Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, agrzybianek said:

oh boy, looks like we might need to change our travel plans :( 

Don't change your plans. What happens with one case is not a reliable indicator of the general trend. Usually it is about 4 to 6 weeks from interview to oath at the Chicago office.

My spouse interviewed on 4/4 but no date for the oath so far. 

20 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

@bzbee Any news on your oath? I know you mentioned that you were heading out of town soon. 

On the 26th we got an email (and online case status was also updated) saying "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBCXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. "  But we haven't received any letter so far. Will update with the oath date once the letter arrives.

10 hours ago, bzbee said:

Don't change your plans. What happens with one case is not a reliable indicator of the general trend. Usually it is about 4 to 6 weeks from interview to oath at the Chicago office.

My spouse interviewed on 4/4 but no date for the oath so far. 

On the 26th we got an email (and online case status was also updated) saying "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBCXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. "  But we haven't received any letter so far. Will update with the oath date once the letter arrives.

ah ok that makes sense, thanks I guess we will see what happens

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBCXXXX, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony

I wonder if your message will change to "your oath has been scheduled" once they actually do it and mail your letter then or if that's the final message

Just checking in anyone who filed in August or Sept 2017 getting a interview date. Paper filer only please. I am anticipating an interview letter at the end of this month for a interview in June last week or so. Is that a good guess? Waiting is hard guys!

Edited by podapodapunnaku

20 hours ago, podapodapunnaku said:

Just checking in anyone who filed in August or Sept 2017 getting a interview date. Paper filer only please. I am anticipating an interview letter at the end of this month for a interview in June last week or so. Is that a good guess? Waiting is hard guys!

similar situation here, I filed August, Scheduling Your Interview notice since Sept 12th, hope we get an interview letter soon as you say! hope things move quickly for everyone else too!

Hi VJ family,

I had apply in June 2017, have a divorce pending and i filed under 3 year rule for citizenship, I was skeptical to attend the interview and was ready to withdraw the case but People here suggested that i should go to interview which i did yesterday and below is the experience i shared.

So i went to the Interview yesterday. I took a oath and she asked me are you still married? i said yes but separated as we are going through divorce, then she went about asking how long have i been separated and i told her a month. she asked if we are still living together and i answered yes.

afterwards she asked me civic questions I answered 6 questions, had me write few sentences and asked me to read few lines.

She went over my application and asked question on my application. I disclosed I had a couple of traffic tickets couple of years ago.

Then she showed me all my info on a paper to verify it, and said "The name will appear on your naturalization certificate"
She made me sign an oath and said I will be saying that oath on my ceremony.
then she handed me a paper that said I passed the test but a decision could not be made yet because she wanted to review my file and that i will hear back within 90 days about decision.

Anyone with similar experience? Im ready to apply next year if anything but the interview went very good.

Thank you! 

On 4/23/2018 at 6:25 PM, Steelers1020 said:

If you are an online filer then your timeline might be different. You should check the Dec & Jan thread for online filers if that's the case. 

Thanks. Okay, I will check. yes, I'm an online filer.

14 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Good luck @agrzybianek! Best wishes for your interview tomorrow.  

Done! All went very well it was super easy. Passed with flying colors! I did get my green card back which was weird because I thought they take it at time of the interview? I think now they take it at your oath I’m not sure.

good luck to everybody else your day will come!!! Feel free to ask me if anyone has any questions

2 minutes ago, agrzybianek said:

Done! All went very well it was super easy. Passed with flying colors! I did get my green card back which was weird because I thought they take it at time of the interview? I think now they take it at your oath I’m not sure.

good luck to everybody else your day will come!!! Feel free to ask me if anyone has any questions

Congratulations buddy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.