7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have a question and a bit confused, I'm filling out a spouse visa for my wife who is oversees, I'm now at the stage of filling the i864's. I live with my father and mother and sisters. I filled out a i864 for me but my income is not enough, so I will be using my dad's income, even though my dad filled with a joint tax return with my mom, my dad makes all the income because my mom doesn't work alsoI'm not a dependent on his tax return. So my question is will my dad fill out only a i864 only, or does he have to fill out a i864a since we live in the same household? Also by him only filling out a i864 will that combine our income?

Edited by Dez87

He will be completing the I-864 :) Yours and your dad's incomes will not be combined. If your income is insufficient, your dad's income needs to be able to cover himself + dependents + your foreign spouse.

I-864A is only needed if your mom's income is used to make up for your dad's income shortfall. However, your dad and mom would need to be living in the same household for their combined income to be considered.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

So I just fill out a i864 for me and a i864 for my dad only? So no need to fill out i864a for my dad even though we live in the same household? I thought u can fill a i864a for a parent who lives with u to combine income?

Timeline

So I just fill out a i864 for me and a i864 for my dad, no need to fill out i864a even though we live in the same household? Can I please get some help because I'm confused.

Timeline

I'm confused because some people say that file a i864 for myself and a i864 for my father is enough, some people say file a i864 for myself and a i864a for my father since I live with him? I'm not a dependent on his taxes. So what's the best and correct way?

I just finished and sent this off to my wife im using a co sponsor here in my household and hired rapidvisa. heres what you do. you do the I-864, then your dad a I-864 that's if you have 0.00 to shopw but if your combining then you do the I-864 and dad I-864a.. ill explain how I did it im on SSI that's counted as public means tested so its income not counted so I had to do a I-864 even though im below. then my mom is a teachers aid so she did a I-864 then my dad did a I-864A to combine him and moms income. the I-864a is only simply a bonding contract between the petitioner and household members the whole purpose of a I-864A is to combine the incomes.. so heres the point of you want to combine you and dads income to be were u need to be then you do I-864 and dad do I-864A but if you don't have income to show or income that cant be used then you do I-864 then dad doing one as well the difference is simply I-864 is the co sponsor showing all cause you cant or I-864A is combining.. surely you understand now cause to me it couldn't be more clear Lol good luck and wish you the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.