marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, marcusa said:

tomorrow is my interview day. wish myself a comfortable and smooth experience .

Good luck.  We met with our lawyer on Friday and he said that the officers in MPLS are extremely polite and kind.  I'm confident it will go well for you guys!!

hello,guys, got returned from interview. busy monday! here is what i wanted to share!

• Traffic : the 35W highway has huge constructions going on when it’s close to Minneapolis downtown. Please plan to leave at least 30 minutes earlier in case of traffic jam.

• Parking: we chose to park at the underground Marquette Plaza Garage (62 S. 3rd Street, Minneapolis, MN). 23$ for 3+hours. Open now: Open 24 hours.

Rate: 0-1 hr, $13  /1-3 hr , $18  /  3-12 hr,  -$23

Once parked, followed the sign to the elevator taking up to 7th floor. Very convenient! There is also a toll parking lot on the 3rd street right next to the Marquette Plaza building.

• Security check and check-in: Arrived on 7th floor and entered the USCIS Room 701 right next to the elevator. Followed the directions for security check just like airport.

Then checked in at the front desk in the lobby. You will be asked for taking photo and both index fingerprint by the front desk staff. A waiting number will be given to you which is already assigned to case interview officers who will call you for interview over the radio later.

• My appointment was scheduled 9:30 am. i didn't review any questions or materials during the waiting. But got called in on 10:50 am. Had a small talk in the hallway, followed officer to enter the interview room.

• The interview: The officer has an intern in the room for observation but not involved in interview processes. This section was very standard and quick.

remained standing ...Sweared to tell the truth. ...Asked to show the GC, Driver license, passport.

1) reading test:  who lives in the white house?

2) writing test: the president lives in the white house.

3) civic questions:

1. The first president?
  2. name one state boarded to Canada?
  3. How many senators do we have?
  4. name one right from the first Amendment ?
  5. Who wrote the declaration of independence?
  6. The name of current president of U.S. ?

4)last,went through N400 form. 

No vocabulary tested on those "YES/NO" questions.

No additional documents asked(i prepared over 20 documents including originals )

Total interview time: 20 minutes.  

Result: congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval....2 minutes later, received both email and text notification saying case status changed to in line for oath schedule. 

Edited by marcusa

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 05/2012, EB-1A 140 approval
  • 02/2013AOS / I-485 approval and received green card
  • 11/2017, N-400 e-filed (5-year term)
  • 09/2018, N-400 approval 
  • 10/2018, oath day
  • 11/26/2018, minor child N-600 mailed out(USPS)
  • 04/12/2019, N-600 approval letter  

24 minutes ago, marcusa said:

Result: congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval....2 minutes later, received both email and text notification saying case status changed to in line for oath schedule. 

Congrats marcusa! Thanks a lot for your detailed post.

When you get a minute, could you please update on what were the 20 different documents you took to the interview? Want to have a better idea of what might be necessary, other than the docs listed in the interview letter. :) 

2 hours ago, Cybertron said:

Congrats marcusa! Thanks a lot for your detailed post.

When you get a minute, could you please update on what were the 20 different documents you took to the interview? Want to have a better idea of what might be necessary, other than the docs listed in the interview letter. :) 

1.       Interview notice

2.       Passport book

3.       Green card

4.       SSN card

5.       Driver license

6.       Passport  Photo

7.       IRS Tax  Return transcript (past 5 years tax transcripts including 2017 )

8.       legal document-court order

9.       marriage certificate

10.   birth certificate

11.   car insurance,medical insurance cards

12.   Bank: joint account documentvery last bank statement

13.   House –ownership,  property tax /mortgage documents

14.   employee ID,last paycheck ,W2  

15.   form N400 submitted.

16.   traffic ticket citation/ticket and payment receipt

17.   rental lease agreement/contract  in the last 5 years, utility bill and monthly pay history.

18.   Spouse,children profiles(GC, passport, SSN,etc)

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

best of luck to you all in the journey.

Edited by marcusa

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

9 minutes ago, GetIT said:

Got a notification that my interview is now scheduled. The interview letter is still not uploaded to the USCIS online account. So still don't know date, time and place of interview.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the physical mail or pdf uploaded to the USCIS online account?

congrats!

wait for 24 hours to see the PDF in your account. see my timeline and you will expect to have interview a month after, 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Togo
Timeline
9 hours ago, GetIT said:

Got a notification that my interview is now scheduled. The interview letter is still not uploaded to the USCIS online account. So still don't know date, time and place of interview.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the physical mail or pdf uploaded to the USCIS online account?

@GetIT, when did you file for naturalization? 

3 hours ago, duitta2g15 said:

click the link in my signature and you will see the timeline and status of all filers.

you are welcome to add your case over there by simply typing in and it will be automatically saved. 

Edited by marcusa

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

for those of you who are interested in finding out the oath ceremony with the Minnesota district court schedule, here is the link to know more:

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/newsinfo.shtml

Naturalization Ceremonies - Oct. 2017 thru Sept. 2018 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, marcusa said:

congrats!

wait for 24 hours to see the PDF in your account. see my timeline and you will expect to have interview a month after, 

Thank you! I got the pdf in my online account.

16 hours ago, duitta2g15 said:

I filed in November 2017.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Late Nov 2017? WOW there is tiny chance that my interview (filed 2/2/2018) could happen before the end of the year!

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit?usp=sharing

On 9/17/2018 at 7:05 PM, marcusa said:

1.       Interview notice

2.       Passport book

3.       Green card

4.       SSN card

5.       Driver license

6.       Passport  Photo

7.       IRS Tax  Return transcript (past 5 years tax transcripts including 2017 )

8.       legal document-court order

9.       marriage certificate

10.   birth certificate

11.   car insurance,medical insurance cards

12.   Bank: joint account documentvery last bank statement

13.   House –ownership,  property tax /mortgage documents

14.   employee ID,last paycheck ,W2  

15.   form N400 submitted.

16.   traffic ticket citation/ticket and payment receipt

17.   rental lease agreement/contract  in the last 5 years, utility bill and monthly pay history.

18.   Spouse,children profiles(GC, passport, SSN,etc)

MarcUSA and GetiT, you guys are so lucky. And Thanks for MarcUSA to put these information here.

I filed July 2017, and I'm still staring at the screen that says "Case is inline for Interview". It was posted with message like "On Oct. 31st, 2017, we started scheduling your interview process ..."

I wonder when I will get an interview. So nerve biting!

2 hours ago, Filya said:

Late Nov 2017? WOW there is tiny chance that my interview (filed 2/2/2018) could happen before the end of the year!

Honestly... I filed last July, and haven't gotten an interview date yet. So... I won't bank on yours. Not that it can't happen though, so let's keep the hopes up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.