 minutes ago, trudi said:

Certificate of no impediment, is that to show you are free to marry? Never heard of that for London, heck didn't even know such a thing could be got in the UK! I'd been married before though so i had to provide my wedding certificate and my late husbands death certificate.

You need your police check for the medical so book a date for after it should arrive (mine arrived way quicker than the website said it would).

To book the medical just call Knightsbridge & they'll tell what dates they have, recent posts suggest they got busier so it may be a couple of weeks, the interview you book online and just pick a date from those available.

I remember the stress & fear that I'd do something to mess it up, it is all so much easier than you fear :)

Yeah its to say I am basically single and not in a current marriage/civil partnership. Crazy isn't it haha. I will call first thing Monday morning. Thanks for helping me, it really does feel like a weight lifted from my shoulders :) 

4 minutes ago, CannonTop90 said:

Yeah its to say I am basically single and not in a current marriage/civil partnership. Crazy isn't it haha. I will call first thing Monday morning. Thanks for helping me, it really does feel like a weight lifted from my shoulders :) 

You're welcome, it's a minefield but I can almost guarantee that when you walk out of the embassy you'll be amazed how quick and painless it is...

You should wander down to the UK subforum it's got others going/been through London & we'll all help you every step of the way, both now & when you get here :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, CannonTop90 said:

Hi all.

Just a quick question. Filling out form D-160 and paying the fee for $265, is this the first step I take after recieving my letter? (I am the beneficiary living in the UK.) It is really confusing. Do I book my medical appointment first? Or my interview? I know I have to have my medical before my interview but which do I book first? Im just struggling to put all of it together and knowing what comes next. 

Sorry if this seems really silly I am just struggling to understand it all :(

Thanks everyone.  

Your letter of instruction from London should have told you where to find the instructions on their website.  

Have you looked at that? https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

It's laid out in detail.

Step 1. DS160

Step 2. Gather your documents. I guarantee there is no certificate of impedance on the list they provide

Step 3. Call for a medical appointment

Step 4. Submit Notification of Readiness

Step 5. Schedule your interview. Pay. Register with courier.

Then click and read every link provided to you at the top and the sides of that page. 

Concerning other things said so far in this thread.

You got that certificate of no impedence idea from reading what somebody from another country said in these K1 topics. Get to the U.K. Forum and learn the London process. 

You will not be calling Monday and getting to speak to the people handling your case. They don't take phone calls.

You don't pick a place to have your medical. There is one clinic for all UK visa medicals. You'll find that information on the London website instruction pages.

8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Your letter of instruction from London should have told you where to find the instructions on their website.  

Have you looked at that? https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

It's laid out in detail.

Step 1. DS160

Step 2. Gather your documents. I guarantee there is no certificate of impedance on the list they provide

Step 3. Call for a medical appointment

Step 4. Submit Notification of Readiness

Step 5. Schedule your interview. Pay. Register with courier.

Then click and read every link provided to you at the top and the sides of that page. 

Concerning other things said so far in this thread.

You got that certificate of no impedence idea from reading what somebody from another country said in these K1 topics. Get to the U.K. Forum and learn the London process. 

You will not be calling Monday and getting to speak to the people handling your case. They don't take phone calls.

You don't pick a place to have your medical. There is one clinic for all UK visa medicals. You'll find that information on the London website instruction pages.

Woah. Basically telling me what everyone else has told me. The certificate of impediment I read for the US authorities will ask for when I enter the US. If this does not concern me, its nice to have that anyway isn't it :). But this is now a bonus because I do not have to wait for that to come through. Thanks! 

I did not say I will pick a place for my medical. The medical facility is located;

Knightsbridge Doctors
15 Basil Mansions
Basil Street 

If you read my comments again you can see I have never said I am choosing a place to have my medical. Yes they did have instrunctions to visit their website. Again why would I be on here if it was easy? I am asking for advice that is all. I would rather hear from people who went through the same process.  

Also, the only way I book my medical is to call. I dont know where you got "handling my case from"? 

Anyway I have enough information to go from. Thanks everyone :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, CannonTop90 said:

Woah. Basically telling me what everyone else has told me.

Well ouch ...that was meant as helpful information and nothing more. It seemed like maybe you hadn't found the step 1, step 2, etc. 

Other people commented on things that don't apply to London so the clarification about one medical place. And when you said about the no impediment, followed by I will call, I thought you wanted to ask the embassy if you needed it. The visa people only use email.  I have experience from K1 in London to US citizen and never had a certificate of no impediment. I haven't ever run across anybody else from the UK who got one for US Immigration purposes. Apologies for angering you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.