wanderlust88

Abu Dhabi Embassy Delays - Support Group

1,137 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ansara David said:

yes bcoz we didnt get green card cant file married .so thats not worry my husband asked to IRS so they said u cant bcoz wife have not yet green card.

If you are married on Dec 31, you MUST file MARRIED for that tax year.  You can not file single.......  It does not matter where the foreign spouse is.  It does not matter if they have a green card.....

A married person must file as married...

I do not believe that the IRS told a married person to file as single

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, shahnam0716 said:

Does it matter if I (petitioner, usa) filed the taxes for 2016 with marital status of Single? I told my CPA to put it as Married but he filed it as Single. 

If you married on Dec 31, you can not file as single for that tax year.......period!!! 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

If you are married on Dec 31, you MUST file MARRIED for that tax year.  You can not file single.......  It does not matter where the foreign spouse is.  It does not matter if they have a green card.....

A married person must file as married...

I do not believe that the IRS told a married person to file as single

what husband talk to IRS thats what i say,cuz i even were worry this but after talk IRS he stil in single his file .and they didnt ask to me anything interview time.i dont know what ur talking about 21 december?i marrired in 15 march 2015.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ansara David said:

what husband talk to IRS thats what i say,cuz i even were worry this but after talk IRS he stil in single his file .and they didnt ask to me anything interview time.i dont know what ur talking about 21 december?i marrired in 15 march 2015.

It is extremely simple. If your husband was a married person on the day of December 31st, he/she can not file as a single person for that tax year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I was married in Aug 2016. My tax papers for 2016 ( which was sent to NVC) was filed as single AND my tax for 2017 ( which was used at the interview) was also filed as single. My husbands visa got approved and issued. So I would NOT be too concerned about it as I know plenty of other people who has done the same and had no issues. The main prupose of even asing for tax papers is to ensure you have sufficient income and are not below poverty level. 

Timeline
Just now, sthomas said:

I was married in Aug 2016. My tax papers for 2016 ( which was sent to NVC) was filed as single AND my tax for 2017 ( which was used at the interview) was also filed as single. My husbands visa got approved and issued. So I would NOT be too concerned about it as I know plenty of other people who has done the same and had no issues. The main prupose of even asing for tax papers is to ensure you have sufficient income and are not below poverty level. 

Regardless of approval, your taxes were filed incorrectly...

9 hours ago, shahnam0716 said:

We got a green slip that is asking us to send our Tax return documents along with the passport via empost to the embassy. Can anyone please guide me as to what address I need to mail the documents on? What kind of envelope I need to mail the documents in? 

Which year of tax returns did they ask you to submit? 

15 hours ago, Ansara David said:

No u have i told Co that in website  written one year but she said its UAE we look UAE law too,the CO very nice too,as u know every 6 month law are change something something so u have get new one for my advoice .GOOD LUCK

exactly what i thought. the NVC website is a guide but always do things according to UAE law as well and make sure documents are valid IN UAE. 

Edited by wanderlust88

On 3/23/2018 at 6:18 PM, dady12 said:

you should stop advising people if u dont know the answer to someone problem,check the department of state website on what it says about PCC,I 've gone for the interview in the past and my PCC was more than 5months and that did not create any problem

*cough*

On 3/28/2018 at 12:29 PM, shahnam0716 said:

We got a green slip that is asking us to send our Tax return documents along with the passport via empost to the embassy. Can anyone please guide me as to what address I need to mail the documents on? What kind of envelope I need to mail the documents in? 

Hi shahnam

Are you going on sunday to us embassy abu dhabi to submit you documents? 

OR does any body know us embassy Abu Dhabi will be open on sunday ( Easter)?

Edited by Nadim

1 hour ago, Nadim said:

Hi shahnam

Are you going on sunday to us embassy abu dhabi to submit you documents? 

OR does any body know us embassy Abu Dhabi will be open on sunday ( Easter)?

The counslar told my spouse to mail the documents via empost or come one Sunday to give to us. So, I am not sure if the consular didn't realize that it is easter or if they are actually open. We submitted our documents via empost. 

On 3/28/2018 at 5:02 AM, mohammad awwad said:

No first go online sign in choose option send documents then go to consular instructed me to send documents then click write the reason directly youll get email with authorization papes take it and go to empost give it to thw counter with your passport and what missing documents and hell send it 

Screenshot_2018-03-28-12-52-45.png

This was very helpful. So we printed off the Courier-in Authorization document (2 pages). Placed the second page of the Courier-in authorization document inside the envelope with other documents as instructed (be sure it is the first page of the packet). And kept page 1 of the document outside of the envelope to hand the page to the empost personnel. Took the envelope of documents and gave to consular. Consular placed them in a special plastic envelope and said the mail should be delivered within 2-3 days. Gave us a sheet of paper with tracking number on it. After that, we also got an e-mail regarding our mail with the tracking number, applicant name, and applicant passport number. 

Edited by shahnam0716

1 hour ago, shahnam0716 said:

The counslar told my spouse to mail the documents via empost or come one Sunday to give to us. So, I am not sure if the consular didn't realize that it is easter or if they are actually open. We submitted our documents via empost. 

Oh thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.