CaliCat

Gun-related Deaths in America Eclipse Terrorism

167 posts in this topic

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I dont know. How do you think we can get the inner city minorities in the places guns are banned to stop shooting each other ?

Taking away my my magnificent and to be quite honest, splendid cache of scary look guns sure isn't going to help anything  

I don't have an answer to that, anymore than anyone has a way to stop terrorism. But we seem to pay more attention to terrorism than to a problem that is taking place inside our country.

Edited by CaliCat

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I dont know. How do you think we can get the inner city minorities in the places guns are banned to stop shooting each other ?

Taking away my my magnificent and to be quite honest, splendid cache of scary look guns sure isn't going to help anything  

Indeed, blacks seem to love shooting each other with extreme disproportionate rate to their population. Yet the left like focusing on white cops. Seems this issue is an attempt to move people's attention away from Muslims and toward their irrational fear of guns. 

"Irrational fear of guns" is interesting commentary since the reality is the daily carnage of gun violence in the US eclipses Islamic terrorism, which is in turn eclipsed by Christian terrorism. Gun violence is the hands down carnage champion over all three categories and it is not rationalizable to discount it based on who the victims are.

I don't know what "the left" fear, but my fears tend to go towards factual levels of danger and gun violence is a much more common, thus logical concern in the US.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

53 minutes ago, IAMX said:

People there have accepted government as the rulers of their lives, and it sort of works for them, except for terrorism. 

Won't work for the USA. Violence is as much a part of USA culture as is the second amendment.

Really? I've lived in both countries and I feel just as much freedom here in the US than I did in the UK. What a load of poppycock. So the cultural violence in the US is to be accepted because of the 2nd amendment, I thought it was to meant to make citizens safer?

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
49 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

"Irrational fear of guns" is interesting commentary since the reality is the daily carnage of gun violence in the US eclipses Islamic terrorism, which is in turn eclipsed by Christian terrorism. Gun violence is the hands down carnage champion over all three categories and it is not rationalizable to discount it based on who the victims are.

I don't know what "the left" fear, but my fears tend to go towards factual levels of danger and gun violence is a much more common, thus logical concern in the US.

Factual levels of danger..

I can totally see this poster going on about how dangerous ghettos are, where the disproportionate amount of shootings take place.

Or was it white cops. 

Cuz logical:

DGZpIhC.jpg

But then again, someone who whines about white supremacists and "fascists" (whatever that means) being a threat, far from rational.

Edited by IAMX

Timeline
1 hour ago, ready4ONE said:

It appears that gun violence is negligible, based on the construct of race associated with the victims. Gun violence is ok and perfectly acceptable, as long as the majority of the victims are black. 

In all fairness, as a stance it's more ergonomically desirable that the next best option, which would require digging a hole in the sand, in which to insert the head. 

Edited by CaliCat

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, CaliCat said:

True, but shouldn't we then pay as much, if not more attention, to a problem that kills more people than terrorism?

I think we have spent quite a bit of attention towards it. There have been countless regulations passed in the last 80 years and gun crime has generally been trending down.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, 8bit_Theatre said:

I think we have spent quite a bit of attention towards it. There have been countless regulations passed in the last 80 years and gun crime has generally been trending down.

Anything to deflect from other social issues that need fixing.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

Really? I've lived in both countries and I feel just as much freedom here in the US than I did in the UK. What a load of poppycock. So the cultural violence in the US is to be accepted because of the 2nd amendment, I thought it was to meant to make citizens safer?

Its not about making people safer, its a limit of power for the government on infringing rights of the individual. Rarely does the protection of rights equate to safety.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

I would suggest taking a course on the second amendment if it evades you this much.

1 minute ago, 8bit_Theatre said:

Its not about making people safer, its a limit of power for the government on infringing rights of the individual. Rarely does the protection of rights equate to safety.

I understand that but this fantasy of a proportion of the population arming themselves to the hilt to stop the government from reducing their freedoms is ridiculous. The USA has the most powerful military in the world and no amount of arms the population has will stop them.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Just now, IAMX said:

I would suggest taking a course on the second amendment if it evades you this much.

I'm aware of what the second amendment is, it's outdated and written at a time when muskets we're the main weapon of choice. It needs an upgrade because we're living in the 21st century.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

2 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Exaggerations make us seem incredibly rational.

It's not an exaggeration, 3% of the population own half of all guns in this country.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, IAMX said:

People there have accepted government as the rulers of their lives, and it sort of works for them, except for terrorism. 

I don't think so. In fact government interference in both Europe and the US is almost on the same level. There is one huge difference though; hierarchy is very important in the US, in Europe ( especially West Europe) not so much.

As far as terrorism attacks, geographicly Europe and the Middle East are close to each other.  Europe and the Middle East have always had a hate/love relationship so from this point of view more terrorist attacks take place in that area then there will be in the US. Has nothing to do how government rules people's lives or not.   I'm from the Netherlands, which is a very liberal country and there hasn't been any attack there like what's going on in the surrounding countries.....*knocks on wood*

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg