marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

Thank you for sharing interview experience 

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

interesting news item .. Ruth Bader Ginsburg speaking at a naturalization ceremony today on anniversary of Bill of Rights.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/14/politics/rbg-bill-of-rights-day-naturalization-ceremony/index.html

"What is the difference between a bookkeeper in New York City's Garment District and a Supreme Court Justice? One generation," Ginsburg said.

"In this rich land, nearly a quarter of our children live in poverty, nearly half of our citizens do not vote, and we still struggle to achieve greater understanding and appreciation of each other across racial, religious and socioeconomic lines." She continued: "Yet, we strive to realize the ideal to become a more perfect union. As well-informed new citizens, you will play your part, a vital part in that endeavor by first and foremost voting in elections."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, BruceW said:

Woohoo, I just received notice that they have scheduled my interview, dont have the date yet but suspect it will be in the new year.

That’s awesome!! How long ago was your biometrics?

Timeline
4 hours ago, k_man said:

That’s awesome!! How long ago was your biometrics?

my biometrics were ~11 months ago on 1/18/2017.

you see everyone elses times here->>>

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit#gid=794661185

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Togo
Timeline

Hey BruceW,

According to the spreadsheet, you have been scheduled for an Interview. What’s your interview date? It looks like your biometric was on 01/11/18. I filed two months after your biometric date!

Edited by duitta2g15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Togo
Timeline
7 hours ago, BruceW said:

my biometrics were ~11 months ago on 1/18/2017.

you see everyone elses times here->>>

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit#gid=794661185

Hey BruceW,

According to the spreadsheet, you have been scheduled for an Interview. What’s your interview date? It looks like your biometric was on 01/11/18. I filed two months after your biometric date!

On 12/12/2018 at 11:39 AM, marcusa said:

if your courthouse is located at  316 Robert St N, St Paul, MN 55101.  the nearest parking ramp is located at Kellogg Square Parking Ramp111 E Kellogg Blvd, St Paul, MN 55101.. the parking hour rate is acceptable and it's right across the Robert Street. The courthouse is right in front of you when you are out of parking ramp building. google map will give you the best images.  the ramp inside is old and narrow. Dont drive a big car over that ramp. otherwise, you will have a lot of trouble getting in and out.

regarding to the oath,

1,documents to bring: green card and oath letter (you can fill the letter and sign at home,or they provide pens for you on site). i did bring my passport but never being asked.

2, line up outside in the hallway and wait. when the time is up, you will check in first with the table outside of the courtroom, turn in your green card (the staff will toss it in a container under the table) and oath letter. the staff will stamp on the oath letter.

3,follow the line to enter the courtroom,turn in the oath letter and find seats dedicated for new citizens. you will receive an USCIS envelope . your family will be in the separate visitor seats behind.

4, when Judge comes, the following will be very straightforward. 20-25 minutes total.

5, at the end of oath, you will receive the certificate. and have the opportunity to take photos with the Judge in the courtroom following the line. Lots of people chose to do that. 

when you are out of the courtroom, you are officially the US citizen and celebrating.

Thanks for the information. It will be very helpful.

Just a couple more days - paying extra attention to my driving to avoid any unfortunate traffic tickets :)

On 12/16/2018 at 1:04 AM, coralee said:

Thanks for the information. It will be very helpful.

Just a couple more days - paying extra attention to my driving to avoid any unfortunate traffic tickets :)

there are lots of road constructions going on this winter in Cities downtown, please plan to leave earlier depending on your oath schedule. 

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 05/2012, EB-1A 140 approval
  • 02/2013AOS / I-485 approval and received green card
  • 11/2017, N-400 e-filed (5-year term)
  • 09/2018, N-400 approval 
  • 10/2018, oath day
  • 11/26/2018, minor child N-600 mailed out(USPS)
  • 04/12/2019, N-600 approval letter  

Timeline
On 12/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, duitta2g15 said:

Hey BruceW,

USCIS send you an email to tell you have been scheduled, but it usually takes a week or so after the email to get the official notice to give you the exact interview date and time at MSP Office. I will let you know when that happens and update the spreadsheet. I am hoping that the possibility of a government shutdown does not slow things down.

24 minutes ago, BruceW said:

possibility of a government shutdown does not slow things down.

good point!

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

Timeline
2 hours ago, BruceW said:

USCIS send you an email to tell you have been scheduled, but it usually takes a week or so after the email to get the official notice to give you the exact interview date and time at MSP Office. I will let you know when that happens and update the spreadsheet. I am hoping that the possibility of a government shutdown does not slow things down.

My interview date is January 24, 2019. The softcopy (.pdf) of my interview letter is now available on the myUSCIS website, when I signed in today. The spreadsheet will be updated to reflect this date.

46 minutes ago, BruceW said:

My interview date is January 24, 2019. The softcopy (.pdf) of my interview letter is now available on the myUSCIS website, when I signed in today. The spreadsheet will be updated to reflect this date.

congrats! good news for Christmas

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Enjoy +1.5 months of processing time (15.5 to 23 months) as of 12/18, guyz.

Edited by Filya

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit?usp=sharing

Had my oath ceremony today (yay!)

Following the advice, I parked at the Kellogg square parking ramp and walked to the building. The time printed on the paper was actually not the oath ceremony time but to make sure to have the people come in early enough to get ready for the ceremony. My time was 10:45am on the paper, but when I went to the courthouse, the program said the ceremony is at 11:30am. I arrived around 10am to be rather on the early side, so ended up waiting quite a bit of time.

It was a small and intimate ceremony and generally very pleasant. I am sharing this time here because I did not expect the ceremony to begin at 11:30 so I cleared out my morning but had a meeting scheduled at 1pm and had to be back to work before then. I did not anticipate that I'd need to be there that long. I was able to make it fine but I had to rush out of the courtroom after I received the certificate without enjoying the time afterwards to take pictures etc.

Anyways, now to get the passport and social security updates :)

Good luck to you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.