fitness123

Wife on Green Card & 4 Months Pregnant?

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
14 hours ago, jan22 said:

No reason to get snarky.

The funding mechanism for Medicaid varies from state-to-state and in many states uses more state than federal funding. So, unless you live in Texas where the OP lives, it is unlikely that many of your taxes will be going to this particular case.  In asking questions about Medicaid, this couple is, in fact, trying to follow the law and get insurance.  In states that allow LPRs to enroll in Medicaid, it is not a violation of the I-864 to do so, as it is not a federal means-tested program.

Thanks for responding

10 hours ago, f f said:

yes.

in this day and age children are a choice and if a couple is not ready then they should use the means available to them to prevent the pregnancy from occurring. I do not use the word "ready"  to describe the parents desire to have a child but to describe thier ability to provide for thier child both financially and emotionally.

since the parents decided to have a child without being financially capable of providing for it the burden for that care now falls onto the government programs which are funded by the American people. by this logic my money is being used to care for that child/pregnancy so yes I am being injured by thier choices and I will fully exercise my right to be mad.

i dont like being forced into this position but for the good of the child these services need to be used. I am not so cold hearted to deny a suffering child the care it needs.

I would recommend contacting county health services and planned parenthood about determining what services you are able to get.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Ask the IRS.. you might not have read about those who came to have anchor baby here and skip the bill and are now been asked to pay up before getting a visa. Asylum seekers pay for their flight ticket after settling here.

Where have you been living that "no one being asked to repay anything in the USA"?

The process might be slow but try IRS and see how quick they will come after you.

Well we don't hear stories of the government enforcing the I-864, so that is probably where it is coming from about never having to pay.

Just to clarify, it's actually refugees not asylum seekers who repay their airline tickets since asylums are already in the US.

10 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

Well we don't hear stories of the government enforcing the I-864, so that is probably where it is coming from about never having to pay.

Just to clarify, it's actually refugees not asylum seekers who repay their airline tickets since asylums are already in the US.

Thanks for replying

34 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

Ask the IRS.. you might not have read about those who came to have anchor baby here and skip the bill and are now been asked to pay up before getting a visa. Asylum seekers pay for their flight ticket after settling here.

Where have you been living that "no one being asked to repay anything in the USA"?

The process might be slow but try IRS and see how quick they will come after you.

I didn't say it never happened, just never heard of someone having to pay because of their i-864.  I could have worded it better / English is still not my first language. Would gladly read on i-864 repayment request stories if you find some to share.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Wow. Im baffled by the responses to this question. Pepole are very quick to judge when we have absolutely no idea what happened in this situation. I once had to be on a type of government assistance when I was pregnant, and it wasn't because I wanted to mooch off of the government. Things happen in peoples lives that they didn't or don't expect.  You know there's also cases in Tennessee where the company you work for provides insurance at such a high rate, the government will allow you to get insurance through tenncare. So with that being said, don't be so quick to judge. All it takes is a layoff slip, or an accident that was unexpected to put someone in a situation that they would need government assistance. It's up to the government to decide if they qualify for it. Not you to decide if they deserve it.  Also to the person who said move back to your home country to have the baby,  that's just ridiculous. I don't know any parent that would want to spend the first several months away from their child. Any parent would know that's not an option. 

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

1 minute ago, JYF said:

Your wife wont get medicaid since she's not a US citizen, but she can apply for Chip  perinatal (if you qualify). It will cover labor with delivery and baby's health and medical services for its 1st months of life. 

https://chipmedicaid.org/en/CHIP-Perinatal

Congrats!

It varies by state. In Texas she can even have pre-natal care. I posted a link from plan parenthood yesterday.

42 minutes ago, IcezMan_IcezLady said:

The IRS has nothing to do with this. Stop making up stuff.

In Texas, with Chip perinatal, you will have access to :

• Up to 20 prenatal visits.
  • Prenatal vitamins and medicines your doctor orders.   
  • Diabetic supplies your doctor orders (starting September, 2014).
  • Labor with delivery of the baby. 
  • Regular checkups, vaccines and medicines the doctor orders for the baby after the baby leaves the hospital
  • Two doctor visits for you after your baby is born.
Edited by JYF

1 minute ago, Meg&Andrew said:

Wow. Im baffled by the responses to this question. Pepole are very quick to judge when we have absolutely no idea what happened in this situation. I once had to be on a type of government assistance when I was pregnant, and it wasn't because I wanted to mooch off of the government. Things happen in peoples lives that they didn't or don't expect.  You know there's also cases in Tennessee where the company you work for provides insurance at such a high rate, the government will allow you to get insurance through tenncare. So with that being said, don't be so quick to judge. All it takes is a layoff slip, or an accident that was unexpected to put someone in a situation that they would need government assistance. It's up to the government to decide if they qualify for it. Not you to decide if they deserve it.  Also to the person who said move back to your home country to have the baby,  that's just ridiculous. I don't know any parent that would want to spend the first several months away from their child. Any parent would know that's not an option. 

Depending on where one originally came from it could be best to have the baby in their home country (Norwegian countries comes to mind). I'm not sure anyone is saying to leave their newborn behind, but I've read enough here that people do leave their child to be taken care by relatives in certain situations.

6 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

It varies by state. In Texas she can even have pre-natal care. I posted a link from plan parenthood yesterday.

• Regular checkups, vaccines and medicines the doctor orders for the baby after the baby leaves the hospital
  • Two doctor visits for you after your baby is born

2 minutes ago, JYF said:

• Two doctor visits for you after your baby is born.

We just bought prenatal vitamins at Costco at very minimal costs. I think they came in a bottle of 150, which the OP wife should be taking daily.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.