Kris003

Question about i864

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello guys .The i864 form is for my wife witch is the primary sponsor,and i have a joint sponsor also cause she doesn't make enough.I already filled the i864 for my wife and the i864A for her ,now i need to fill both forms for my joint sposnor too? 

Your wife and the joint sponsor each complete an I-864 and provide the supporting financial documents. Why are you completing the forms? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JFH said:

Your wife and the joint sponsor each complete an I-864 and provide the supporting financial documents. Why are you completing the forms? 

Cause they are pretty busy and i have more free time ,and i already have all the information and everything 

8 minutes ago, Kris003 said:

Cause they are pretty busy and i have more free time ,and i already have all the information and everything 

But make sure that both your wife and your joint sponsor signed on the forms, otherwise you might get check list from NVC

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mrahman14 said:

But make sure that both your wife and your joint sponsor signed on the forms, otherwise you might get check list from NVC

Yes of course ,i'm just fillin the information.Thank you 😊

2 hours ago, Kris003 said:

Too busy to do the paperwork to be able to live with the person you love most in the world??? It takes an hour at most. If my husband had told me he didn't even have an hour to spare to do the required paperwork for us to be together I'd be very upset. 

I see it here over and over again - foreign beneficiaries with limited English skills "helping" their spouses with the paperwork and having to ask questions because they don't understand what's being asked. Despite the fact that they are married to someone who is a citizen of an English-speaking country. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
3 hours ago, JFH said:

Too busy to do the paperwork to be able to live with the person you love most in the world??? It takes an hour at most. If my husband had told me he didn't even have an hour to spare to do the required paperwork for us to be together I'd be very upset. 

I see it here over and over again - foreign beneficiaries with limited English skills "helping" their spouses with the paperwork and having to ask questions because they don't understand what's being asked. Despite the fact that they are married to someone who is a citizen of an English-speaking country. 

Its pretty complicated to do it ,and i haven't hired a layer.And i know my wife ,and i know she is not as focus as me on the paperwork thing ,and she is not that calm at looking at details and stuff .I feel more confortable filling it myself ,then doing it 100 times .I know what you're saying and i agree ,but everyone has diferent situations with diferent kind of people .And the joint sponsor for her father in law ,if i leave it up to him its gonna take 200 years.So yeah i think i'm better doing it myself lol

On 8/13/2017 at 11:21 PM, Kris003 said:

Its pretty complicated to do it ,and i haven't hired a layer.And i know my wife ,and i know she is not as focus as me on the paperwork thing ,and she is not that calm at looking at details and stuff .I feel more confortable filling it myself ,then doing it 100 times .I know what you're saying and i agree ,but everyone has diferent situations with diferent kind of people .And the joint sponsor for her father in law ,if i leave it up to him its gonna take 200 years.So yeah i think i'm better doing it myself lol

I filled in my husband's i-864 too. I am a national English speaker but even if I wasn't, I know my husband and I definitely do not trust him with anything this important (sorry, hubby!) I let him fill in one form (the one that asks for all his address etc) and I STILL had to go back and do the whole thing over. I love the man to death but NOPE lol :D

05/11/2017: Mailed I-485, I-130, I-131, 1-765 

05/12/2017: Packet Delivered and Signed For

05/17/2017: NOA (text) Received for I-485 and I-765

05/18/2017: NOA (text) Received for I-130 and I-131

05/19/2017: Checks cashed 

05/22/2017: NOA (hard copy) Received in Mail (dated 05/17/2017)

05/26/2017: Biometrics Received (scheduled for 06/07/2017)

05/30/2017: Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

05/30/2017: SR to expedite I-765

06/05/2017: Received RFE for I-130A (dated 06/01/2017)

06/06/2017: Response to RFE Delivered

06/08/2017: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

06/12/2017: SR to expedite I-765 (with help from Congressman)

06/15/2017: EAD Approved! (34 days)

06/20/2017: EAD/AP Mailed

06/22/2017: EAD/AP Arrived in Mail (41 days)

07/06/2017-07/12/2017: Traveled on AP (POE: MIA)

12/20/2017: Letter with interview date (222 DAYS)

01/23/2018: INTERVIEW DATE!

01/24/2018: AOS Approved! (257 DAYS)

01/27/2018: Welcome to USA Letter Received (260 DAYS)

01/30/2018: Green Card Received (263 DAYS)

12/10/2019: DIVORCED!

01/22/2020: I-751 Mailed

01/24/2020: NOA Received

03/05/2020: Biometrics Completed

On 13/08/2017 at 11:21 PM, Kris003 said:

Yeah I filled in ALL of the forms in myself too and I am English speaking as well as my husband! I found it was just easier with me having all the time in the world from not being able to work. All I did was get him to sign the papers lol!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.