2,916 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, iwillsurvive said:

For I-765 you get one case number, for I-360 you get one, one for I-485 and one for I-131, so you can track the status of the particular application. If you previously filed for I-765 under a different category, I.e. c31, you will get a new case number when you refile under c9 as it is a new application with a different processing time. 

EAD can take up to 120 but average is 90 days. So wait about 3 months and the status should change to “I-765 approved” and/or “new card in production”.

Perfect, I completely understand now. I was a little lost with these case numbers.

For me keep tracking my EAD process, I should keep tracking this case number which says "Fees were waived", right??

Thank you so much.

8 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

It’s long right now. About 5-6 months at VSC. I filed mid June and have not heard yet other than my notice which I got in July. 

The I-131 process time is different than the I-765? Usually the AP comes along with EAD? Am I right? Does it makes the EAD waiting time longer since I filled for Parole as well?

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

For I-765 you get one case number, for I-360 you get one, one for I-485 and one for I-131, so you can track the status of the particular application. If you previously filed for I-765 under a different category, I.e. c31, you will get a new case number when you refile under c9 as it is a new application with a different processing time. 

EAD can take up to 120 but average is 90 days. So wait about 3 months and the status should change to “I-765 approved” and/or “new card in production”.

Question I filed Ap and EAD renewal separately under c9 then just filed VAWA. Online it says a AP transferred and new office has jurisdiction. Is this because I filed VAWA?

I got a letter regarding biometrics still valid for EAD does this also apply to EAD

13 hours ago, Poupis said:

The I-131 process time is different than the I-765? Usually the AP comes along with EAD? Am I right? Does it makes the EAD waiting time longer since I filled for Parole as well?

Yes currently it is. Check processing time for VSC on the USCIS page. 

No this will not delay I-765 as they are two different things. 

If you file I-765 and I-131 at the same time and processing times are similar, they will just make a combo card, meaning your EAD will have a sentence about admission into the country about it. 

I filed the two separately, so I already have my EAD and will then receive a piece of paper that will be my AP. 

Edited by iwillsurvive

13 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Question I filed Ap and EAD renewal separately under c9 then just filed VAWA. Online it says a AP transferred and new office has jurisdiction. Is this because I filed VAWA?

I got a letter regarding biometrics still valid for EAD does this also apply to EAD

Did your spouse previously file for I-130 and I-485 and I-765 for you? I am confused about what you are trying to say. Please share entire immigration timeline. 

If you filed I-131 with the VAWA Unit at VSC then it can sometimes happen when they are really busy that they transfer this to another service center. 

If you filed I-131 with a previous I-485 (not VAWA related, not at VSC), then they will not just send that to Vermont I believe as it is tied to a previous I-130/I-485. 

Correct me if I’m wrong please. 

16 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

Thank you for the info! I saw online category c9P if you file renewal of 765 and 131 together based on pending 485 instead c9. Did anyone filed under that category? Also since I want to file 765 and 131 together and they have different timelines do you think I'll have to wait longer for my EAD renewal? Thank you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, natia_n said:

Hi, is anybody here to get approval of 2016 october cases?

I just got a rfe although im expecting the mail. My date is October 7th

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
23 hours ago, GWMAW said:

Need some advice on this.

I filed for VAWA few months ago. Received the prima facie determination as well as the work permit. I heard that with prima facie, one will be able to benefit from FAFSA (federal student loan). My f1 status expired in 2016. Am I eligible to enroll in school here and benefit from the school loan?

Do you know the website or link where I can go and apply for that? When I apply for school, do I apply as an international student or? I am a little bit confused on this, I applied to one of the community colleges and they ask me for the copy of the GC to proceed with my application. Please advise

You can show your receipt of vawa petition and if you have pending green card receipt also of you have to show something lke ssn or license to prove you have been here depends state to state but showing vawa receipt works . For fafsa they will not as they said vawa not approved yet but they considered as in state as i had license and ssn .. good luck

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, nuka987 said:

Thank you for the info! I saw online category c9P if you file renewal of 765 and 131 together based on pending 485 instead c9. Did anyone filed under that category? Also since I want to file 765 and 131 together and they have different timelines do you think I'll have to wait longer for my EAD renewal? Thank you! 

If you will renew AP AND   EAD together, they  will issue both  doccuments together (combo),there is no different timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.