RO_AH

Getting Married in the Philippines

21 posts in this topic

I leave for the Philippines next week and I have done a lot of research to make sure that I do not forget anything. Just in case I want to ask the experts here what I need to bring back in order to file my CR-1 once I get home. These are the things that I know I will need:

1. G-325A filled out by the non-US Citizen spouse signed and dated.

2. One passport-type photo of the non-US Citizen spouse.

3. A copy of your marriage certificate.

Is there anything else? Also I just would like a little clarification on the Marriage Certificate. I know it get's filed by the local registrar, and then gets sent to PSA in Manila. After they have put it in the system, you can get an official Marriage Certificate from PSA. My question is, at the local registrar do you get some sort of certificate first? If so can that be used for your application? Or when I file will I need to official Marriage Certificate from PSA?

Thanks for any replies.

G-325A is no longer needed. Your spouse beneficiary needs to complete the I-130A instead.

Here's the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

3 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

G-325A is no longer needed. Your spouse beneficiary needs to complete the I-130A instead.

Here's the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

That's the guide that said I need G-325A :(

Just now, RO_AH said:

Oh! It's not updated :) But the rest of the info is still useful.

Just download the latest forms from USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/forms

Check out the I-130 instruction sheets and you'll find that your spouse beneficiary is now required to complete the I-130A in lieu of the G-325A. For the petitioner, the components from the G-325A has been incorporated into the I-130.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

24 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Oh! It's not updated :) But the rest of the info is still useful.

Just download the latest forms from USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/forms

Check out the I-130 instruction sheets and you'll find that your spouse beneficiary is now required to complete the I-130A in lieu of the G-325A. For the petitioner, the components from the G-325A has been incorporated into the I-130.

Thanks! Yea they really need to update it. I already downloaded all the forms and filled most of them out. I guess I should actually have read the instructions :D

53 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Thanks! Yea they really need to update it. I already downloaded all the forms and filled most of them out. I guess I should actually have read the instructions :D

No worries at all :) USCIS instructions should be read to ensure you have all the basic requirements fulfilled. However, VJ guides are useful because it contains some additional info on what to include as your supporting as they are sometimes not specifically mentioned in the formal instructions. 

All the best with the CR-1! 

PS: I don't remember for sure but did you file for K-1 and was awaiting NOA2? If you did, FYI, you'll restart the clock with the new petition :(

You'll need the PSA copy of the marriage certificate. It takes several weeks to get but you can pay a little extra to get it in a week. I forgot the details of that, I'll ask my wife what we had to do. You might also need a CEMAR for both of you. We had to have one but we filed DCF.

Visa Journey site is helpful but unofficial. Also check the government sites for the latest and correct info..

You can get an advanced copy of the marriage certificate the next day. This is ok for filing purposes.

1.jpg

57 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

PS: I don't remember for sure but did you file for K-1 and was awaiting NOA2? If you did, FYI, you'll restart the clock with the new petition :(

No K-1 for me. My plan was always to go for CR-1 ;)

28 minutes ago, verwen said:

You'll need the PSA copy of the marriage certificate. It takes several weeks to get but you can pay a little extra to get it in a week.

Yes I plan to have mine in a week, I was just wondering just in case. It takes knowing the right people, and a few bucks for grease, but should be doable.

Just now, RO_AH said:

No K-1 for me. My plan was always to go for CR-1 ;)

Yes I plan to have mine in a week, I was just wondering just in case. It takes knowing the right people, and a few bucks for grease, but should be doable.

OK! Cool :D Please keep us updated. I hope it's smooth sailing till your wife gets her visa next year.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Guides on VJ are becoming very outdated.. thus "useless".   

Do have your new wife complete the I-130a  as you need to file that with the I-130.   ( and NO to the G-325a)

More info here:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-130-petition-process.html

And here:

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-ircr-1-immigrant.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Look up one post.  From those links are links to even more info.

This site is not an official government site, and it has incorrect info about the beneficiary signing the I-130A. Where is the official site saying what needs to be included?

1.jpg

53 minutes ago, The-Journey said:

This site is not an official government site, and it has incorrect info about the beneficiary signing the I-130A. Where is the official site saying what needs to be included?

After reading the i130 instruction for the 20th time. I believe all of the info is right there...

1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.