marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, ricky22 said:

@GoBig Did you apply online 90 days before your actual eligibility date.  Id like to know that if the length of time people are quoting here includes that 90s days because that may make a little bit of difference.

Thanks

Not really.  My husband applied under the 5 year rule and we are still at 9 months and counting.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

20 hours ago, ricky22 said:

Thanks. How about other folks who got interviews? Does the total time of processing include the 90 days before they were eligible for citizenship.

when applying N400 through MSP office, the estimated processing time(months) provided by USCIS would not be reflecting the actual numbers. All you need to understand is that MSP is very slow.  it really doesn't matter if the 90 days is included in the estimation or not.

see the link in my signature to have a better sense of the real processing time from the approved and pending cases at MSP office.

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 05/2012, EB-1A 140 approval
  • 02/2013AOS / I-485 approval and received green card
  • 11/2017, N-400 e-filed (5-year term)
  • 09/2018, N-400 approval 
  • 10/2018, oath day
  • 11/26/2018, minor child N-600 mailed out(USPS)
  • 04/12/2019, N-600 approval letter  

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline
22 hours ago, ricky22 said:

Thanks. How about other folks who got interviews? Does the total time of processing include the 90 days before they were eligible for citizenship.

They cant start processing your case until they have your fingerprints (for FBI check), so possibly that is a key date for you, so like Marcusa said look at the spreadsheet and see on average how long it takes from that date until people get notice of an interview. This is just a guesstimate, since each case is different.

On 12/2/2018 at 2:48 PM, ricky22 said:

For timing you are going to want to go off the filing date as noted on your receipt notice. USCIS does nothing with the 90days before rules except check you qualify to apply for citizenship, and a lot of people aren't applying for citizenship the second they are eligible. 

2 hours ago, ricky22 said:

Thanks for the replies folks.

you are welcome. take a break and enjoy the holidays.

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

5 hours ago, Xee Khan said:

Hi @mspUSCISisSLOW
I can see in the sheet you had the interview on 12/03?, would you like to share your experience? it would be helpful. thank you!!

surprisingly, not many people did take time to share their experience after interview since Aug/September.

H1b ---> EB-1A (I-140) ---> I-485 AOS(Green Card) ---> 5 years --->  US Citizenship N400 application

• Day 011/16/2017, e-filing N400
  • Day 3069/18/2018,  interview day--passed and in line for oath.
  • Day 332: 10/15/2018, Oath Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
53 minutes ago, GoBig said:

surprisingly, not many people did take time to share their experience after interview since Aug/September.

I'm not such sharing is necessarily all that helpful, as it is pretty formulaic:

Is the person eligible? 

Is the person a criminal?

Are there any red flags with regards to fraud?

Has the person passed the test?

Congratulations. Citizenship.

The immigration interviews in foreign consulates vary much more widely.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I have the oath scheduled next week in St. Paul courthouse and wanted to know if anyone has some suggestions as to what to expect in terms of traffic/parking. I also will have a family member to attend the ceremony and wonder if anyone has any tip to make the experience smooth and stress-free. We will have to drive separately to the site, so logistics is something of a concern for the day for me. Any suggestions or piece of advise is welcome!

13 hours ago, coralee said:

I have the oath scheduled next week in St. Paul courthouse and wanted to know if anyone has some suggestions as to what to expect in terms of traffic/parking. I also will have a family member to attend the ceremony and wonder if anyone has any tip to make the experience smooth and stress-free. We will have to drive separately to the site, so logistics is something of a concern for the day for me. Any suggestions or piece of advise is welcome!

if your courthouse is located at  316 Robert St N, St Paul, MN 55101.  the nearest parking ramp is located at Kellogg Square Parking Ramp111 E Kellogg Blvd, St Paul, MN 55101.. the parking hour rate is acceptable and it's right across the Robert Street. The courthouse is right in front of you when you are out of parking ramp building. google map will give you the best images.  the ramp inside is old and narrow. Dont drive a big car over that ramp. otherwise, you will have a lot of trouble getting in and out.

regarding to the oath,

1,documents to bring: green card and oath letter (you can fill the letter and sign at home,or they provide pens for you on site). i did bring my passport but never being asked.

2, line up outside in the hallway and wait. when the time is up, you will check in first with the table outside of the courtroom, turn in your green card (the staff will toss it in a container under the table) and oath letter. the staff will stamp on the oath letter.

3,follow the line to enter the courtroom,turn in the oath letter and find seats dedicated for new citizens. you will receive an USCIS envelope . your family will be in the separate visitor seats behind.

4, when Judge comes, the following will be very straightforward. 20-25 minutes total.

5, at the end of oath, you will receive the certificate. and have the opportunity to take photos with the Judge in the courtroom following the line. Lots of people chose to do that. 

when you are out of the courtroom, you are officially the US citizen and celebrating.

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

On 12/10/2018 at 9:49 PM, GoBig said:

Parked in the same building since it was cold in the morning. Arrived at 730 ish for 8 am interview. Coming a little early helped because around 10-15 people rushed around 745. 

Straight interview. Was a new interviewer, he thought the written/reading portion was part of the ten questions for some reason. 

Asked me 7 question instead of 6 since he was more nervous than me with a supervisor present.

He had the forms printed out and didnt look at computer. Updated my address since the 400 had last address. Didnt ask for any additional documents, I took the tax transcripts just in case. Interview was over in 15 mins. 

Recommended for naturalization. 

Tips: Make sure to go to the receptionist right after security to get registered. Some folks simply were waiting for their time :unsure:. They announce names but its not on a speaker system for some reason, so be mindful of the name announcements. If possible do not bring children if not required. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.