mourad_vi

Travel questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello vj member,

I have a question please, I came here by procedures k1 fiance visa,  I received my combo card (wish traveling working & working permit), but i still did not received permanent resident yet, just wanna know the procedure to travel to canada for few days with the combo card?! If anyone got experience on that, please share your exp with us

Thank you.

Foreign passport + combo card + AOS NOA1 + marriage certificate (just in case and if there's name change).

ETA: If your passport issuing country needs a visa to enter Canada, apply for that before you attempt to travel there.

Edited by KULtoATL

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

*~*~*moved from "IMBRA" to "working and traveling" - not an IMBRA topic*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

If your passport issuing country needs a visa to enter Canada, apply for that before you attempt to travel there.

This. Canada allows green card holders to visit without a visa, but if you don't have the green card yet, you'll need a Canadian visa (or eTA if you're flying and come from a country that doesn't nead a visa to visit Canada) - EAD/AP doesn't count. And even with a green card, you still need an eTA.

Edited by broppy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.