Arnold_and_Joan

HELP!! Received Visa - What to do???!! Please!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We received the visa packet through Delbros and it's in a clear plastic envelope that's sealed. It says basically DO NOT OPEN OR ELSE.... and Joan's passport is inside but opened to her picture but sealed inside. We cannot open this clear plastic envelope to get her passport? I guess we were planning on taking a short trip to HongKong first before going to US, plus we need her passport to buy a plane ticket. Also don't they stamp the passport here in Manila when she leaves??? We present the entire envelope to Customs and Immigrations at the airport here to show her passport?

I guess i'm confused as to WHAT NOT TO OPEN. I see a white plastic envelope also inside marked Warning do not open. But I flip the entire clear package and also see the Warning Do not Open printed on the Manila folder that holds my originals (apps etc.) Those of you who've made it to U.S. already, what did you do? Help please.... it's confusing and I don't want to jeopardize the process by opening anything. Thanks.

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Hi everyone,

We received the visa packet through Delbros and it's in a clear plastic envelope that's sealed. It says basically DO NOT OPEN OR ELSE.... and Joan's passport is inside but opened to her picture but sealed inside. We cannot open this clear plastic envelope to get her passport? I guess we were planning on taking a short trip to HongKong first before going to US, plus we need her passport to buy a plane ticket. Also don't they stamp the passport here in Manila when she leaves??? We present the entire envelope to Customs and Immigrations at the airport here to show her passport?

I guess i'm confused as to WHAT NOT TO OPEN. I see a white plastic envelope also inside marked Warning do not open. But I flip the entire clear package and also see the Warning Do not Open printed on the Manila folder that holds my originals (apps etc.) Those of you who've made it to U.S. already, what did you do? Help please.... it's confusing and I don't want to jeopardize the process by opening anything. Thanks.

Yes you can take the passport. But under no circumstances try to open or peek inside the other envelope! Good luck! and congratulations on the visa!

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes, that's right. You can take the passport, but

DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE INSIDE.

Congrats and good luck!

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, that's right. You can take the passport, but

DO NOT OPEN THE ENVELOPE INSIDE.

Congrats and good luck!

OK Thanks guys. I actually did a search for similar situations here and found the same answers. What's really confusing about the packet is that when you look at it the warning seems to be for the entire clear plastic packet with the passport inside. It's understandable how a lot of receipients like us get confused. I wish they had other instructions that say you can take your passport out. I do understand about the brown manila envelope and leaving it unopened and untouched. I re-sealed that in the clear plastic just to be safe. Anyhow, thanks and good luck to all.

Arnold & Joan

Arnold & Joan's Timeline

============ AOS Phase ========

05/28/07 - Applied for Joan's SSN - no problems - got it in mail a few days later

07/09/07 - Got Maui'd in Hawaii Wedding Photos

07/19/07 - Got vaccination for Joan (she didn't get it in Phil)

08/15/07 - Filed our AOS papers

10/--/07 - Found out we sent the papers to wrong office. We've called several times to get this clarified but all got is that we need to WAIT for our papers to be forwarded or returned to us.

10/--/07 - We got our papers back.... ngngngng and re-sent it to the right office

01/23/08 - Got our interview date

03/10/08 - INTERVIEW DONE!! Our Interview Experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.