heatherandmilan

FBI name check delays talked to my lawyer today!!

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody,

I had my Aos interview on November 2004 couldn't get approved because of FBI name check pending. Well next week it will be almost 3 months since my interview and still no answers from USCIS. Today I talked to my atttorney, I told her that I heard about, that it might take up to 2-3 years, she said thats what people thinks but it'snot really true. She said that FBI name checks takes only couple weeks to complete.The problem is when FBI send them back to USCIS they just sit at the DO office untill the officer review them and approve the case, But because the officers are so busy they take their time with pending AOS cases, cause they are so busy with their daily routines interviews etc... I know that I am not the only one waiting, but guys, I think its such a pain in the butt. They need to speed up, I just dont understand it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Did your attorney have any suggestions for having your case reviewed at the DO??

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Good luck. Hope you will have the results of your FBI name check soon.

12/30/1999 -marriage to a US Citizen

01/31/2005 - applied for AOS (sent documents to Chicago lockbox)

03/21/2005 - Biometrics and fingerprinting done in Norfolk

11/14/2005 - Interview letter dated November 7th is received

01/23/2006 - Interview at Washington DC - APPROVED

02/03/2006 - RECEIVED MY PERMENANT RESIDENT CARD

10/31/2008 - Filed N400 at TSC

11/04/2008 - Application Received

11/28/2008 - Fingerprinting done in Norfolk VA

02/23/2009 - Interview in Dallas TX - not enough evidence on marriage -given till 03/23/2009 to submit all the necessary documents

2009 - CITIZEN

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

what your attorney will do, after charging you so much money. does he/she has any solutions?

is your attorney told you to be patience and just wait?

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Hi Guys first I wanna apologize for the misspeling the interview was November 2005 not 2004, Well my attorney she said she will send another letter to the DO. And see what happens. Its just so frustrating, I don't have AP so I can't even travel, and don't wanna spend money on that. I thought everything will be approve, oh well I learned my lesson. Anyone waiting for FBI name check too?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm not sure what your lawyer said is true. I've seen many people post on VJ and another immigration board in regards to background checks. From what I've learned if someone with your name did something wrong then they have to make sure it's not you. So if someone has a common name the name check could take awhile. I'm sure sometimes they come back fast and are just sitting at the local office, but I don't think there is anyway that all name checks are completed within 3 weeks. You can write your local office requesting the status of your AOS, we wrote to our local office twice. They mailed us a letter stating the name check is still pending, and sent us a letter for fingerprints as my husband's fingerprints have expired. From the threads I've seen most people that were waiting on background checks get approved within 3-6 months, but I've seen some that waited a year or more. It seems there are many of us in the same situation on VJ with the background checks. I know someone is waiting from May of last year I think. We have been waiting since Sepetmber of last year.

I know it's hard waiting, believe me we know how it feels to be disappointed that we have to wait even after the AOS interview. I know it's easier said than done, but just try to not worry about it. Worrying will just make you feel worse.

Good luck to you and all of us still waiting. :yes:

((Success))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Carina (K-2) is waiting on her namecheck since successful AOS interview on 10/25/2005; funny thing is her mother's background check had no delays and their names are only 1 letter different (Marina/Carina)!

I wouldn't care so much but spending $170 for another AP for her and also having to get her an ITIN to claim her as a dependent on the taxes is a bunch of #######-the young lady should have her green card in hand if USCIS had a clue as to what they were doing.

Dave

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

We've been waiting since June of 2005 and just Saturday we recieved an official letter from our Senator's office stating that Maria and Andres background check had cleared and that we will be hearing something on their AOS status soon. We were told by an Immigration officer that when the name check starts the FBI sends it to 26 different countries and they have to have a response from all countries before moving forward. I told her to watch and see that right after she gets her renewal EAD which she recieved last week we'll get a notice about her AOS and the 180 bucks spent will be for nothing.. well, its true... but where pretty happy that she's going to be getting a notice soon on her Green Card.

3-21-05 RECIEVED NOA FOR AOS INTERVIEW

WHICH WILL BE IN JUNE.. SUPRISE SUPRISE...

6-30-05 AOS INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL BUT GREEN CARDS

PENDING COMPLETION OF FBI BACKGROUND

CHECK

7-27-05 SENATORS OFFICE CONTACTED ME SAYING DELAY

IS DUE TO BAD FINGERPRINTS

2-22-06 ONLINE NOTIFICATION OF MARIAS AOS APPROVAL

STILL WAITING FOR ANDRES APPROVAL

2-24-06 RECIEVED OFFICIAL WELCOME TO THE USA LETTER IN THE MAIL FROM USCIS

*The LORD IS GOOD TO ALL : and His tender mercies are over all His works. Psalm 145:9

*A man can receive NOTHING, except it be GIVEN HIM FROM HEAVEN. John 3:27

*WHOSO findeth a wife findeth a GOOD THING, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18-22[/color]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We've been waiting since June of 2005 and just Saturday we recieved an official letter from our Senator's office stating that Maria and Andres background check had cleared and that we will be hearing something on their AOS status soon. We were told by an Immigration officer that when the name check starts the FBI sends it to 26 different countries and they have to have a response from all countries before moving forward. I told her to watch and see that right after she gets her renewal EAD which she recieved last week we'll get a notice about her AOS and the 180 bucks spent will be for nothing.. well, its true... but where pretty happy that she's going to be getting a notice soon on her Green Card.

Congrats Archer. I hope the greencards come soon. :dance:

((Success))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.