SGP001

I-864 Affidavit of Support Form for Interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi VJ,

I have an interview schedule in Singapore next month. In P4 letter:

================================================================================
*** IMPORTANT *** Interview Reminders
================================================================================
You already submitted certain forms and documents to NVC. At your visa interview, you must give the
consular officer the original version of each civil document you submitted plus one photocopy for each
person applying for a visa. These original versions will be returned to you.
 The only form you do not need to bring to your interview is the Form DS-260 Application for an
Immigrant Visa. Instead, print a copy of the receipt page from ceac.state.gov showing you submitted the
form online.
 If a financial sponsor submitted an I-864 Affidavit of Support form, you must give the consular officer
a signed version. It can be a photocopy, but the signature cannot be typed or electronic.

 If you do not bring to your interview the original version of all civil documents submitted to NVC, the
consular officer will reschedule your interview.
Please use the helpful checklist on the next page to prepare for your interview. You can also visit
"Interview Preparation - Required Documents" on nvc.state.gov/interview or watch our instructional
video at nvc.state.gov/resources for more information.

And 

Applicants who fall into any category listed in italics below should bring these additional documents:
􀀀 For family-based visa applications:
􀀀 The appropriate Form I-864 Affidavit of Support for each financial sponsor along with a photocopy of
the sponsor’s IRS transcript or most recent U.S. federal income tax return, and any relevant W-2s.

􀀀 Proof of your U.S. petitioner’s status and domicile in the U.S. (photocopy of a U.S. passport, U.S. birth
certificate, naturalization certificate, or legal permanent resident card).
􀀀 Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and visa applicant (such as photographs and letters).

In above P4 letter it required to bring 1 copy of I-864 to the interview. The point is that we did not make any copy of form I-864 before submitted to NVC. So my question is:

1. I do have (a).petitioner’s income tax + (b).co-sponsor's income tax + (c).W-2s  --> Can I just bring those documents(a+b+c) to the interview without I-864?
  2. If no, what is your suggestion?

The form is readily available online. Just complete a new one, print it out and sign. I'm sure you guys will be able to input the relevant information again since it's just personal details and income/asset/tax details.

ETA: You best bring a set of the I-864 plus the supporting documents. If you only bring the supporting documents without the I-864, they will tell you to return another day or give you the 221(g) slip requesting for the missing paper copy of I-864. A fellow friend just went through the SG embassy. They were quick to turn people away and ask them to reschedule their interview.

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

Hi @KULtoATL thank you for your suggestion. When we print new and sign, for the date, will it be sign date or the date that I submitted to USCIS?

2 minutes ago, SGP001 said:

Hi @KULtoATL thank you for your suggestion. When we print new and sign, for the date, will it be sign date or the date that I submitted to USCIS?

You can date it with the current date. It will not affect anything as long as all the details entered are correct and true, which could be supported by your supporting documents.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline

Hi @KULtoATL is there any way to request a copy of I-864 from NVC? this will help me:

1. No typo
  2. No need to contact co-sponsor to sign

Just now, SGP001 said:

Hi @KULtoATL is there any way to request a copy of I-864 from NVC? this will help me:

1. No typo
  2. No need to contact co-sponsor to sign

Nop. They will not send you a copy of what you submitted to them. The completed form came from you so you should be able to reproduce it. In your case, you have no choice but to ask your co-sponsor to send you a newly signed form.

Timeline

Hi @KULtoATL @Oliva @pushbrk sorry to bother you. I contacted all people in US (petitioner and co-sponsor) and they insist not to bring any I-864 to the interview. They said in the P4 letter is a standard (red highlighted in earlier posted) and every candidate received the same.

I try to explain them to have the document in hand which is better than nothing. The discussion was not going well and we almost fight over this. For now, I step back and google if the I-864 really need for the interview. After a while found this Affidavit-Of-Support-for-CR1-Visa-Interview

Since now days NVC requires you to submit all documents to them before the interview date, so normally you don't take neither original nor copy of I-864 with you to interview.

Also US poverty guide lines change every year, so if you did not get an interview date before April 15 2017 then the I-864 that you have submitted to NVC is obsolete now. 

I am frustrated over this. What is your suggestion?

Anyone here in Singapore went for interview without I-864? Please share your experienced.

Edited by SGP001

2 hours ago, SGP001 said:

Hi @KULtoATL @Oliva @pushbrk sorry to bother you. I contacted all people in US (petitioner and co-sponsor) and they insist not to bring any I-864 to the interview. They said in the P4 letter is a standard (red highlighted in earlier posted) and every candidate received the same.

I try to explain them to have the document in hand which is better than nothing. The discussion was not going well and we almost fight over this. For now, I step back and google if the I-864 really need for the interview. After a while found this Affidavit-Of-Support-for-CR1-Visa-Interview

I am frustrated over this. What is your suggestion?

Anyone here in Singapore went for interview without I-864? Please share your experienced.

I have a VJ friend who just gone through the Singapore embassy. They forgot a document and was quickly turned away and told to reschedule, which delayed them by 2 weeks. So in all honesty, I wouldn't suggest you to show up without the paper copies. Ultimately, the choice is yours to make and risk for you to take.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

I have a VJ friend who just gone through the Singapore embassy. They forgot a document and was quickly turned away and told to reschedule, which delayed them by 2 weeks. So in all honesty, I wouldn't suggest you to show up without the paper copies. Ultimately, the choice is yours to make and risk for you to take.

Thank you @KULtoATL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.