EJ2017

VISA APPROVED BUT CEAC STATUS IS REFUSED

7 posts in this topic

EB21 employment based with my husband. 

July 21, 2017

Interview at US embassy Manila

Consul approved our visa and did not return our passports. Instructed us to wait 5 to 10 days for our passports with printed visa through 2go courier. 

Checked the CEAC website everyday for updates. It was stuck on READY (for interview) for 14 days even though interview was done already. 

15 days after.

August 11, 2017

CEAC STATUS CHANGED TO REFUSED. Havent received any email from embassy yet. 

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Anyone with similar case? Please share. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's possible that someone pressed the wrong button and meant to press Approved, we have had that happen here before.  But it is also possible that when they looked at your paperwork again after you left/ a supervisor double checked, they found something to refuse your visa. Do you have an account on 2go yet, if so, what does it say?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Only thing I can think of is that for EB21, the category in July was current in the final action date but retrogressed to Apr 1, 2015 in August. For September, the final action date will be advanced to Jan 1, 2016. From what I understand, if your priority date is later than these dates, then the Embassy cannot issue you the immigrant visa. You're approved but you just have to wait.

I hope this is your only issue. You could have gotten that visa in July since it was still current then and there was at least a week until Aug. If there were no other issues, five business days was enough time for them to at least issue the visa.

Good news is they still have your passport. They have to contact you somehow. In some ways, no news is good news too. They still want to keep your passport.

My 2 cents worth.

Regarding contacting them, any other possible reason for "REFUSED" and the "What's next?", I would rather have the more knowledgeable VJers answer your questions.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, Penguin_ie said:

It's possible that someone pressed the wrong button and meant to press Approved, we have had that happen here before.  But it is also possible that when they looked at your paperwork again after you left/ a supervisor double checked, they found something to refuse your visa. Do you have an account on 2go yet, if so, what does it say?

I hope they just made a mistake pressing a button. It did took time to review our documents. During the interview, the consul asked us to take a seat and wait for 15 mins because she needs to do more research regarding our case. After that, she asked simple questions then told us "YOUR VISAS ARE APPROVED. YOU MAY GO HOME NOW".

It's been 4 days since Friday (August 11), that we're on REFUSED status, but still WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY EMAIL OR INFORMATION as to why we were refused. I hope this is just a glitch.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, xyz12345 said:

Only thing I can think of is that for EB21, the category in July was current in the final action date but retrogressed to Apr 1, 2015 in August. For September, the final action date will be advanced to Jan 1, 2016. From what I understand, if your priority date is later than these dates, then the Embassy cannot issue you the immigrant visa. You're approved but you just have to wait.

I hope this is your only issue. You could have gotten that visa in July since it was still current then and there was at least a week until Aug. If there were no other issues, five business days was enough time for them to at least issue the visa.

Good news is they still have your passport. They have to contact you somehow. In some ways, no news is good news too. They still want to keep your passport.

My 2 cents worth.

Regarding contacting them, any other possible reason for "REFUSED" and the "What's next?", I would rather have the more knowledgeable VJers answer your questions.

Our priority date is September 19, 2014, which is CURRENT. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I think we are on the same boat. ID was on Oct 17, but until now, CEAC status says READY (for interview) its been more than 2 weeks.. and the waiting game is so frustrating. 

May I know what are the updates with your case? 

After a month of waiting, we received our passports through mail but no visas attached. We were so devastated. The green note along with the mail indicated we committed a fraud. But we didnt willingly commit or attempted to commit fraud in any way. We availed the assistance of a lawyer to help us in our case. I hope your case is different from ours. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.