marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Cybertron said:

marcusa, Thanks!

This might be another novice question, but which website is the PDF available on? Is it something available for online filers only? I did a paper filing.

I generally use this one to check my case status and have an online account on it: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

the case status link you mentioned is simply showing that your interview is scheduled. it doesnt include any more details regarding to your interview.

now you need to go to another place:  https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

in your case, you did paper filing, therefore you need to create a new account. Once successful, you will be able to add your N400 receipt # or case number to your profile and all processing changes will be updated from there. All documents issued from the USCIS to you will also have PDF copy in your account. For an instance, your interview letter is downloadable to print if you dont receive the hardcopy mail or it never shows up in your mailbox for some reason. 

i did e-filing at the beginning which requires you have to create an account and upload supporting documents. 

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 05/2012, EB-1A 140 approval
  • 02/2013AOS / I-485 approval and received green card
  • 11/2017, N-400 e-filed (5-year term)
  • 09/2018, N-400 approval 
  • 10/2018, oath day
  • 11/26/2018, minor child N-600 mailed out(USPS)
  • 04/12/2019, N-600 approval letter  

i also found out that, the USCIS letters (including application receipt, biometrcis, interview notice) are generated in white paper.

they dont have the light green background picture(stature of liberty)anymore. it's just plain white A4 paper.

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zAp0TsKmPJf_9JiQxsUnfh2F9kLzbr9cpfyuGv2RjfQ/edit?usp=sharing 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

On 8/21/2018 at 9:32 AM, Cybertron said:

I also got an email notification on 8/17 saying the interview was scheduled, waiting for the letter. 

Judging by their pace, we were probably the two cases that USCIS MSP office processed last week. 

Nice, Congrats. I got the letter today. The interview is on Sept 25th.

16 hours ago, Cena said:

another runner got good news!

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

does Mlps office offer the same-day oath service?     i know some offices do but never recall Mpls office had done this before. 

My immigration journey:

• 08/2011,H-1b entry
  • 10/2018, oath day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

congrats you all who have received your interview letter.

I have a concern about my wife case, when i login in to her account page

its said 21 month on the top under N-400 ,  but undernearth the case status text , its says there 30 days and since August 18

and its counting down today its say 26 days

page1.jpg

My N400 Timeline

- August 18,2018 :  Case Received

- September 10, 2018 : Biometrics

- May 28th 2019 : Interview Update online

- June 3rd  2019 : Interview Letter Received

- July 3rd 2019  : Interview Day   

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit#gid=794661185

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
23 hours ago, marcusa said:

does Mlps office offer the same-day oath service?     i know some offices do but never recall Mpls office had done this before. 

No, not according to the officer I spoke with and this Naturalization Schedule: http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Naturalization-Schedule.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, birchscott said:

No, not according to the officer I spoke with and this Naturalization Schedule: http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/Naturalization-Schedule.pdf

I wonder if you can request Moorhead to do it at.   That is just a day trip versus a multi-day trip for us.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I think you may try to request it during your interview. By the way, how is your on line status check? I have been receiving "At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 for additional information." since a few weeks ago. I filed my case in March as well. Thanks.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:16 PM, Cena said:

Thanks Cena. Congrats to you as well! My Interview is also on 25th September.

It will be interesting to see the new USCIS office in downtown Minneapolis. Parking and traffic might also be challenging since I need to be there early in the AM. 

The last time I went for an interview for my GC extension the office was still in the Bloomington area. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cybertron said:

Thanks Cena. Congrats to you as well! My Interview is also on 25th September.

It will be interesting to see the new USCIS office in downtown Minneapolis. Parking and traffic might also be challenging since I need to be there early in the AM. 

The last time I went for an interview for my GC extension the office was still in the Bloomington area. 

I happen to work in the same building as this Service Center and can provide some tips for you. 

It's a much nicer facility than the old Bloomington office.  There is obviously no free parking being downtown, but there is a public underground ramp in the building. Max is $23/day, so not exactly cheap but very convenient.  Enter said ramp on S 3rd Street. Take the elevator to level 2, then transfer to the main elevators and head to 7th floor. Street parking is available around the building but it generally fills up early in the day. The building is skyway connected, so you can park further away if needed and walk.  There are also many bus and light rail lines that stop right next to or near the building. 

Arrive early and be prepared for a line at security and check-in. 

Happy to answer any other questions as well!

8 minutes ago, birchscott said:

I happen to work in the same building as this Service Center and can provide some tips for you. 

It's a much nicer facility than the old Bloomington office.  There is obviously no free parking being downtown, but there is a public underground ramp in the building. Max is $23/day, so not exactly cheap but very convenient.  Enter said ramp on S 3rd Street. Take the elevator to level 2, then transfer to the main elevators and head to 7th floor. Street parking is available around the building but it generally fills up early in the day. The building is skyway connected, so you can park further away if needed and walk.  There are also many bus and light rail lines that stop right next to or near the building. 

Arrive early and be prepared for a line at security and check-in. 

Happy to answer any other questions as well!

This is great information.. Thanks birchscott!!

I used to work in the Capella tower until a few months ago and have an idea about this location.
But it is definitely nice to know that there is an underground parking ramp in the same building. I wish they provide crucial information like this on the interview letters.

Do any of you have an idea about the required document listed on the letter that says: Any evidence of Selective Service Registration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.