9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I recently contacted the u.s embassy in jamaica to find out information for packet 3 and if they actually send a packet to my fiance. They replied back to me with a standardized email with contents of packet 3 ok. Now the medical in st. Andrew is asking to bring in interview letter which i have and a appointment letter form the packet which i dont have. I have contacted the embassy numerous times and still can not get a answer. Is an appoinment letter required for k1 or is it just another standardized email and i only should worry about interview letter?

Edited by sherlove23
Misspelled word

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow this is still an issue.  St. Andrews should know by now that the embassy rarely sends out interview appointment letters anymore, if ever.  I had to email the embassy and request one.  They were much better at responding to emails back then.  This is crazy that St. Andrews is still requring something the embassy doesn't want to give anymore!.  I would tell you to take the visa application form confirmation but it is possible St. Andrews will turn you away without the appointment letter.  Who are you contacting at the embassy?  What email address are you using?

Timeline

The email address i was provided is KingstonNIV@state.gov i haven't been in touch with a specific person. They are really horrible at responding to a specific question or concern.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They are.  I'm so sorry.  And if you do get a response they go around the answer never fully quite answering your question.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Jamaica&cty=Kingstone

Non-Immigrant Visas E-mail: kingstonNIV@state.gov;

Immigrant Visas E-mail: kingstonIV@state.gov; Scheudule Appointments or Issues with Appointments E-mail: KingstonIVappointment@state.gov

Maybe try one or all of these.

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

Thank you i will give them a try

Timeline

we didn't get n hard copy of letter she just brought the embassy appointment when we paid the ds160 so she printed that out along with the barcode part that we paid the 350,,i just sent n email to Kingston iv because they want to interview me too, and more chat logs etc. they were bias at the interview over our age diff, so they didn't deny just wanted me to email first an d setup an appointment. we will see how long I get n response lol

Timeline

we never got n packet either all the paperwork I had sent I sent to her with instructions of wht she needed for the medical for pics n paperwork and for the embassy, they didn't say any paperwork was missing

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've been in the same situation the problem is the hospital just haven't updated their info but when you go its not required I'd recommend taking a screenshot of your interview date from ais to prove the appointment was made because the embassy WILL NOT send a letter you will continue to get a generic email believe me i tried i got nowhere but did my medical just fine without it. 

All the best

K1 Visa

11.11.2015                          Met online

27.12.2015                         Met in person

03.03.2016                         Got Engaged

07.07.2016                         Filed I-129F

13.07.2016                         NOA1

13.09.2016                         NOA2

26.09.2016                         NVC Received

28.09.2016                         Sent to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

29.09.2016                         Consulate Received

03.11.2016                         Interview, Decision Approved once Medical checks out

09.11.2016                         Medical (Yes you saw right my medical was after my interview)

14.12.2016                         Visa Issued

15.12.2016                         Visa in Hand

16.12.2016                         US Arrival

04.03.2017                         Married!!!!!

AOS

09.08.2017                         I-485, I-765 and I-131 Filed via USPS Priority Mail

11.08.2017                         Delivered

14.08.2017                         Received

18.08.2017                         Rejected (error on the check)

23.08.2017                         Packet was received in the mail

24.08.2017                         Resubmitted packet exactly as Received via USPS Priority Mail Express to physical address

25.08.2017                         Delivered and officially received by USCIS

05.09.2017                         Payment posted 

05.09.2017                         NOA Text and Email Notifications 11:22pm

11.09.2017                         NOA Hard copy received in the mail

01.09.2017                         Official NOA date on receipt

14.09.2017                         Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

29.09.2017                         Biometrics Appointment, ASC in Birmingham AL

18.10.2017                         Case status update to ready to be schedule for interview

19.12.2017                         EAD and AP approved

27.12.2017                         Received both Approval notice in the mail

28.12.2017                         combo card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.